Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok I am so sick of the same things happening in EVERY free 2 play game that I happen to play, There

2»

Comments

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

They need to change free to play to free to access.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Go try "Atlantica Online". Its F2P. Im loving it! And I didnt spent a cent...yet.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Originally posted by PatchDay

Um, there is not really one single mmorpg where you can ever sit down and think, "Hey, I am balanced and can compete!"
    In all of them you will always be weaker then a no-lifer (hardcore raider, hardcore player that has no job/family/friends)
    Only one where you would have a fair shot is Guild wars really.

There's also Puzzle Pirates.  If you can't compete, it's because you're not very good at the game, and not because you haven't spent enough time leveling.  A veteran player who starts a brand new account can be about as good on his new account as his old within an hour or so, with only the exception that he won't have the capital to sail his own ship or do a lot of trading.

Never spend a dime on the Dubloons though, I got sucked in buying them for ships etc and I spent over $400 in one month :(

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by sanders01
    Never spend a dime on the Dubloons though, I got sucked in buying them for ships etc and I spent over $400 in one month :(

If you had played on the subscription server, that wouldn't have happened.

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

Perfect World is F2P, I been playing it while waiting for the next big P2P mmorpg.  Not exactly sure how much the CS affects end game as I haven't been playing to long, but the game has good graphics on high and it's fun.

Currently Playing: Toying around with AoC and bored with Darkfall

Thinking of Playing: Fallen Earth or Darkfall after this months update.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Shadowbane is f2p and there isn't any cash shop. there aren't any super powerful weapons either. And you can max out your character in a few days

Originally posted by ghoul31

Shadowbane is f2p and there isn't any cash shop. there aren't any super powerful weapons either. And you can max out your character in a few days

Shadowbane and AO are F2p but both have some type of AD system either in game or on the main site.

Also both games make much less then the regular Cash shop mmos.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I decided Im just going to try AoC. I might as well its the only fantasy game that looks mature and has good visuals that I have not tried yet. I found a copy at a corner gamestore for 19,99 so I might as well go get it and give it a shot. Its what I would probably spend on an unfair crappy F2P game for 1 month anyways. And this way I get 30 days to play AoC for free too.

Originally posted by Calintz333

I decided Im just going to try AoC. I might as well its the only fantasy game that looks mature and has good visuals that I have not tried yet. I found a copy at a corner gamestore for 19,99 so I might as well go get it and give it a shot. Its what I would probably spend on an unfair crappy F2P game for 1 month anyways. And this way I get 30 days to play AoC for free too.

awesome I'm glad you found something to play.

let us know how it turns out.

• deftskulkdeftskulk Member CommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by LoboMau

Go try "Atlantica Online". Its F2P. Im loving it! And I didnt spent a cent...yet.

You'll get to that point and probably stop playing, unless you have a trust fund or something.

I would be Fanatic about Atl if it was on a "pay for software" model like GW.

In my eyes, the item mall is way over priced ($15 for one extra bag.) and some things in there you shouldn't have to pay for in any game.(Exsample: Ability to see your enemy's health.)

The way the game is built, after a point,  the game is so annoying that either you stop playing, spend most of your play time running back and forth, or spend $20-$30 a month (at the very least) .

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

I said this in a similar thread, I simply find F2P games that force the player to buy services in order to compete in the game, unethical, it is a bad business model when implemented that way.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52

I dont agree with the OP. I play a game called Cabal Online which is F2P and ive not spent a dime on that game and im one of the strongest people around my level and im one of the richest too. The Cash Shop is also designed too be luck based on getting some really good items. Usually the stuff they sell in the CS is less than 50mil which in the game is not that much considering i have over 500mil :)

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Between Dragonica, Combat Arms and Florensia I have spent less that $40 total over the past year and I haven't once felt that I needed to spend even that much.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Geez, what is this, return of the dead?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I agree with ya! I don't see why people come in complaining that they can't get anywhere in a F2P game without paying, of course they want money! They need to pay their producers! And then they mad at in-game advertising.

Now, I see you, as myself, spend money in F2P games, I agree that if the game does offer a cash shop it should NOT give something THAT much of an edge.

Personally, I have found one F2P game, Runes of Magic. I may be missing something but they only offer potions, horses, and cosmetic stuff. The other game, isn't really free, but it's called Planet Calypso, which runs on a Real Cash Economy, which means I buy all of my in-game currency, which I hopefully make the investment back hunting. I can successfully maintain competition for 15 dollars a month, paying 20 dollars the first month (you need to get armor and weapons if you hunt, or armor and healing equipment, or mining equipment, or crafting things. It's about 5 bucks for that and, ammunition. the other 15 covers the massive repairs, which are around about 5 bucks, the last 10 is for extra ammo and a secondary profession. That's just me though). You can make money in-game, and if you get 100 of the in-game currency you can cash-out for 10USD (or more, depending on how much of the currency you have, minimum to cash out is 100 though). I find it fair enough.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Geez, what is this, return of the dead?

I love how it's necro here, but on almost any other forum users get straight hostile to those who don't use the search function. I guess you can't do anything here without getting slammed by someone for something.

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

This whole thread is completely 100% stupid.  Of course spending money in a F2P game is going to need to give you a certain advantage.  It is how these games survive.  Company X can't expect a good customer base and their game won't be fun without one so they make it F2P to lure people in.  They still need to MAKE MONEY.  Otherwise what is the point for them and they have to pay for the servers.  

This sounds like a bunch of whining girls crying because F2P games aren't perfect and are unfair to people who don't spend any money.

P.S.  I have yet to find an MMO where I find it necessary to spend money in order to compete.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

The lesson is avoid F2P like the plague, every month we get threads like this, F2P is based on a inherently unfair system.

Often as not you end up forking out more then you would for a subscription game. This is not an issue about companies making a fair return for their investment, it is about companies milking you dry of every spare £$ you have.