Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Badger...

Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

or someone playing a while....

How do you set up the interface in classic MMO style?

Like the auto target, mutiple button rows,etc found in games like EQ/EQ2.

I just re-upped my all access for EQ/EQ2, and figured I would play this a bit as well along with VG and MxO.

Heck I might even pick up a copy of the Pirates game heh. Not tht I intend to focus on these games, like EQ/EQ2, but figure why not check out some of their in-game sites. Might find something neat I would of missed out on otherwise.

Anyways any help on doing away with the NGE set up would help. Dont care for the FPS, and thought I read a while back about SOE allowing ya to adjust it.

Thanks for your time.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Comments

• BluekidBluekid Member Posts: 46

All your requests are found in the Options Tab.

Rather than giving you the direct route, have a browse cos there's a lot of cool interface stuff you can turn on /off.

Interface stuff can be found easily as can the row extensions.

I dont have a station pass but the game I would look at is EQ2. Played it and its cool.

Pirates is worth a go but for me it became a bit samey.

I looked at Matrix at launch but bugs ruled at that time, anyone else have any Matrix info?

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

On the SWG forums search for "macros to help new players"

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

There's some guides and info in the sticky at the top of this forum that helps with setting that up :)

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I found the classic interface option this afternoon. It didnt solve everything so did some research for a few.

I was reading on O-brds about the click/auto-attack problem  not being solved yet. Something I couldnt get to work. Heh wonder why? :P

Anyways I got spanked quick like trying to melee a couple of mobs. I started yrs ago on a Pali in EQ, but trying to make a Jedi work in this FPS hybrid isnt going well so far. Spent some time trying to sort bank/about 4 years of vet rewards stuff I didnt get to finish. Ended up logging into MxO for a few, and kung-foo'ed a few bad guys before calling it.

Just woke up a bit ago, and gonna game a little.

ANyways thanks for replies :)

*EDIT*problem with auto attack- mean about the tilde key pulling up radial menu but they suggest you use it to turn on auto attack. End up playing with a couple of buttons rather than left mouse being able to take care of most stuff.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

Did you get rid of the crosshair (from the fps system)?.  I also map a key for "untargetting" and that seems to work as well.  I have autofire on my key.  I"m a lefty so I have all my keys in strange places but it works.    YOu can then cycel through targets using tab and there is an "assist" button in the commands (I use it automatically but I think its actualy called assist) so you can target what the leader of the group is targetting.    Dunno if you found all that stuff out yet or not, but once you get it so that you like where all the keys are it works fine.