Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone with a high end rig (max'd settings) taken some screens yet?

Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Please post them if so. I'd like to see some vistas and landscape.

Servers are up, right?

Comments

• celee2222celee2222 Member Posts: 123

If people could log in to actually play the might

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

People have though. I'd love to see some max settings pics. I have a new rig and want to know how she looks.

• NewBoi2009NewBoi2009 Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by celee2222

Im guessing you have not read anything on this forum, in which case you should not even reply to anyone coz your an idiot - Heaps of people are playing

Im not sure about screenshots yet etc but theres a nice video on youtube, it doesnt have screenies but its a good video of the environment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zbClRYgXeM

Hope that helps

Originally posted by NewBoi2009

Originally posted by celee2222

Im guessing you have not read anything on this forum, in which case you should not even reply to anyone coz your an idiot - Heaps of people are playing

Im not sure about screenshots yet etc but theres a nice video on youtube, it doesnt have screenies but its a good video of the environment

Hope that helps

Neat, good video. The song was so trancy..

I'd still like to see some nice stills though.

I noticed the wateredge is lacking, with LOTRO, I use Direct X 10 makes major difference in shadows and water.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Hope that helps

Thanks for posting this, I've also been waiting for some high res shots.

The environment is gorgeous. Swaying trees, awesome shadows,... The graphics are at the top of the current mmorpgs, a little lower than AoC, but better than the 98% of the games. This with no instances in a huge open world....

Avatars and animations still need some work though.

Your video has convinced me, I am going to get the game now (if I can lol).

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381

is that a feb 2nd video?  not a post release on full graphics but still good

Originally posted by BigMango

Hope that helps

Thanks for posting this, I've also been waiting for some high res shots.

The environment is gorgeous. Swaying trees, awesome shadows,... The graphics are are to top of the current mmorpgs, a little lower than AoC, but better than the other 98% of the games.

Avatars and animations still need some work though.

Your video has convinced me, I am going to get the game now (if I can lol).

LOTRO is gorgeous. Just so you know, it beats DF so far as I've seen. Right click -> view image to see full screen.

Originally posted by Die_Scream

LOTRO is gorgeous. Just so you know, it beats DF so far as I've seen. Right click -> view image to see full screen.

Yes I know, I haven't said it was better or worse than lotro. I am also playing lotro

I think lotro and DF are on the same level after what I have seen in this video. DF is a welcome addition, with some "mature" (as opposed to cartoon) graphics.

• AnsgarIsenAnsgarIsen Member Posts: 118

LoTRO indeed has great gfx, especially with DX10 activated. It beats DF in overall quality, but that's uunderstandable, as there is no need for large scale PvP with the added strain of fps like combat.

However, the DF gfx in real game motion are far better than they're told to be. The style is very much different from LoTRO for expample and the world sure is a piece of art. LotRO's world by it's style is liek a painting, DF is different and hard to explain, as it isn't "realistic" either. What is really well made is the shadowing, at least on my gfx card.

Character models and animation are a bit inferior, but I found out I don't see that any more after 5 minutes of gameplay. In combat, you have far too much to take care of to actually see your animations.

Yes I know, I haven't said it was better or worse than lotro. I am also playing lotro

I think lotro and DF are on the same level after what I have seen in this video. DF is a welcome addition, with some "mature" (as opposed to cartoon) graphics.

I'm using DX10 on LOTRO anti-aliasing and it is the best looking MMO of all time IMO. Hell, i beast most single player games.

• AnsgarIsenAnsgarIsen Member Posts: 118

I'm using DX10 on LOTRO anti-aliasing and it is the best looking MMO of all time IMO. Hell, i beast most single player games.

As I said before, I agree that LoTRO gfx are great in their own style, but stating it's the best looking MMO is a bit of a far fetch. AoC has far better gfx quality without dx10 already. With dx 10 on, it blows everything out of the water, no doubt and no matter the preferred style, if we're talking quality only. - and I'm not talking overall game quality here, just gfx.

I also always play all of my games at max settings. Art and design is a personal taste of course, but to me AoC is one level higher (the downside to this is of course the fully instanced world ). This doesn't make lotro any less gorgeous though.

Originally posted by AnsgarIsen

As I said before, I agree that LoTRO gfx are great in their own style, but stating it's the best looking MMO is a bit of a far fetch. AoC has far better gfx quality without dx10 already. With dx 10 on, it blows everything out of the water, no doubt and no matter the preferred style, if we're talking quality only. - and I'm not talking overall game quality here, just gfx.

Really, you think DX9 AoC looks better? I imagine with DX10 it is pretty (haven't been in  game a long time).

Better than LOTRO though..really?

Oops, back to DF, nothing I have seen from DF could compare to AoC, Lotro or even VG so far. I hope 'm wrong and my videos are just crap.

Oops, back to DF, nothing I have seen from DF could compare to AoC, Lotro or even VG so far. I hope 'm wrong and my videos are just crap.

Whaaa... ok you can compare DF with AoC and Lotro.... but VG ???

VG doesn't even have object shadows. Trees and avatars have shadows, but no object in the world (buildings, hills, rocks, fences, light sources in inside areas, etc...) nothing has a shadow. This is one of the reasons I couldn't play this game. VG graphics are great at night, but when the sun is high it looks so fake with no shadows. Even today every time I look at VG daylight screenshots my stomach starts itching, the lack of shadows is so in your face.

And then the over done and shiny plastic looking bump mapping everywhere...

And I am not even talking about the lack of water reflections...

Add to that the gimpy looking avatars with their barbie doll spoon in your a** looking animations. Have you seen that gimpy barbie doll jumping animation? I mean, what is that?

But I agree that if - after 2 years now? - the VG engine was actually finished it would be a serious contender.

Until then, if ever, we can talk DF, AoC and lotro, yes.

Whaaa... ok you can compare DF with AoC and Lotro.... but VG ???

VG doesn't even have object shadows. Trees and avatars have shadows, but no object in the world (buildings, hills, rocks, fences, light sources in inside areas, etc...) nothing has a shadow. This is one of the reasons I couldn't play this game. VG graphics are great at night, but when the sun is high it looks so fake with no shadows. Even today every time I look at VG daylight screenshots my stomach starts itching, the lack of shadows is so in your face.

And then the over done and shiny plastic looking bump mapping everywhere...

And I am not even talking about the lack of water reflections...

Add to that the gimpy looking avatars with their barbie doll spoon in your a** looking animations. Have you seen that gimpy barbie doll jumping animation? I mean, what is that?

But I agree that if - after 2 years now? - the VG engine was actually finished it would be a serious contender.

Until then, if ever, we can talk DF, AoC and lotro, yes.

Hehe, I can't argue the shadow issue.

No MMO I have ever played has made me stop after cresting a hill and just stop and say 'whoa' like LOTRO though. With DX10 and the tree shadows and water glistening and the birds flying by...Sweet. Needs fishing though.

DF though, like most new MMOs (specially indy titles) can't compete I suppose.

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

I wish I could supply a DF screenshot or two, but sadly I can't buy the game yet.

So ... heres a shot of LotRO, AoC, and VG .

Awesome Rebn77, nice cross game vista there.

Your last VG shot looks like a kid in a field. Of the three, LOTRO wins IMO.

EDIT: Haha, I'd love to see some high-settings DF pics..

The "kid in a field" is my Halfling Druid. I didn't really have a VG screen that matched the AoC and LotRO shots (Toon facing towards, with buildings / NPCs in the background).

I can't really say I enjoy one games visuals over the others, as they each have their own style.

• TurnzickTurnzick Member Posts: 35

So tell me.. why the fuck are you talking about LOTRO and AoC graphics on the DF board? Go to some hello kitty irc channel.

Trolling is ok, but something completely unrelevent to DF is just waste. Why would a LOTRO player even be on this board anyways?

Originally posted by Hegav

So tell me.. why the fuck are you talking about LOTRO and AoC graphics on the DF board? Go to some hello kitty irc channel.
    Trolling is ok, but something completely unrelevent to DF is just waste. Why would a LOTRO player even be on this board anyways?

Some of us can appreciate a good game, even if it doesn't include full loot pvp. Quit stereotyping, and take the blinders off ... you're missing some good things.

Why do all the new DF posters use the F-bomb constantly? Use to be you couldn't swear like a sailor here.

Mods must be overloaded.

Most of them have under 50 posts too.

Originally posted by Rebn77

Some of us can appreciate a good game, even if it doesn't include full loot pvp. Quit stereotyping, and take the blinders off ... you're missing some good things.

Good for you. Do it in the proper forum.

Why do all the new DF posters use the F-bomb constantly? Use to be you couldn't swear like a sailor here.
    Mods must be overloaded.

Some of us just lurks around once in awhile checking up on MMORPGs we used to play.

Other than that, I have written nothing but skeptism/vaporware @DF ;and Aventurine, quick post history would reviel this.

Mods must be overloaded.

Some of us just lurks around once in awhile checking up on MMORPGs we used to play.

Other than that, I have written nothing but skeptism/vaporware @DF ;and Aventurine, quick post history would reviel this.

If you could provide some nice screens once you can log in, it would be great to compare them to the others earlier. High settings and stuff.

• SocratusSocratus Member Posts: 19

Lol...

LOTRO is the most carebearish, soft as fuck game ever. I hope DF never grows to resemble it at all