Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why gays should not be allowed to get married

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Video explains it at all, it's all so clear now.

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I am an ardent and longtime supporter of gay marriage,

Aslong as both chicks are hot!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• RetroMonsterRetroMonster Member Posts: 288

I shall be no part of things that have to do with gays, religeon or things of that nature. They juststart riots.

EXAMPLE:

One gay guy see's this post and gets angry. What are you going to do?

Religeon starts out to be a riot because all the sudden somebody decides to compare the religeons. 

It's just not right to post these, so continue while I watch stuff happen.

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

Video was hilarious.

That is all.

-

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247
    Originally posted by Vendayn

why religion should not get involved in government...

because they get rid of freedom and choice

Pardon me, but do you remember the USSR?

Do you know the People's Republic of China?

how do you explain that ?

(for the numb minded...no religion is allowed ...period)

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247
    Originally posted by RetroMonster

I shall be no part of things that have to do with gays, religeon or things of that nature. They juststart riots.
    EXAMPLE:
    Religeon starts out to be a riot because all the sudden somebody decides to compare the religeons. 

I know you are young.  And it's GREAT to see you getting involved in the forums...VERY GREAT in fact...

However....

It's communicating and talking about all our differences that PREVENTS riots.  Talking about, discussing...These are GOOD things..

In society today, there is something happening called "Political Correctness" that is stopping everyone from being comfortable sharing their ideas, feelings, and thoughts about life...this is the true enemy of free thinking.

• ThePreventerThePreventer Member Posts: 92

EXAMPLE:

again with you thinking that topics start fights, no they don't its how rude or unrude the people discussing them are. And this is an Off-Topic forum so people post what they want to(note im in a good mood typing this so dont be offended) if someone wanted to talk about child abuse you'd probaly be all for it. but if they post on something less serious you say you have no part in it. (Note, im actually saying the words in my mind monotoned) and no one said you had to reply anyways, i think you just post the "ill have no part in this...) just for the hell of it.(still monotoned) but whatever i dont really care much if people are gay or not, it doesnt really bother me.

imageimage

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I agree, religion should not interfere with the state.  But I also think the state should not interfere with religion unless it does harm to another person.  This for me is the real debate.  How would a gay marriage legislation be written?  Marriage in itself is a name used by religions to signify a long term civil union.  So having legislation that makes Gay Marriage legal could be construed to mean the church has to honor and perform Gay Marriage Ceremonies.

As many Democrats propose, I think this issue should be handled in the eyes of the state as the most basic fundamental of what happens in marriage and call it a civil union.  That being a contract between 2 individuals to share there assets, have the right to adopt depending on the rules of the adoption agency, benefits of having a spouse in the eyes of the state, and the right to make decisions incase there partner is incapable of making them.  I think marriage should be seen the same way by the state and have the symbolic meaning of marriage carried by the individuals and/or church.

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

member of imminst.org

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183

Yeah because of the religion... church believed that god created only two gender male and female...

For me god has a reason why there are gays and lesbians, we should accept the reality but marriage between gays they won't allow it...

*** Atlantica Online***Reanemeiko*** Mycenae

('@') Oink!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OK I personally think gay and lesbian marriage will destroy the very fabric of society and quite possibly the universe itself.  Seriously.  Think about this.  If a guy wishes to marry a guy and a woman wishes to marry a woman, what is next?   Some guy wanting to marry his blow-up doll.   Or what if some guy loves his dog...I mean really loves his dog.    If he wished to marry the dog...why not, you let two guys get married.   See where I am going with this.  Hmmm...it becomes a slippery slope and where will it end.  Cats marrying dogs, lions marrying water buffalo, frogs marrying flies!  OMG this could destroy the very fabric of the known universe!

I was joking...OK...so don't get all freaked out ok.   

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by n25philly

Lol, simple and good.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• celiabaobaoceliabaobao Member Posts: 5

since there are also lots female need marriage

Originally posted by Cleffy

I agree, religion should not interfere with the state.  But I also think the state should not interfere with religion unless it does harm to another person.  This for me is the real debate.  How would a gay marriage legislation be written?  Marriage in itself is a name used by religions to signify a long term civil union.  So having legislation that makes Gay Marriage legal could be construed to mean the church has to honor and perform Gay Marriage Ceremonies.
    As many Democrats propose, I think this issue should be handled in the eyes of the state as the most basic fundamental of what happens in marriage and call it a civil union.  That being a contract between 2 individuals to share there assets, have the right to adopt depending on the rules of the adoption agency, benefits of having a spouse in the eyes of the state, and the right to make decisions incase there partner is incapable of making them.  I think marriage should be seen the same way by the state and have the symbolic meaning of marriage carried by the individuals and/or church.

At least somebody agree's with me and doesn't give me a lecture.

Originally posted by Faxxer

EXAMPLE:

I know you are young.  And it's GREAT to see you getting involved in the forums...VERY GREAT in fact...

However....

It's communicating and talking about all our differences that PREVENTS riots.  Talking about, discussing...These are GOOD things..

In society today, there is something happening called "Political Correctness" that is stopping everyone from being comfortable sharing their ideas, feelings, and thoughts about life...this is the true enemy of free thinking.

Thanks for the compliment and are you very religeous?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Teala

OK I personally think gay and lesbian marriage will destroy the very fabric of society and quite possibly the universe itself.  Seriously.  Think about this.  If a guy wishes to marry a guy and a woman wishes to marry a woman, what is next?   Some guy wanting to marry his blow-up doll.   Or what if some guy loves his dog...I mean really loves his dog.    If he wished to marry the dog...why not, you let two guys get married.   See where I am going with this.  Hmmm...it becomes a slippery slope and where will it end.  Cats marrying dogs, lions marrying water buffalo, frogs marrying flies!  OMG this could destroy the very fabric of the known universe!
    I was joking...OK...so don't get all freaked out ok.   

To be fair, if you can teach a dog to sign a marriage contract, you deserve to marry it.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Sorry, but gays shouldnt be allowed to marry.  Marriage is between a Man and woman.

Originally posted by outfctrl

Sorry, but gays shouldnt be allowed to marry.  Marriage is between a Man and woman.

really? why?

• Litigator_ABLitigator_AB Member Posts: 311

Marriage is a legal contract that binds two people economically.

By not allowing everyone in society to participate in that arrangement, it can be argued that their fundamental rights are being thwarted.

Of course, the US Constitution isn't drafted well, so I don't expect it to provide appropriate remedies for such events.

Hey, you have your views, I have mine.  Progressive liberals are always trying to change things.

In the English common law tradition, from which our legal doctrines and concepts have developed, a marriage is a contract based upon a voluntary private agreement by a man and a woman to become husband and wife. Marriage is viewed as the basis of the family unit and vital to the preservation of morals and civilization.

Traditionally, the husband had a duty to provide a safe house, pay for necessities such as food and clothing, and live in the house.

The wife's obligations were maintaining a home, living in the home, having sexual relations with her husband, and rearing the couple's children.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Hey, you have your views, I have mine.  Progressive liberals are always trying to change things.
    In the English common law tradition, from which our legal doctrines and concepts have developed, a marriage is a contract based upon a voluntary private agreement by a man and a woman to become husband and wife. Marriage is viewed as the basis of the family unit and vital to the preservation of morals and civilization.
    Traditionally, the husband had a duty to provide a safe house, pay for necessities such as food and clothing, and live in the house.
    The wife's obligations were maintaining a home, living in the home, having sexual relations with her husband, and rearing the couple's children.

You are here......................................................................................................... We are here

Middle Age ------- Renaissance ---- French Revolution ---- Industrial Revolution ---- XXI Century

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

Wow, it's a good thing this is still true today!

Oh wait...

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

www.youtube.com/watch

I think this video helps explain it all.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

Originally posted by Scalebane

www.youtube.com/watch

Exactly what I am talking about.  Our great country is becoming corrupt with this way of thinking. Keep the chains locked.

Originally posted by Scalebane

www.youtube.com/watch

Exactly what I am talking about.  Our great country is becoming corrupt with this way of thinking. Keep the chains locked.

You have yet to answer my question as to why gay marriage should not be allowed. Not very surprising  you are a republican after all and asking a typical republican to give a good reason as to why gay marriage should not be allowed is pretty silly as they don't actually have a leg to stand on.

But oh no! The great country of teh americuh can't have gays married! Can you imagine what would happen if we let those filthy gays marry! There will be...like...there is going to be....lik.e..you know....well it's just because, okay!?

But nevermind that, I hope you're enjoying your life as a married man Outfctrl.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

He did give his reason.  You just didn't read it.  He explained how marriage based on old english laws are between a man and a woman.  In the eyes of the state they form the basic structure of the family unit and it is necessary to have a man and woman pair to breed.  Marriage being an institute that rewards individuals for procreation and raising a family in a healthy environment.