Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 ranks down ???

ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

Yesterday Mortal Online was ranked 2nd in under development games and today is ranked 10th !!!!!

Something fishy going on here

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
― Terry Pratchett,

Comments

• ProminentProminent Member Posts: 51

Yes, that is very strange. Something is very wrong here ... I really hope MMORPG is a serious site!?

MO had 8.4 yesterday and the other days.

• ZageronZageron Member Posts: 22

A large clump of adversary MMO sites probably banded together and 1/10d MO.

If not, there is probably a 24 hour delay on the rank updates.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

All those jealous gamers just did a great job :)
    I have nothing against not seeing MO in top 7.
    It's even better for it at this time.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Mortal Online's hype rating on this website isn't going to crush every hardcore sandbox gamer's hopes and dreams of Star Vailt releasing a good game..

It's a group of people who want their game to succeed by having everything else fail.. which is pretty dumb.. every success brings more to the genre.  Why would you want a game to fail?  The only reason I can think of is that it would threaten the longevity of another.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Some people just dont underrstand the logic, its great to have competition, its what drives the competitor to be better.

MO seems to be holding a nice fanbase over on their on their official forums. I been following the game since last Nov

and MO's ideas and graphics looks pretty damn good.

However my heart and fanboism is still tied up in FE, but if I need my New MMO Orcish fix, this game is it for me.

It's one thing to enjoy competition.. it's another to want another promising product to fail.. when you have no vested interest in something...

Originally posted by DAS1337

It's one thing to enjoy competition.. it's another to want another promising product to fail.. when you have no vested interest in something...

Hey mods, don't change my posts okay?  Because I didn't type it like that ^^^^^

Anyways.  Again, it looks as if another anti-hype squad has hit MO's meter.  Can't say it wasn't planned.  Considering no new information has been released and it was 8.46 yesterday.  It takes a large amount of people to drop a rating that quickly.

I'd like to know though..  What exactly are you achieving when you do something like this?  Do you honestly believe that by lowering the hype of a game on a website.. that you're going to somehow prevent the company from releasing a good product?  If the game is good, people will play.  If it sucks, they'll play something else.  Pretty huge waste of time IMO.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Hey mods, don't change my posts okay?  Because I didn't type it like that ^^^^^

Anyways.  Again, it looks as if another anti-hype squad has hit MO's meter.  Can't say it wasn't planned.  Considering no new information has been released and it was 8.46 yesterday.  It takes a large amount of people to drop a rating that quickly.

I'd like to know though..  What exactly are you achieving when you do something like this?  Do you honestly believe that by lowering the hype of a game on a website.. that you're going to somehow prevent the company from releasing a good product?  If the game is good, people will play.  If it sucks, they'll play something else.  Pretty huge waste of time IMO.

Well, I think the hype is also related to forum activity and new threads posted. And it is a little dead around here sometimes, in that regard. Could also be that teaser clip of Earthrise which has been released a few days back. (Takes some time for folks to discover that I guess). Anyway, don't mind the hype meter. It will rise to 9ish before launch anyway.

I didn't know forum inactivity had anything to do with it...  People actually have to manually imput their hype for the game.. so I don't know.  If that were the case I could see what you mean.. if not, then people are just being dumb. 

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I can't uderstand why anyone cares about those ratings.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

Something is fishy indeed. It keeps going down, and really fast.

Someone must be voting real hard to bring the hype level down. It usually is never this fast.

• HalfmadHalfmad Mortal Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 83

I wouldn't worry too much about the ratings for MO, it'll sort itself out upon release. At the moment I'm just wondering how Warhammer is keeping itself in the top 3 for released games, travesty if ever there was one.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by altairzq

I can't uderstand why anyone cares about those ratings.

Amen. If I depended on others to tell me which games to play, when to eat, when to breathe...well, I'd be in a very bad spot, lol. But, the sad fact is that most people, as in all other facets of life, need some kind of guidance like that. They need to know that other people like product X to validate their own liking of product X. *shrug*

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez