Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Monks

BootynakaBootynaka Member UncommonPosts: 66

Ive encountered a double monk build today and it was pretty hard to beat. He had this build

LK, Nvik, Sword

Arch(M) , Invent, Monk

Monk, Oracle, Spartan

He was keeping his 2nd and 3rd line holy guarded which was a big problem for me it lasted so long most of the time all i was doing is healing my monk. I got SoP on my monk so it was hard to heal him. With his damage he was keeping me at 50% HP most of the time using puri and awaken scrolls on my dots. If it wasnt for my noble sacrifice at the end of the game i wouldnt have beaten him. So if ur thinking of doing double monk build. i think its a great idea. his problem was he didnt have shaman  to noble sac with.

Over all its definately a frustrating build to beat.

You just got Bootyknocked

Comments

• trapezoniantrapezonian Member Posts: 124

It think one monk could be enough. It will be useless to use two monks if they will just get mana sealed.

• BootynakaBootynaka Member UncommonPosts: 66

that was my problem i couldnt seal them coz they were always holy guarded. plus his main was hard to kill. because SoP and Protect it kept his frontline full hp the whole time

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118

yes that's what i also learn about the 2 monk i remain to protect both of the monks

it will surely make them very usefull  in battle.

1 is enough but 2 is awesome..!!!!

Use stun then mana seal if thats the case. Then the next round use silence or freeze, there are lots of disabling techniques in AO pvp.

• BootynakaBootynaka Member UncommonPosts: 66

they are unstunable... theres 2 monks  to awaken and awakening scrolls. silence is a joke u can only silence the second row. the only real way to beat them is wait till 50% of battle when mercs starts losing hp then pour ur dots and aoe on the front row.  no matter what its hard to beat

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Wouldnt 2 monks just cripple your DPS too much though??

If you use awakening then you won't be able to use holy guard that way you will be mana sealed. You said it yourself there are awakening scrolls then why have two monks? You can use awakening scrolls anyway. It's a waste of line up for me, just adds up to your low hp- easy to kill mercenary.

• KeshiKeshi Member Posts: 4

One awakens, the other uses hg, of course.

Thats the point, if the other monk is just for awakening then its a waste of line up slot. Just use awakening scrolls they are cheap anyway. Instead of having another monk get another offense character.

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by trapezonian

If you use awakening then you won't be able to use holy guard that way you will be mana sealed. You said it yourself there are awakening scrolls then why have two monks? You can use awakening scrolls anyway. It's a waste of line up for me, just adds up to your low hp- easy to kill mercenary.

but after you mana sealed the monk theres the other to hg it and disable the mana seal if you mana seal only one monk that's useless..

• kungfu_pandakungfu_panda Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Keshi

One awakens, the other uses hg, of course.

you're a moron... ^^, you will use you're another monk for awakening only?wtf!?

just use some scrolls instead of getting a monk

• ElendilasXElendilasX Member Posts: 243

All formations have their +/-. 2 monks seems good idea in FL but weak in pve.

Also if monks use auto-magic to heal main every hit, their mana can be consumed in few turns. Especially when going against ranged build.

• KeshiKeshi Member Posts: 4

So if you're up against a heavy gunner/artillery build who tries his darn best to hit every of your mercs every turn, and oh yeah he has a viking etc etc, what do you do with your one monk? spam awakening scrolls? he'll just hit your scroller like he does every other turn.  cast 2x awakening every turn and hg as well? good luck getitng enough ap!

Plus, double hg is nice against all those aoe spell builds lately

WIth 2 monks you can have one protect and one sop, and stick your main in front even more easily as well.

Use the mercs on the third row to cast the awakening scrolls. It's stupid to use the front row for scrolls.

Having 2 rows with holy guard is good for AoE but you will be vulnerable to stun combos. Not all AoE builds are pure AoE they also have gunners and cannoneers.

It's just like basket ball you can't have an efficient team composed of all centers, you have to get small guys for guards. It is more efficient if you have balance in your line up.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've seen a couple of double monk builds in my time. They're rather easy with my 3 cannon build. There's nothing you can do when I stun every single merc after 3 turns :)