Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large Wireless Network

KyntorKyntor Member Posts: 280

I need to stretch a wireless network out to where it will reach another house approximately 1500 l.f. away from the base house.  I was thinking about using a range extender on one end and a signal booster on the other.  Will this work?  Do you have any other ideas?  I have to use wireless or I will have to go around a rather large lake.  Thanks for the help.

"Those who dislike things based only on the fact that they are popular are just as shallow and superficial as those who only like them for the same reason."

Comments

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987

Well, you would need a signal booster about half ways to the opposite side.  So it will boost the signal that exra distance. Other than that, I'm not really sure what a good wireless router would be for that because I dont really like wireless.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

A completely wireless connection over that distance is no good.  The best way is to run an access point across to the other home using an ethernet wire.  The access point radiating out a wireless signal.  If you were to do it completely wireless, the latency would be over 300ms and you would have a bit of garbage packages.