Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the mmo i would want to play

neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

a little ole IP known as mechwarrior/battletech, heck even in mech 3 we used the msn rooms to make leagues that used pen and paper systems to take planets and systems ect, and the games online combat itself to decide the fights.  an actual mechwarrior mmo would be simply fantastic, rpg style leveling of your pilot to gain access to new tech and heavier chasis and all that good stuff and pvping for territory, not too mention the potential for crafting!  /nerdgasm

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

The mech warrior / giant robot genre for MMOs has been tossed around several times. It just never really made it. Dont know why. Perhaps too much of a niche market. You may want to consider EvE online, however

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by neorandom

a little ole IP known as mechwarrior/battletech, heck even in mech 3 we used the msn rooms to make leagues that used pen and paper systems to take planets and systems ect, and the games online combat itself to decide the fights.  an actual mechwarrior mmo would be simply fantastic, rpg style leveling of your pilot to gain access to new tech and heavier chasis and all that good stuff and pvping for territory, not too mention the potential for crafting!  /nerdgasm

Myself not really into the whole mech thing, but spotted this website, so only the website, no experiance with the game myself, but might be something for you to look into......

The Force of Arms the Mech-MMORPG

Key Features

- Mech based game system

- One huge world, which will change over time due to terra-forming efforts.

- Dynamic political boundaries

- Cinematic realism

- Sophisticated game play

- 3D tactical combat

- Various levels of technology

- Customizable and player created Mechs

- Solo play is possible

Gameplay

- Using the HERO System for the role-playing aspect and for the combat system.

- Open Skill Based system with no professions or class limitations.

- Using a complex construction system for fighting units.

- Sophistication over “dumbing down”.

- Players will be given the choice of how much detail and sophistication they prefer.

- A game system that will be evolving during its life-span.

- Player created content

- Characters start out as heroes rather than of being an adult with the skills of an infant.

- Dynamic Story Arc that the actions of players have impact, with weekly to monthly episodes.

- Player rankings by reputation, fame and fortune.

- Quarterly epic battles.

Multiplayer Features

- One server cluster that only hardware will limit the number of concurrent players.

- Part of the Multi-verse network

- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) capability

- Text Chat capability

- Group and guild organization

- Flash Browser Supported

- Built-in Web Browser

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141

BattleTech... what an awesome IP it was.

They really need to make a next-gen version of this. Then we could have high-quality mech battles with plenty of LRMs and lasers flying all across the screen.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• wyrmfleshwyrmflesh Member Posts: 7

Mech games of all types need to hit the market again. Ease off all the WW2 shooters and make an awesome mech game pls!

• tjhuskertjhusker Member UncommonPosts: 20

I would love to see a Mech game.  I miss the old school Mech Warrior games