Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Showing your colors or playstyle issues - continued

DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Here we go again this is my thread from FLS forums that got me another months bann lol

Reason - Inciting others to troll, forget the FLS forum rules Danicia still is the forum dictator there & freely applies bans at will so it would seem, no other mod was on.

I mean what is the point of starting any thread if others never troll it.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a minority of players that believe they control the game by playing to their style by intimidating others that play Potbs a different more respectful way.

Ok this may be how it is in modern PvP internet oriented mmorpg's but i wish to point out that in the 1720's naval warfare & even Pirates often played with honor & respect.

Sea battles or combat were usually determined without even a shot being fired by one side lowering their flags or colors as a signal of surrender.

Naturally that would be pretty boring in an Age of Sail game but playing with respect for opponent no matter how stupid they are should be commended. It is this kind of spirit based on pride & chivalry that Potbs sadly lacks & caused many players to leave.

I realise that some will think my views are dated & not worth listenting to but in a player driven game it is the community that mainly determines how the game should be played not FLS; however rules should be applied to all players both impartially & fairly.

How can anyone say this is not correct?

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Well, I finished up my two week trial, and I have to say I did not experience anything like what you describe on either Rackham or Blackbeard.

That is not to say everyone was well behaved. I found it unusual on Rackham France that, once my naval officer joined a Society, another Society continued to approach him and basically lie to him, telling me that everyone in my Society was joining theirs in a "consolidation move". It happened to more than me, and, as one person in my Society said, "Strange, this kind of stuff doesn't happen on Antigua".

So yes, when different player personalities are concerned, different behaviors can occur, but they may not be consistent across servers. Overall, with the exception of a few, I found most players on both Rackham and Blackbeard to be a pretty good bunch. No gank squads, either.

Exactly which server did this go on at?

PS: It was a fun two weeks while it lasted. I greatly enjoyed the economic aspects of the game, having made about 600,000 dblns in a bout two weeks, and never having to stand on the dock and ask who else wants to do "dailies". I also went up quite a few levels on my characters. It gave me quite an appreciation for my time spent last year, when I set up a ship building operation. I found it quite a challenge to do it all again on another server, even though I knew what it should look like.

The gameplay is still the same old, same old. I grew very, very, very annoyed at the constant power leveling/gold farming spam, it was nearly impossible to have a conversation because it came every few seconds. I really can't express how frustrating this was to me.

The avcom redo did not impress me much, and FLS should have saved their money on the redesigned Pointe a Pitre, which felt more like a rat running around a maze to find a piece of cheese. That is not good gameplay, it's just plain retarded.

Overall, if you have a free two weeks coming, give it a try again.

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by olddaddy

Well, I finished up my two week trial, and I have to say I did not experience anything like what you describe on either Rackham or Blackbeard.
    That is not to say everyone was well behaved. I found it unusual on Rackham France that, once my naval officer joined a Society, another Society continued to approach him and basically lie to him, telling me that everyone in my Society was joining theirs in a "consolidation move". It happened to more than me, and, as one person in my Society said, "Strange, this kind of stuff doesn't happen on Antigua".
    So yes, when different player personalities are concerned, different behaviors can occur, but they may not be consistent across servers. Overall, with the exception of a few, I found most players on both Rackham and Blackbeard to be a pretty good bunch. No gank squads, either.
    Exactly which server did this go on at?
    PS: It was a fun two weeks while it lasted. I greatly enjoyed the economic aspects of the game, having made about 600,000 dblns in a bout two weeks, and never having to stand on the dock and ask who else wants to do "dailies". I also went up quite a few levels on my characters. It gave me quite an appreciation for my time spent last year, when I set up a ship building operation. I found it quite a challenge to do it all again on another server, even though I knew what it should look like.
    The gameplay is still the same old, same old. I grew very, very, very annoyed at the constant power leveling/gold farming spam, it was nearly impossible to have a conversation because it came every few seconds. I really can't express how frustrating this was to me.
    The avcom redo did not impress me much, and FLS should have saved their money on the redesigned Pointe a Pitre, which felt more like a rat running around a maze to find a piece of cheese. That is not good gameplay, it's just plain retarded.
    Overall, if you have a free two weeks coming, give it a try again.

I played Blackbeard a year & then Rackham & did not experience it, as soon as I transfered to Defiant it was rife & it had already spread to Antiqua.

If I try it again it won't be on the later two servers above as a few of their players have such high ego's that everyone else is below their elite standard or not worthy in their minds; they also have openly criticized FLS.

It doesn't bother me as I don't feel threatened by them but I'm sure it can effect the populations & Danacia goes bananas by deleting posts & threads that do not break the forum rules & players land up getting dished out loads of infrations or unnecessarily unfairly banned .

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by DJXeon  
    It doesn't bother me as I don't feel threatened by them but I'm sure it can effect the populations & Danacia goes bananas by deleting posts & threads that do not break the forum rules & players land up getting dished out loads of infrations or unnecessarily unfairly banned .

Ah, yes, Danica. 

Graduated top in her class from Harvard, I'm sure that's why she has the job of forum moderator.

What do you really expect from her?

• BingoBango00BingoBango00 Member Posts: 5

Yah.. right.  Innocent ppl minding their own business willy nilly get in trouble.  Repeatedly.

PS.. what happened to you not posting anymore and how you don't play the game?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2655523#2655523

Originally posted by BingoBango00

Yah.. right.  Innocent ppl minding their own business willy nilly get in trouble.  Repeatedly.

PS.. what happened to you not posting anymore and how you don't play the game?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2655523#2655523

That was my last post on that thread topic, I have always said that I would be back as a forum poster but not as a paying customer for the time being.

Why does it matter anyway?

"GB no doubt will spend all the time in the world in the skirmish system, trying to figure out why his rteam just left him in the middle of a pb . "  WRONG I have little interest in Skirmish but i hope it is successful for the sake of Potbs, my personal view is that it may distract from RvR & will not be used that much but I may be underestimating the amount of people that want risk free PvP.

My message to chummie & pete - keep it up guys & see you in a month again. 

Potbs needs players like you driving PvP but it also needs all the others.

P.S. get Dani to remove my ban, Deake has sent me a message but i can't log in to read it. 

Originally posted by olddaddy

Ah, yes, Danica. 
    Graduated top in her class from Harvard, I'm sure that's why she has the job of forum moderator.
    What do you really expect from her?

I expect her to take more care in forum moderation & not ban people for posting their opinions.

She claims she is only applying the rules but it goes way beyond that & innocent people land up getting banned.

Tbh I don't want anyone to be banned & have NEVER reported others for posting, if others had done the same everything would be fine, If a few don't like me to post its best not to provoke a reaction but as a subscriber i was paying to post in their forums as it is something I particularly enjoy.

Nothing would please me more than to see a friendly Potbs community that tries to get on; in most cases that is the case but there is the odd notable exception.