Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the differance between factions

What is the differances between the 3 factions? I know the names and I have read the lore (what there is of it) but a friend asked me what faction we should choose when the time comes, and I couldn't really answer him. I mean, is it purely a lore thing? Or is there fundamental differences between them like stats/abilities. Can all factions use all ships, or only their own ones, and is one faction superior in certain skills like Solrain are better at piloting, while Octavian is better at gunnery etc?

I've been reading Jumpgate forums off and on, but I still can't tell my mates what faction we should choose.

Mark E. Cooper
AKA Tohrment
Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
http://www.damnedsouls.eu

Comments

• Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

There are no stats or skills. They each have different ships and a different story, I think it basically comes down to that...They also might use different types of equipment.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

In jumpgate classic there were minor starting benefits.  This game is using the same world as the jumpgate classic but its going to be a completely new game meaning not a sequal or remake.  I doubt there will be any "skill/ability" differences as you put it.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• PrecursorPrecursor Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Originally posted by Ravik

In jumpgate classic there were minor starting benefits.

What were the starting benefits? I can't remember there being any. I do recall quirks in each factions staple fighters but no racial or factional bonuses. Man, Its been a long ass time.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Precursor

What were the starting benefits? I can't remember there being any. I do recall quirks in each factions staple fighters but no racial or factional bonuses. Man, Its been a long ass time.

Might have been a new thing they implemented but when you select your faction it would give you a different amount of cash.  I really doubt they are gonna have huge differences in the game.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

They should tie something into a racial perk that either you have naturally better targeting, technology, reflexes, etc... or make the ships have different strengths and weaknesses against certain factions or weapon types of certain factions etc.. because you want to build a faction system that if you can stay some what equal in population. Because if you don't you will have eventually people just gravitating to one race and then the other users in the other factions will never get anywhere least in the faction style conflicts.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more