Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shield Impact

sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Do you think eve will ever have the graphic that allow missles and weapons to impact the shields before the hit the hull. all the shields seem to do is add to armor...

Comments

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

That’s a great Idea, but there are so many other graphics for shield rechargers, Nos, target painters and the like that I'm not sure if it could be integrated.

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by sanedor

Do you think eve will ever have the graphic that allow missles and weapons to impact the shields before the hit the hull. all the shields seem to do is add to armor...

1.check test server

3.Profit!

• mk11232mk11232 Member Posts: 217

Wait for the new patch. CCP is adding a great overhaul to the graphics department that it will change the entire look of the game.

But I think they should first make it where the drones fly out of ships in a little bay and fly back into them when launching.

/ Gallante drone expert

// Missiles are for those unfortunate enough to NOT have drones

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by sanedor

Such changes are on the way soon.

Log onto the test server tho for a preview.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

New gfx effects are failure as well as T3 cruisers.

After QR, another crapy patch. I assume after walking in station something worthy might come out, until then...

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Gdemami

After QR, another crapy patch. I assume after walking in station something worthy might come out, until then...

What preciesly are you smoking? The new textures/graphical effects are amazing and T3 ships, while a little odd, are great. Completely ignoring the whole  true exploration patch which personally is what some people have been dieing to see added to  the game. Someone just ticked because they're running a Voodoo3 and can't see the pretty colors?

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Well thats your opinion sir, mine is Eve is freaking spectacular and this Xpac is a massive achievement.

W-space, new story arc mechanic, t3, Npe, Fitting screen, particle revamp, probe revamp, new Sleeper AI.

I could go on its going to be pure Win.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Kordesh
    can't see the pretty colors?

Some people prefer quality to 'pretty colors'...

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Personally, I could care less about WIS. I hope it brings people to the game, but as for me, EVE isn't played in a station.

I am looking forward to another free upgrade tho 

Originally posted by qazyman
    Personally, I could care less about WIS. I hope it brings people to the game, but as for me, EVE isn't played in a station.

The point is, once you make the game more 'open', there is no way back then. It is the playerbase that shapes the game and with recent and planned changes, you can figure out what kind of players are the changes focused at...

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Kordesh

can't see the pretty colors?

Some people prefer quality to 'pretty colors'...

And what specifically about the new graphics effects are pure failure? Is it the part where the game runs smoother than ever with the engine optimizations or the part where the effects look 100x better than the old ones?

Please clarify.

Originally posted by Minsc
    And what specifically about the new graphics effects are pure failure? Is it the part where the game runs smoother than ever with the engine optimizations or the part where the effects look 100x better than the old ones?
    Please clarify.

Weapon effects are ok as well as tank effects. Those I would consider 2009 gfx compliant.
    Gate warp, sensor booster and webber are exactly the same effects. Same applies for e-war. Why?
    Totaly gimped warp effect that was changed countless times.

It shows again how less and less finished and more and more buggy the release on Sisi arrives. How long did they spend on this?

Regarding performance, I can't say since I run EvE smooth 1920*1200 with max details.

Better? Dunno...colorful? Definately.

Note: The quote is not that much about colors itself, it's about the patch as a whole.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by Minsc

Please clarify.

Weapon effects are ok as well as tank effects. Those I would consider 2009 gfx compliant.

Gate warp, sensor booster and webber are exactly the same effects. Same applies for e-war. Why?

Totaly gimped warp effect that was changed countless times.

It shows again how less and less finished and more and more buggy the release on Sisi arrives. How long did they spend on this?

Regarding performance, I can't say since I run EvE smooth 1920*1200 with max details.

Better? Dunno...colorful? Definately.

Note: The quote is not that much about colors itself, it's about the patch as a whole.

Am I the only one that liked the original particle effects?

All I wanted CCP to do was add effects to fittings that had none like Salvager rays and stuff like that.

I like the warping effects and even liked the way asteroids looked.

I'll get used to the new effects, certain ones I even like over the old but I would of prefered CCP to take the resources from the particle effects and add them to make more mission arcs or design a thousand more W-space systems.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• darkraptordarkraptor Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Well thats your opinion sir, mine is Eve is freaking spectacular and this Xpac is a massive achievement.

W-space, new story arc mechanic, t3, Npe, Fitting screen, particle revamp, probe revamp, new Sleeper AI.

I could go on its going to be pure Win.

Yep.

Most people playing the game (to each their own of course) realize that this next patch means a lot for the game. And by a lot, that's an understatement. It creates the ability for corps to plant the seeds of new space to be conquered all by their lonesome, among other things.

/rant

• MalthrosMalthros Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by qazyman

The point is, once you make the game more 'open', there is no way back then. It is the playerbase that shapes the game and with recent and planned changes, you can figure out what kind of players are the changes focused at...

Yeah how dare they add lawless systems with delayed local, NPCs that are a challenge...etc?

Did you cry when they 'nerfed' the 8 heavy drone thorax?

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

@Gdemami

4 posts and you haven't really said what is wrong with the expansion other than the generic "failure" and you want new EW graphics effects.

Why don't you actually try and put together a list of what is wrong with the expansion and what would make it better for you ? Though it's probably pretty hard for you to actually use your brain to come up with a complete thought rather than generic grade school shit.

Originally posted by Lordmonkus
    @Gdemami
    4 posts and you haven't really said what is wrong with the expansion other than the generic "failure" and you want new EW graphics effects.
    Why don't you actually try and put together a list of what is wrong with the expansion and what would make it better for you ? Though it's probably pretty hard for you to actually use your brain to come up with a complete thought rather than generic grade school shit.

Why don't you actually try and put together thoughtfull post rather than generic grade school shit?

The main failure is the state and quality the changes are introduced to the game. They even had to spilt expansion and release the features in several smaller updates.

However, the biggest change in Apocrypha patch is the wormholes. That means, 9th March will be the last day of seamless EvE universe. Is it a good move for PvP game? No, not really...

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

@Gdemami

Why don't you actually try and put together thoughtfull post rather than generic grade school shit?

The main failure is the state and quality the changes are introduced to the game. They even had to spilt expansion and release the features in several smaller updates.

However, the biggest change in Apocrypha patch is the wormholes. That means, 9th March will be the last day of seamless EvE universe. Is it a good move for PvP game? No, not really...

do explain yourself a bit clearer...because i am looking at the features, and whats not to like?

Wormholes

Appearing randomly throughout New Eden, these gateways to the unknown open up access to thousands of new solar systems, new technology, new resources and deadly new enemies. With the news scanning mechanics, you’ll eventually find these

This is bad how? Thousands of new solar systems to explore....an explorer's wet dream

Tech 3 cruisers

Appearing randomly throughout New Eden, these gateways to the unknown open up access to thousands of new solar systems, new technology, new resources and deadly new enemies. With the news scanning mechanics, you’ll eventually find these

Short of painting your own ship, this provides thousands of combinations to customize your ship

Tech 3 production and enigineering

Pillage wrecks of Ancient race ships, salvage relics of ancient technology. New Experimental Laboratories allow you to reverse engineer the relics to build the blueprints for manufacturing Tech 3 components.

damn thos crafters! /scratches head...nope another good thing

New Player Experience

Pillage wrecks of Ancient race ships, salvage relics of ancient technology. New Experimental Laboratories allow you to reverse engineer the relics to build the blueprints for manufacturing Tech 3 components.

Nothing wrong with enticing new players.

Epic Mission Arc

Spanning multiple regions of space, this all new mission arc will take players on a journey through all four empires, starting at character creation. As the story progresses and the rewards grow more enticing, pilots will be faced with the decision of which side to fight for in the final battle.

Some new pve and storyline....how can you not like it?

Attribute Respec

Character attribute distribution can now be rearranged in order to diversify or specialize skill training.

I <3 CCP

New NPCs and Improved AI

The Sleepers lay in waiting beyond the wormholes, guarding resources and technologies considered to be of significant power and value back in known space. They will not give up their treasures easily, as they are masters of teamwork and maneuvering. Expect an enemy that works as a team, identifies your weaknesses and protects its own.

Nothing but pure WIN!!!!!

24-hour skill queu

The Sleepers lay in waiting beyond the wormholes, guarding resources and technologies considered to be of significant power and value back in known space. They will not give up their treasures easily, as they are masters of teamwork and maneuvering. Expect an enemy that works as a team, identifies your weaknesses and protects its own.

Thank God, no more waking up at 4am to set a skill.....

New Fitting Tools

Completely redone for usability, the new fitting screen offers several tools for new pilots and veterans alike. Players can now import and export their ship configurations. Saved configurations can be shared with other players or simply used to quickly equip a new ship. Suggested configurations are also available at NPC corporations for those looking for some quick advice on fittings.

Little awkward at first, but makes it much easier, and you can save loadouts wooohooo!

Export UI and Loadouts

There is no shortage of customization in EVE, from overview settings to ship fittings. Now players can export their favorite settings, catalog them for easy reference and share them amongst corp mates.

Thank God, now i can show people how i loadout my ships for different situations, was tired of having to keep typing it

New Graphics

There is no shortage of customization in EVE, from overview settings to ship fittings. Now players can export their favorite settings, catalog them for easy reference and share them amongst corp mates.

Eye Candy always welcomed

New Sounds

Ear candy as well

Premium Graphics for Mac

Graphics take a leap forward for Mac Users! The beauty of Trinity engine graphics shines through in the Apocrypha release of the Mac client.

Mac lovers rejoice!

Premium Lite Graphics

Our Classic client has been retired to make way for Premium Lite, bringing higher quality graphics to users with lower end PCs.

Win again....

Russian Localization

EVE Online now boasts complete language support ingame, new Russian knowledge base, and expanded customer support team for our Russian players.

Gespatcho for all!

Originally posted by miagisan

do explain yourself a bit clearer...because i am looking at the features, and whats not to like?
    Wormholes

Wormholes are instances. EvE world was persistent and seamless until now. It is solo/pure PvE content at it's best.

Tech 3 cruisers

T3 cruisers as introdued now are unbalanced, uncomplete, with so many issues, they won't release them with all subsystems at once. I don't think CCP got any further concept apart from 'that would be cool'. Prety much same as blackops, marauders, jump freighters e-war frigs...

Short of painting your own ship, this provides thousands of combinations to customize your ship

God, I hope not...

Epic Mission Arc

Because is(was) foremost PvP game?

Attribute Respec

God, no...silly.

New NPCs and Improved AI

Lol? You can't be serious on that one. Don't take shit CCP feed you with that AI will be like pew pew...NPC are thougher, not smarter.

24-hour skill queu

The only issue is that the skill que is pretty much unlimited now and I don't see it changes...stupid.
    Unneeded feature.

New Fitting Tools
    Export UI and Loadouts
    New Graphics

Hm...ok, so what?
    I guess they could spend time better on other issues far more important than eye candy amd cool features release...

New Sounds
    Ear candy as well

Except ear candy is utterly bugged and does not work on most of the machines...

Premium Graphics for Mac
    Mac lovers rejoice!

Good one.

Premium Lite Graphics
    Win again....

Depends. Read up forums what current classic users think about it. Times changes though...

Russian Localization
    Gespatcho for all!

Gazpacho is a spanish soup.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Wormholes

Wormholes are instances. EvE world was persistent and seamless until now. It is solo/pure PvE content at it's best.

Tech 3 cruisers

T3 cruisers as introdued now are unbalanced, uncomplete, with so many issues, they won't release them with all subsystems at once. I don't think CCP got any further concept apart from 'that would be cool'. Prety much same as blackops, marauders, jump freighters e-war frigs...

God, I hope not...

Epic Mission Arc

Because is(was) foremost PvP game?

Attribute Respec

God, no...silly.

New NPCs and Improved AI

Lol? You can't be serious on that one. Don't take shit CCP feed you with that AI will be like pew pew...NPC are thougher, not smarter.

24-hour skill queu

The only issue is that the skill que is pretty much unlimited now and I don't see it changes...stupid.

Unneeded feature.

New Fitting Tools

Export UI and Loadouts

New Graphics

Hm...ok, so what?

I guess they could spend time better on other issues far more important than eye candy amd cool features release...

New Sounds

Ear candy as well

Except ear candy is utterly bugged and does not work on most of the machines...

Premium Graphics for Mac

Mac lovers rejoice!

Good one.

Premium Lite Graphics

Win again....

Depends. Read up forums what current classic users think about it. Times changes though...

Russian Localization

Gespatcho for all!

Gazpacho is a spanish soup.

lol all you did was answer the opposite of what i said...now why dont you give us a real reason you dont like these. Please point out the negatives for the playerbase. And yes, the DEVS said that the AI will be MUCH smarter, no longer just tank and spank.

@Gdemami

Are you seriously for real ?

I have put together thoughtful posts. I haven't seen you do it yet though.

Eves expansions have always been implemented in stages, nothing new here and it's always worked. So tell me why this is failure ?

Wormholes being the end of Eve as a seamless universe. LOL ok now I know you are just a troll and I will ignore you. You either know nothing about the expansion or you just want to start shit. My guess would be a lot of both though.

Eves expansions have always been implemented in stages, nothing new here and it's always worked. So tell me why this is failure ?
    Wormholes being the end of Eve as a seamless universe. LOL ok now I know you are just a troll and I will ignore you. You either know nothing about the expansion or you just want to start shit. My guess would be a lot of both though.

1) Expansions implemented always in stages. Oh realy? You mind naming some?

2) If you do not understand the difference between instanced and seamless world, just don't answer.

EvE suffers of 'risk vs. reward' issue for long time, this is just another nail into coffin.

...the DEVS said that the AI will be MUCH smarter, no longer just tank and spank.

Devs said many things, many of them aren't true... Grow up, people lie.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

2) If you do not understand the difference between instanced and seamless world, just don't answer.

3) if you do not know the difference between instanced and not instanced don't use it in a argument. Wormholes are not instanced, they are persistent areas with variable exit and entry points. They are not created for a specific person/group and exclude all others out side that player/group and hence are not instanced.

1) Expansions implemented always in stages. Oh realy? You mind naming some?

EvE suffers of 'risk vs. reward' issue for long time, this is just another nail into coffin.

Every expansion for Eve that CCP has released has been in stages.

I do understand the difference but apparantly you do not. Eve has never been seamless, this is obvious by the fact that every system has a stargate but Eve will never have instances. No matter where you are in the game another player can enter that area at the same time. Wormhole space will do nothing to change this.

Ok WTF are you talking about Eve suffers of risk vs reward ? The risk vs reward system in Eve works great. Would you rather WoW like risk where you lose nothing ?