Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The testers are all in now, Phase 4 invites and NZone winners and ST winners

NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

yup they are :(.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Comments

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

How do you know they're all in. Last I heard was they were resending alot of invites because of some problems.. did they say something recently?

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

well checking on the forums they all on their posting their HI messages

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746
    This means we are alot closer to open beta now =D Hopefully image

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Well too bad. Didn't make it in again. But like Vakktn said even closer to the Open Beta. Guess I'll have Rome: Total War to keep me busy this weekend. (and hopefully a little longer then that)

---------------------------- Desolation Guild Website ---------------------------
    Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: AO: Alien Invasion
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• Geoff52Geoff52 Member Posts: 13

How do you figue that WoW phase FOUR invites are out when the OFFICIAL WoW site says they JUST started sending out Phase TWO???

If you saw it on the OFFICIAL site either as news or as a post by Blizzard personnel it's one thing. Otherwise, sounds like some kid was just trying to make folks feel bad...LOL

If you saw something official about phase 4, could you please post the link? Thx.

• eschienteschient Member Posts: 72

From Battle.net

1. New Invites Sent! | 9/24/2004 7:49:01 PM GMTDT

The extra Closed Beta invitations have now been sent! Thank you for being patient with us, and best of luck from the Blizzard team!

If you do not get in, I hope to see you in Open Beta. :)
    - Caydiem -
    Assistant Community Manager, WoW

And they are beta 4 invites. "Beta 2" is the name of the new server that they added.

From Battle.net

6. Re: Blizz:Why select Nvidia winners over... | 9/23/2004 7:35:59 PM GMTDT

We are picking both, essentially.

We are not ignoring those that signed up initially all that time ago. The Phase 4 invites, in addition to the winning stress testers, are being sent to those who did sign up all that time ago.

The NVidia contest was, among other things, a chance for those who missed the initial signup to get into Closed Beta.

We do our best to cater to everyone, old and new. :)
    - Caydiem -
    Assistant Community Manager, WoW

~~~~~~~~~
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

~~~~~~~~~
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

• eblaneblan Member Posts: 34

Blah, hopefully next beta Blizzard at least gives us the option to change our email address, I moved after the beta signups ended and was forced to change my email address. Heh also hopefully next time Nzone runs a contest they pay attention to the 20,000 submissions (most likely) coming from the same IP. Live and learn, err well, as long as they learn I guess.

• Crazy_AlbinoCrazy_Albino Member Posts: 54

I'm a bit irritated that Blizzard didn't do a whole lot about the duplicate invites being sent.  I believe all they said to those who recieved more than one, "Just give it to a friend" or something along those lines.image IMO, what they should've done was track the duplicate emails, deactivate the extra keys and resend new ones to new people! Why would that have been so hard!?image

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4150d77cze6f03e58/glycerine_glow/__sr_/45c7.jpg?pfRKGWBBX6NJftrY

• TombsTombs Member Posts: 185

Yes, this is Phase 4.

If you feel like going back in the WoW archives for news on their main site:

Katricia on 06/21/04 announced:

"Phase Three of the World of Warcraft Beta test has started, and we have randomly selected the next group..."

However, on 08/11 it was announced that they had closed the Euro Closed Beta app process and it would be starting soon...umm hasn't started in 45 days.

Open Beta in October? Try Open Beta in December, maybe.

• hartskihartski Member Posts: 7

Ack, I thought the nZone invites didn't go out yet! Oh well 1,000 is to slim of a chance anyway ::::21::

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by Crazy_Albino

I'm a bit irritated that Blizzard didn't do a whole lot about the duplicate invites being sent.  I believe all they said to those who recieved more than one, "Just give it to a friend" or something along those lines.image IMO, what they should've done was track the duplicate emails, deactivate the extra keys and resend new ones to new people! Why would that have been so hard!?image

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4150d77cze6f03e58/glycerine_glow/__sr_/45c7.jpg?pfRKGWBBX6NJftrY

If someone received more then one, it's most likely going to end up on Ebay. There's no way in hell someone (not everyone) would give someone else a beta account who was less fortunate to not win.

I agree, they should track the duplicates and deactivate them, then reissue new ones to those who didn't receive a beta key.

• Crazy_AlbinoCrazy_Albino Member Posts: 54

I do trust blizzard over any other company, but I doubt they are going to do anything more about the situation.  Their concerns now lie in completing the game since they have plenty of beta testers, unfortunately Im not one of them, but this is a worthwhile game to wait for. image