Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

recommendation on a motherboard

lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

looking for a new motherboard and was looking for some recommendations on what i should do. im on a budget of $150-$170 bucks. any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

I doubt I can help you pick a board, but here’s some advice.

The most important thing to know is what type of socket your chip is. This will be a major factor in determining price. You also need to look at the type of connector on your power supply. Specifically, do you need SATA and/or IDL connectors for your hard drive, CD/DVD, and other peripherals? These will need to match your board. Finally, the board needs to support the cards you may be using. Cards for sound, video, Ethernet need pci, apg, or pci express slots that also need to match.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

You only need a new motherboard?  What CPU and ram are you matching it to?  Are you upgrading all 3 or just replacing your current mobo?  Usually people want to upgrade their CPU which requires a new mobo which requires new ram.

If there's something wrong with your current mobo you may just need to update the bios and/or drivers.

I get the feeling by motherboard you might mean the whole internals though so need some clarification..

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987

I dont know what kind you're looking for, but I'll rocommend this motherboard to be a good one.  

I have the 780i, but it was out of your price range a little. so this is the 750i

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

looking at replacing mobo, cpu and ram. everything else i can live with.