Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Empire Total War issues

DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I've had the game crash/freeze twice, both times during a naval battle, once it went straight to desktop and the other time it just froze after I selected the option to board a ship...anyone else having these problems with the naval battles?

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

For Me its Just Retartedly Slow... My God this is Bad.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Creative Assembly always has shitty releases. Anyone remember M2TW before patch 1.2? Diplomacy was broken, and everything just felt like they didnt take their engine all the way. Which i found out was true later when i got into mods and found out how many Territories and settlements they left out. The best thing you can do with CA games is find a mod that finishes where CA left off.

EDIT: i haven't bought it yet, but i plan on it later when i have the money. Bugs or not, if CA doesnt fix it, some no-paid modder will.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319

Yeah I ran into some craziness. Game kept freezing during the end of turn phase. Ended up having to restart campaign -_-. CA announced a patch for next week that's supposed to fix a bunch of issues.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by leinad312

Yeah I ran into some craziness. Game kept freezing during the end of turn phase. Ended up having to restart campaign -_-. CA announced a patch for next week that's supposed to fix a bunch of issues.

That's good...I lag in the large sea battles (Trafalgar slayed my computer) but the land battles have been fine so far...It's also a little annoying how long it takes for the computer players to take their turns in the grand campaign, but I can live with that.

It kinda sucks that I can't play it on ultra high settings and resolutions...this is the first game that i've played where I get framerate issues on my computer, and I've run everything from Supreme Commander to Crysis.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Does anyone knowm a forum where people talk about the game? I am new to it, and seem not to understand a lot of stuff. This flimsy manual is laughable! Where have the days gone with BIG complex manuals like in the Baldurs Gate or Civ2 days. *sigh*

Or maybe someone knows a website which has some explanations about stuff?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Elikal

Does anyone knowm a forum where people talk about the game? I am new to it, and seem not to understand a lot of stuff. This flimsy manual is laughable! Where have the days gone with BIG complex manuals like in the Baldurs Gate or Civ2 days. *sigh*
    Or maybe someone knows a website which has some explanations about stuff?

www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php

They have forums and mods there for the whole TW series.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Been loving the game so far... but I don't get why the FUCK they've chosen to only use one core... my cpu usage is "clinically" on 50%, which means the other core is basically doing nothing.

Haven't had any other issues so far though and I have to say the graphics are GREAT.

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756

Hmm...Aye Total War releases have cases of messing with systems.

In either one of the Medievals or Rome I've actually had someone tell me installing DirectX off the installation corrupted their DirectX. They had to reinstall their operating system.

Not sure if it was the installation or something on their end though.

Originally posted by Jackcolt

Been loving the game so far... but I don't get why the FUCK they've chosen to only use one core... my cpu usage is "clinically" on 50%, which means the other core is basically doing nothing.
    Haven't had any other issues so far though and I have to say the graphics are GREAT.

Probably because of the P4 processor requirement in their scaling. 

According to an Obsidian dev or community rep it's easy to break a single thread enviroment when adding a mult-thread. (Post was on the NWN2 forum on the Bioware boards)

Edit: Meh hit enter incorrectly.  Post is up.

Edit 2: I haven't played it yet though but merely guessing 

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

Hmmm my core affinity showed that Empire was using both cores. At least I think so, as both core checkboxes were checked. Can't comment on cpu usage as I'm not at home right now.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO

• RetroMonsterRetroMonster Member Posts: 288
    Originally posted by Draenor

I've had the game crash/freeze twice, both times during a naval battle, once it went straight to desktop and the other time it just froze after I selected the option to board a ship...anyone else having these problems with the naval battles?

I've had few problems, yet anger filling crashes/freezes.

I wasn't only in a important battle, but I was in a interview with a experienced user. The creator. It was hard to get into his server after that, then he finnally left  I was shocked.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Originally posted by leinad312

Hmmm my core affinity showed that Empire was using both cores. At least I think so, as both core checkboxes were checked. Can't comment on cpu usage as I'm not at home right now.

The core affinity is on both. Both cores are available, but it seems to use only one of them.

This is getting old....It's now crashing in the campaign map with ever greater frequency...even when I'm not that deep into a game and there isn't that much on the screen...I have a beast mode computer, it's not that I'm overworking it.....

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

This is getting old....It's now crashing in the campaign map with ever greater frequency...even when I'm not that deep into a game and there isn't that much on the screen...I have a beast mode computer, it's not that I'm overworking it.....

hows your heating/cooling? I know it prolly isnt the problem, but figured i'd asl.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by tvalentine

hows your heating/cooling? I know it prolly isnt the problem, but figured i'd asl.

It's not a heating problem, I've seen my computer get up to 98 degrees before (I was playing Call of Duty 4 in a very hot room and hadn't done much moving around of wires and crap yet so my comptuer was hotter than hell)  And it's never been anywhere even remotely close to that while playing Total War...

I think that it's a driver issue, apparently Nvidea came out with some new drivers right before the release of the game and they didn't properly test and debug with the new drivers...I'm going to try tweaking some of the graphical settings and see if that helps.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by tvalentine

It's not a heating problem, I've seen my computer get up to 98 degrees before (I was playing Call of Duty 4 in a very hot room and hadn't done much moving around of wires and crap yet so my comptuer was hotter than hell)  And it's never been anywhere even remotely close to that while playing Total War...

I think that it's a driver issue, apparently Nvidea came out with some new drivers right before the release of the game and they didn't properly test and debug with the new drivers...I'm going to try tweaking some of the graphical settings and see if that helps.

So far I haven't had any issues except voice cutting out for a few seconds but..........my computer is weird.

I have:

Asus M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition

3 GB RAM

Plenty of disk space

2 Nvidia 8800 Ultra running in SLI mode

Whenever my computer first comes up and DualCoreCenter launches the gpu is at 660 Mhz and around 2000 mhz for memory. Even if I have the fan speed set at 100 % on my video cards if I launch any game it either looks like a Iron Butterfly acid trip(red colors flashing and glitching) and the game plays OR the game plays and after about 3 minutes it either bluescreens or I get a car alarm from DualCoreCenter saying its overheating and my computer shuts itself down.

If I set my gpu at Cool through DualCoreCenter and its running at 528 Mhz and memory Mhz at 1840 everything runs fine and I get no glitches, reboots, or bluescreens. If I have 2 cards in SLI they run at 82 C with no games running, they go up to about 90 C if I have a game running.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

If you check out the forums at TW Center you'll find the general consensus to be that it's a buggy release. However, apparently Medieval 2 was also very buggy at release. Patches and mods should smooth things out. Unfortunately things aren't looking too good for the Empire modding community, but that's another story...

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO