Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Is No Fail.

ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

Ok so people are sayin that the game is a massive fail. I just played it after getting my pre order yes it took a while. Anyways the game is beyond what i thought of it. I saw the graphics that ppl said sucks and that's just bullshit the graphics wow the graphics looks even cooler with 1st person view.

I have to say the character animations is crap they look so stupid but i don't mind as long as i can play.

The gameplay on the other hand is what i expected and it's awesom. But the melee part is cool but if they would add some combos that you do with slashes it would be awesome cause it looks boring just slashing same hit all the time.

ppl said the game sucks but obviously they never played the game or they're just haters of darkfall. Yaya i have to say ppl who say the game fails are retards what's wrong with the game? ppl said some bad parts about the game that is true such as not being allowed to build houses wherever you want or skills lvl 20+ don't do much difference from when your skill was lvl 10.

So basicly to summ it all up since i write to much and my english fai is. If you judge the game before trying it you fail so hard and will regret it when you play the game and it amazes you. I said this on darkfall forum to try a game before you judge it. No matter what reviews say or what people say try it. This might be your type of game or not. Ppl who played it and says it sucks it's not their type of game.

My type of game is exactly darkfall and i waited long time i wont go back now i wont give up on it after waiting so long.

Comments

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535
    Originally posted by Chimps

Ok so people are sayin that the game is a massive fail. I just played it after getting my pre order yes it took a while. Anyways the game is beyond what i thought of it. I saw the graphics that ppl said sucks and that's just bullshit the graphics wow the graphics looks even cooler with 1st person view.
    I have to say the character animations is crap they look so stupid but i don't mind as long as i can play.
    The gameplay on the other hand is what i expected and it's awesom. But the melee part is cool but if they would add some combos that you do with slashes it would be awesome cause it looks boring just slashing same hit all the time.
    ppl said the game sucks but obviously they never played the game or they're just haters of darkfall. Yaya i have to say ppl who say the game fails are retards what's wrong with the game? ppl said some bad parts about the game that is true such as not being allowed to build houses wherever you want or skills lvl 20+ don't do much difference from when your skill was lvl 10.
    So basicly to summ it all up since i write to much and my english fai is. If you judge the game before trying it you fail so hard and will regret it when you play the game and it amazes you. I said this on darkfall forum to try a game before you judge it. No matter what reviews say or what people say try it. This might be your type of game or not. Ppl who played it and says it sucks it's not their type of game.
    My type of game is exactly darkfall and i waited long time i wont go back now i wont give up on it after waiting so long.

Well fair enough as long as your enjoying and getting your moneys worth. I for one when buying a product and paying above the going rate for game & subs dont want an ameaturish mish mas like DF. 

Can someome enlighten me what the long term pulling factor is ?  Whats the end game? Even the kiddies will get board of this after a few months.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

Who doesnt love a new mmog.  Its the long term that most devs are having trouble with.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

To Beachcomber

You ask for a long term pulling factor and end game. This is so hard for me to understand. Most game dont have a that, example WoW. You level up a char and get epic gear and your done.

And here comes Darkfall, with sandbox playersbased gameplay. With no noob game or endgame...just a game. The players create content and meaning.  You can do the same thing the first day of playing as you can do after two years, if you want. or go and do something else. Its up to you what you want to be your endgame.

• ValetmanValetman Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

Who doesnt love a new mmog.  Its the long term that most devs are having trouble with.

I have to agree.

there is nothing quite like a brand neew game on a brand new server, its the bit most MMO vets look back on the fondest whichever game they play.

Having watched someone playing it though, I must say that although the pvp is certainly 'good enough' for now, I wonder where the improvements the rest of the game sorely needs are going to come from, and more importantly, how quickly .

Its not a game I personally would pay full price for, either intial purchase nor monthly fee, I dont think the game itself or the customer service currently in place can justify that cost, but I can see the initial appeal for those who missed pre trammell UO.

I think if they don't get the ball rolling on the real issues, mob AI, hacks, sync issues that are still there off and on, and some form of trading system to justify being a crafter, then long term even those loving it now may see things a lot differently.

• AlexWolffeAlexWolffe Member Posts: 15

Improved animations aren't hard to implement. It's giving  the models skeletons that is the hardest part.

Animating them is cake. I'm 100% sure Aventurine will release improved animations for the characters once the huge core things are polished up.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Offcorse your happy now you can play good for you but if you just got your game how can you know its awsome from playing a few hours?

I will cya in a few weeks or months and see if you still think this game is awesome hehe.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

Originally posted by daarco

To Beachcomber
    You ask for a long term pulling factor and end game. This is so hard for me to understand. Most game dont have a that, example WoW. You level up a char and get epic gear and your done.

And here comes Darkfall, with sandbox playersbased gameplay. With no noob game or endgame...just a game. The players create content and meaning.  You can do the same thing the first day of playing as you can do after two years, if you want. or go and do something else. Its up to you what you want to be your endgame.

Apart from killing other players what else is there to do ?  I dont mean crafting. You cant create content, your bound by the restrictions the game puts on you.

I played WAR, after a while all the keep takes are the same, its mind numbingly boring, at least WAR has a few pve dungeons, few scenarios to throw in.

• WhitewalkerWhitewalker Member Posts: 86

• TurnellTurnell Member Posts: 239

IN the end 90% of the people who said Darkfall was a failure were people who never played the game. Of course, 90% of the people who said Darkfall was great, also havnt played yet.

IN the end, its an individual decision if Darkfall or any other MMO is good or not. I hope it is, any viable alternative to the current crop is good in my eyes

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Beachcomber

Well fair enough as long as your enjoying and getting your moneys worth. I for one when buying a product and paying above the going rate for game & subs dont want an ameaturish mish mas like DF. 

Can someome enlighten me what the long term pulling factor is ?  Whats the end game? Even the kiddies will get board of this after a few months.

Naval and siege warfare (which really only becomes a major possibility after a few months), and the alliances and enemies that you make along the way to help make the world "unique".

Think of it this way. It's a year into the game and there are 4 guilds that are at War with you. You head out trying to hunt some down for some kills, but one of your guild allies betrays you and kills your entire squad.

Now you're at War with 5 guilds. So in order to get revenge your guild works together to build a naval fleet, since you know your past "ally" whose now your enemy has a harbor bay. One of the original 4 enemies of yours hates your new found enemy more then you do, and decides to lend their aid in the siege, calling a treaty for the time being. You spend 2 weeks gathering up resources, armor, and weapons, getting ready for the siege.

You build up your fleet and the day finally arrives. You and 100 guildies, plus 80 guildies from your new "treatied" guild head into battle, following the oceans south towards the guild's city. You declare a siege on them and the battle ensues for 6 full hours. You come up victorious, get your much thirsted for revenge, and part ways with your new found ally, the guild that you treatied with.

The point I'm trying to say is that you can do anything, and there are no end to possibilities of what alliances you may have, what may happen between those alliance, and the infinite possibilites of conducting sieges, naval battles, and even PvP raiding.

That's your end game for a sandbox MMO, and that's what Darkfall will offer.

Originally posted by Kasmos

Naval and siege warfare (which really only becomes a major possibility after a few months), and the alliances and enemies that you make along the way to help make the world "unique".

Think of it this way. It's a year into the game and there are 4 guilds that are at War with you. You head out trying to hunt some down for some kills, but one of your guild allies betrays you and kills your entire squad.

Now you're at War with 5 guilds. So in order to get revenge your guild works together to build a naval fleet, since you know your past "ally" whose now your enemy has a harbor bay. One of the original 4 enemies of yours hates your new found enemy more then you do, and decides to lend their aid in the siege, calling a treaty for the time being. You spend 2 weeks gathering up resources, armor, and weapons, getting ready for the siege.

You build up your fleet and the day finally arrives. You and 100 guildies, plus 80 guildies from your new "treatied" guild head into battle, following the oceans south towards the guild's city. You declare a siege on them and the battle ensues for 6 full hours. You come up victorious, get your much thirsted for revenge, and part ways with your new found ally, the guild that you treatied with.

The point I'm trying to say is that you can do anything, and there are no end to possibilities of what alliances you may have, what may happen between those alliance, and the infinite possibilites of conducting sieges, naval battles, and even PvP raiding.

That's your end game for a sandbox MMO, and that's what Darkfall will offer.

ok thats quite a good description. If things developed like that it would be a good game. Time will tell i suppose.

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Turnell

IN the end 90% of the people who said Darkfall was a failure were people who never played the game. Of course, 90% of the people who said Darkfall was great, also havnt played yet.

IN the end, its an individual decision if Darkfall or any other MMO is good or not. I hope it is, any viable alternative to the current crop is good in my eyes

watch out, people around here will hunt you down for speaking with logic around here

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381

there's demi-god style mobs that live in hidden lairs thoughout the world, those will be targetted by endgamers for sure.  there's the lore with the 12 'world-stones' that are hidden throughout the world, once brought together they grant access to some place i can't remember the name of, "Garden of the Priestess" or "Halls of the Enchrantress" or something to that effect