Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventurine has done it !!!!!!

blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

They have managed to catapult themselves to the top of the most FUBAR'd launches ever. Never under estimate what poor management can do for ya. These boneheads who call themselves gamers, couldnt even figure out that they should have had an open beta to really stress the servers.

LOL, and you thought I was gonna compliment them. Lets at least hope they can successfully manage the game after they get it running smoothly........with the amount of players they boasted, in game.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
Games being watched:  Project Genom
Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

Comments

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by blutigfaust
    couldnt even figure out that they should have had an open beta to really stress the servers.

Yep, and a couple months ago Tasos was telling us that everyone would be able to try out the game before buying...

Lets at least hope they can successfully manage the game after they get it running smoothly........with the amount of players they boasted, in game.

Agreed.
  • Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

In before the fanbot wave crying that the launch doesn't matter, that the game is the best thing since sliced bread and that you're a troll.

• jjcbonejjcbone Member Posts: 9

Since everyone considers DF released !! (Sig) 

I wish I knew where I could go BUY it and try it out -- lol - lmas

sarcasm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I here from some buddies of mine who are In playing - since there aren't of alot of players IN the game that there is a shit load of Macro'ing going on - loading up on gold and armor etc...

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by jjcbone

Also I here from some buddies of mine who are In playing - since there aren't of alot of players IN the game that there is a shit load of Macro'ing going on - loading up on gold and armor etc...

And those few will kill the game.

By the time Aventurine gets their act together (if ever), these macro'ers / exploiters will have gathered all they need and by the time the majority of the gamers actually manage to get in and play, they will be griefed to death by these fully geared, rich and high skilled up players, till they get fed up and drop the game.

I really hope for their sake that Aventurine manages to address the exploits and cheaters, ban them and remove all their data from the server.

And if not.... well then I hope they gonna launch a new server a.s.a.p. for all the locked out players to get a fair fresh start after all.

• jjcbonejjcbone Member Posts: 9

+1 couldn't agree MORE !!!!!!!!!

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

By the time Aventurine gets their act together (if ever), these macro'ers / exploiters will have gathered all they need and by the time the majority of the gamers actually manage to get in and play, they will be griefed to death by these fully geared, rich and high skilled up players, till they get fed up and drop the game.

I really hope for their sake that Aventurine manages to address the exploits and cheaters, ban them and remove all their data from the server.

And if not.... well then I hope they gonna launch a new server a.s.a.p. for all the locked out players to get a fair fresh start after all.

with the current track record, I don't think I'd count on it.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317

FB will defend the game to the death because they found the game where they can do that without beeing banished. It's a giant arena for pk, gankers, macro'ers, exploiters, griefers and ninjas .  No more no less. It's not for serious PVPers.  (For HCG PVP who canceled their accounts immediatly,i t's a disaster.( They're not carebears, they are members of PK/FFA PVP guilds but explained DFO is the worst game they played. ) A real piece of crap. And I can trust these guys because they are looking for years for a PVP/PK/FFA/sandbox game. They buy and try all PVP games on the market. Played AOC 1 month, they couldn't play DFO more because of bugs, awfull lag, awfull design, awfull music, awfull UI, queuing, desynchro, macro'ers, ninjas, and exploiters. )

As pvpers we have nothing to play: DAOC is old , War is a wow clone, AOC failed... Maybe EvE or POTBS?  

Thx to these guys i'm sure now DFO won't be for me and i'm proud of it.

• 123123456202123123456202 Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Raston

Originally posted by Guillermo197

with the current track record, I don't think I'd count on it.

the only differnce in this game about macroing is if someone saw you doing it they could kill you easily.

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

My response was for the new server statement rather than the macroing.  I fully expected macros and exploits in this game and am not shocked in the slightest they are used.

FFA PvP games tend to attract 2 primary groups of people, those who enjoy the concept of fighting against an intelligent foe (why I always like PvP) and those who will cheat, gank, exploit and anything else to prove they pwn.  Unfortunately that latter group, while not a majority of PvPers out there, will ruin the game for the others.

• Darkstar111Darkstar111 Member Posts: 675

They have managed to catapult themselves to the top of the most FUBAR'd launches ever. Never under estimate what poor management can do for ya. These boneheads who call themselves gamers, couldnt even figure out that they should have had an open beta to really stress the servers.
    LOL, and you thought I was gonna compliment them. Lets at least hope they can successfully manage the game after they get it running smoothly........with the amount of players they boasted, in game.

We all knew the release would be a mess, I certainly made no secret of it.

Thats over now, two days was all it took.

Right now Im playing hands down the best MMO currently on the market.

-Darkstar

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

they bring out the worst side out of peoples am afraid , it's sad really .

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Darkstar111

We all knew the release would be a mess, I certainly made no secret of it.

Thats over now, two days was all it took.

-Darkstar

We knew it would be a mess because of how AV was managing it, refused to listen to veteran players, and refused to communicate completely...no other reason. 

Today is the 28th and its still not able to accept new players, and those playing are still having issues, so I wouldnt say its over yet..... 2 days?......I think your math is in need of refreshing....

while I agree it probably is best on market ...for now....you are one of the "Select Few" who can play it...so it's actually still not available

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

My response was for the new server statement rather than the macroing.  I fully expected macros and exploits in this game and am not shocked in the slightest they are used.
    FFA PvP games tend to attract 2 primary groups of people, those who enjoy the concept of fighting against an intelligent foe (why I always like PvP) and those who will cheat, gank, exploit and anything else to prove they pwn.  Unfortunately that latter group, while not a majority of PvPers out there, will ruin the game for the others.

True dat

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by ougarit

As pvpers we have nothing to play: DAOC is old , War is a wow clone, AOC failed... Maybe EvE or POTBS?  

Quit suggesting EVE, it's boring.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Originally posted by Gemma

Originally posted by ougarit

Quit suggesting EVE, it's boring.

And PotBS is barely alive.

• MaughannMaughann Member Posts: 139

Sadly, this is true.  It also creates a reputation for the PvP crowd as a whole and puts off anyone trying a PvP game for the first time.

Now the servers are up and things are getting bedded in, the biggest threat to the success of Darkfall are the lower elements of the game's community.

I predict that I will be called a carebear/troll/fanboi etc and will be told to go back to WoW very soon and those people doing so will only reinforce my point.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Never before have I seen people who supposedly hate something dedicate so much time to it.

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328
    Originally posted by Lydon

Never before have I seen people who supposedly hate something dedicate so much time to it.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

shouldn't you all be getting ready to hate on the next mmorpg about to release, i mean thats all you guys do here.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by ronan32

shouldn't you all be getting ready to hate on the next mmorpg about to release, i mean thats all you guys do here.

I almost have to agree with this comment, even if i don't like it

It has become a haven for gamers who enjoy nothing and therefore think no one else should either.

I wonder how many of them are SWG pre-CU vets who literally have nothing left in life

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by ronan32

Sad as hell aint it? People need to get over it already and let AV do what they need to do. Okay, so not everyone can buy it yet, cool, whatever - we'll get it when we get it, and we'll get in when we get in. I'm looking forward to it - I'm part of that type of niche, so regardless of what people say I'm gonna play it. DF is a game where you already know if you'll love it or not - period. I doubt these fools on this site change very many minds, or even the slightest bit at all, because like I said: As experienced/seasoned gamers, you know your poison already and no one can change that.

Chill out already, beause your trolling is ineffective on true gaming connoisseurs.

Isaiah 41:10
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

-Darkstar

Really? When did you start playing EVE? I thought you were playing Darkfall. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

-Darkstar

I tried Eve, right click on target, select Orbit, select attack.

That kinda killed it for me.

-Darkstar

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Darkstar111 Right now Im playing hands down the best MMO currently on the market.-Darkstar

I tried Eve, right click on target, select Orbit, select attack.

That kinda killed it for me.

-Darkstar

Yea, EVE seemed absolutely amazing. I love space, I love pvp, I love risk vs reward pvp, I love the fact that they are so hardcore that the devs encourage scamming... I should have been a PERFECT match for EVE, but every time I tried I just couldn't get into it. I don't know why.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

Lets break this up:

We knew it would be a mess because of how AV was managing it, refused to listen to veteran players, and refused to communicate completely...no other reason. 
    Wrong. We knew it would be a mess because all MMOs are at launch, and those with alot of money manage to get by by basically throwing money at the problem, by hiring more people for launch, and then settling for a live team once the launch is in place. Thats all, all in all there has been worse launches. 
    Today is the 28th and its still not able to accept new players,
    Because there is only one server, and as soon as more servers are made available more players will get to join, which should be monday next week. That is fine as once again this is a money issue, but also u have to applaud AV for taking such a sober approach to this, and seeing the mess they had at launch it was a good choice.
    and those playing are still having issues,
    Absolutely wrong. The game is running fine now.
    so I wouldnt say its over yet..... 2 days?......I think your math is in need of refreshing....
    Its over, now the game is good.

while I agree it probably is best on market ...for now....you are one of the "Select Few" who can play it...so it's actually still not available
    I see ur point here, but techincally its on the market, thou supply is not keeping up with demand atm.
    In a week this should be nothing but a bad memory. 

-Darkstar