Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RMT in EQ2/EQ is less about greed and more about need!

Comments

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

no one cares about RMT except for casual noobs and who cares about them? no one gg kthxbye

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Originally posted by eccoton

just because I support SOE/SONY do not think I am like Smed.

However it does mean you empower him.  You reward smedley with money every month which empowers him to continue to act the way he does.  In the end that is all he cares about and his actions over many years have proven that true.  If smedley didn't treat his playerbase the way he does then perhaps you wouldn't feel compelled to come here and start a grassroots effort to save the game.

As for your original post, it is a plea or an appeal take your pick.  You may read that as begging, groveling or some other emotional situation of your choosing, but that doesn't change the nature of what it is.

You are asking people to reconsider the reasons why they have left eq2 and you offer no compelling reason why they should reconsider. 

Nothing has changed since they have left to give any reason for them to reconsider.

The only "reason" you offer is that soe needs money.   There is no other rational reason you offer.

All companies need money, so what makes soe so special in this regard?

The entire crux of your original post is this.   Soe is in trouble and needs money, so please come back to eq2 and give them money even though not a single thing has changed which caused you to leave.  That is it. 

It is strange how upset you have gotten in the past when people suggest you ignore your personal choices and stop giving soe money, but here you are doing the same thing [only in reverse] and you offer no real compelling reason. 

Sorry soe is feeling the pinch of the economy combined with their business choices, but that doesn't mean people should ignore all the reaons they left just so they can fund your choice in mmo.  As I suggested, if you really want people to come back, try suggesting some changes to soe to speed that process along. 

Just because I see your original post clearly for what it is and do not agree with you, does not mean I don't understand or am incapable of discussing it.  If anything it seems you are having trouble with the reality of your words and what they say and mean. 

I am not rewarding Smed, I am actively buying his product because I like it. I do not feel compelled to come here. I enjoy it. Not trying to organize a grassroots effort to save EQ2. My original post was not a plea, begging, appeal, groveling it was nothing more then a suggestion big difference. You are right I did not offer a compelling reason to comeback. I was not trying to I was actually trying to start a discussion.  You are right I did suggest people comeback even though there is no real change. I suggested they might rethink the item mall. Remember I said this was directed to only those that left on the RMT issue alone. Which some have claimed to do. You have no idea what you are talking about when you say how upset I get you are not sitting here watching me at the keyboard.. I have only acknowledge one post in all my years here that angered me. Had nothing to do with what you are claiming . Try suggesting what to SOE? Like what you seem to always forget I like the game in its current state. I never suggested you did not understand my post or are incapable of discussing it. I did however suggest you come up with some conclusions I find very funny.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Netspook

I was not trying to get former players to betray their standards for my benefit, or save poor little EQ2.   

If so, then you sure had me fooled in your first post...

What SOE obviously doesn't understand, is the huge impacts their decisions have. Just have a look at the SWG refugee forum. There are still thousands of players that probably won't touch anything SOE makes/publishes because of what happened over 3 years ago. And SOE's still not learning.

I left EQ2 in July/August, but it was always my intention to come back at some point. After the RMT, that will never ever happen. I'm a bit like the SWG refugees, it pisses me off to such a degree that no matter what MMO SOE publishes in the future, they won't see a single cent from me. Obviously I'm not the only one feeling this way, so this may have heavy impacts on everything they do in the future.

As long as SOE keeps on lying to us, and insists on doing the opposite of what their customers wants, then to hell with them. Consider this ranting if you want, but I'm not supporting a company which I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to trust.

*slow blink*

You do realize that you are seriously over exaggerating right? Has the item mall actually effected anything? Does it offer anything at all of real use or impact? No. We haven't seen any kind of real impact. So stop it. You're only making yourself look bad because you're making claims that everyone can see are not true.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Moirae

I was not trying to get former players to betray their standards for my benefit, or save poor little EQ2.   

What SOE obviously doesn't understand, is the huge impacts their decisions have. Just have a look at the SWG refugee forum. There are still thousands of players that probably won't touch anything SOE makes/publishes because of what happened over 3 years ago. And SOE's still not learning.

I left EQ2 in July/August, but it was always my intention to come back at some point. After the RMT, that will never ever happen. I'm a bit like the SWG refugees, it pisses me off to such a degree that no matter what MMO SOE publishes in the future, they won't see a single cent from me. Obviously I'm not the only one feeling this way, so this may have heavy impacts on everything they do in the future.

As long as SOE keeps on lying to us, and insists on doing the opposite of what their customers wants, then to hell with them. Consider this ranting if you want, but I'm not supporting a company which I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to trust.

*slow blink*

You do realize that you are seriously over exaggerating right? Has the item mall actually effected anything? Does it offer anything at all of real use or impact? No. We haven't seen any kind of real impact. So stop it. You're only making yourself look bad because you're making claims that everyone can see are not true.

"So stop it"?

Yeah, I was wondering when the worst fanboy/-girl on the planet would appear, pretending to be some official mmmorpg.com forum police, deciding what's allowed or not here.

Making myself look bad? Comming from the one who's ALWAYS ranting about how others sound like a broken record, how no one else cares, to stop it, to get lost, etc, I guess you have firsthand experience in how to make yourself look bad.

If everything is so perfect, then what are you doing here? The fact that you spend a lot of time here, strongly suggests that forum ranting is far more fun for you than playing your precious game.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    I am not rewarding Smed, I am actively buying his product because I like it. I do not feel compelled to come here. I enjoy it. Not trying to organize a grassroots effort to save EQ2. My original post was not a plea, begging, appeal, groveling it was nothing more then a suggestion big difference. You are right I did not offer a compelling reason to comeback. I was not trying to I was actually trying to start a discussion.  You are right I did suggest people comeback even though there is no real change. I suggested they might rethink the item mall. Remember I said this was directed to only those that left on the RMT issue alone. Which some have claimed to do. You have no idea what you are talking about when you say how upset I get you are not sitting here watching me at the keyboard.. I have only acknowledge one post in all my years here that angered me. Had nothing to do with what you are claiming . Try suggesting what to SOE? Like what you seem to always forget I like the game in its current state. I never suggested you did not understand my post or are incapable of discussing it. I did however suggest you come up with some conclusions I find very funny.

While you say you are not pleading and only suggesting I say that is incorrect.  You speak of the posibilty of eq2/soe cancelling their pcs mmos if this rmt thing does not work.  You are not "suggesting" people rethink the game for their own good, you are asking them to do so, because you think it will stop what might be the ultimate doom of the game you love. This is a quote from your original post "I fear the next year may be a disaster for Sony's PC online games".  Fear, disaster, cancelation, billions in losses, economic crash,etc.  Those are some very serious words for a mere suggestion wouldn't you admit?  Especially for a post that is centered around helping a game avoid cancelation, which again is a pretty heavy topic to not fall into a grassroots style post. 

The strength of the words you used tell the truth, even if you do not want to acknowledge it.

As was pointed out and you also admit, you offer no reason for people to reconsider, other than soe might be in financial trouble and you don't want your mmo of choice to fold.  So when I suggested you talk to soe, this is what I was hinting at. 

If soes handling of the cash shop is causing enough people to leave that it puts them in a situation of failure then maybe they should rethink how they treat their players and how they go about adding features of this nature to the game.   If soes existance relies on cash shop to stay alive, then perhaps they should embrace their customers and jointly work on something instead of lying and hiding the existance of the cash shop until the after the fact [and then say they want player feedback, but at the same time say the cash shop is here to stay].  Perhaps your efforts would have greater effect on the one party capable of stopping this kind of player loss. 

It may sound crazy, but perhaps soe wouldn't be in this situation if they didn't constantly do things of this nature. 

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

user
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well sir OP ,i am glad you have a passion for the game,W/O SOE ,MMO's would still be a distant memory.I also enjoyed playing Everquest.

The problem is that you do not know the REAL purpose behind SOE's actions.It is neither need nor greed.The problem is that they did some serious homework and found that the majority of players were using RMT.This is not aligned to ONLY SOE games ,WOW is the largest contributor to this of any game.

SOE decided,the best scenario was to allow the players that wanted to use it,to continue in their lame ways,but through a RELIABLE source and one that keeps money in house ..AS SHOULD BE.

Look no further than DF,to see how lame players are,and the means they are willing to go,to cheat their fellow gamer.There is a few MAJOR hacks already used in that game and of course the sync bug many exploited.

I have not seen ONE game or developer YET,get rid of RMT from their games,they ban them,they come right back the next day.So SOE has at least attempted to try another approach,maybe it is not the best one,but until another developer proves they have a better solution,then nobody has the right to scrutinize.

Personally i would like to see the players back up the developers to get rid of these cheat sites.IMO all it would take is to have the player base ,especially  ones that quit,admit they quit because the cheat sites ruined their game.Since losing customers equals losing money,then i would say SOE and others have a legit case.It is no different than suing someone for a DOS attack,they ruin your business and cost you money,problem is it took them too long just to make that illegal.The American courts are slow motion on protecting the proper people and quick to protect the guilty.

Take the giant HASBRO for instance,if anyone even breathes on one cent of their operation,their big time lawyers come out in full force,this includes protecting their virtual assets.

So before blaming SOE,look to Blizzard,they have the cash right now,they are the ones who should be stepping up to the plate,their game is supporting the RMT more than all the other games put together.SOE is a spit in the bucket right now,when comes to RMT actions.IMO Blizzard by not stepping up are EVERY bit as guilty as SOE,even more so because they have the cash to back it up,instead they allow it to FLOURISH in WOW at atsronomical rates.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

I haven't read the whole thread just wanted to add my personal view and answer the OP's questions a bit.

I have actually missed EQ2 and have wondered if the presence of a cash shop is such a big deal after all. And mostly I have to say that no it isn't. I simply hate the way it went down and because of how it was handled I simply don't trust SOE as far as I can throw them (well Smedley). But the game itself I do miss and maybe I'll resub in a few months, but I will NOT resub for the benefit of SOE or to support their half assed opinion of their community.

So far I am resisting the urge to play again and hopefully once the newer games come out it will have passed.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

Originally posted by Cynthe

I haven't read the whole thread just wanted to add my personal view and answer the OP's questions a bit.
    I have actually missed EQ2 and have wondered if the presence of a cash shop is such a big deal after all. And mostly I have to say that no it isn't. I simply hate the way it went down and because of how it was handled I simply don't trust SOE as far as I can throw them (well Smedley). But the game itself I do miss and maybe I'll resub in a few months, but I will NOT resub for the benefit of SOE or to support their half assed opinion of their community.
    So far I am resisting the urge to play again and hopefully once the newer games come out it will have passed.

This was the type of response I had hoped for.  Someone clearly expressing their opinions with out the attack or put downs.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Well sir OP ,i am glad you have a passion for the game,W/O SOE ,MMO's would still be a distant memory.I also enjoyed playing Everquest.
    The problem is that you do not know the REAL purpose behind SOE's actions.It is neither need nor greed.The problem is that they did some serious homework and found that the majority of players were using RMT.This is not aligned to ONLY SOE games ,WOW is the largest contributor to this of any game.
    SOE decided,the best scenario was to allow the players that wanted to use it,to continue in their lame ways,but through a RELIABLE source and one that keeps money in house ..AS SHOULD BE.
    Look no further than DF,to see how lame players are,and the means they are willing to go,to cheat their fellow gamer.There is a few MAJOR hacks already used in that game and of course the sync bug many exploited.
    I have not seen ONE game or developer YET,get rid of RMT from their games,they ban them,they come right back the next day.So SOE has at least attempted to try another approach,maybe it is not the best one,but until another developer proves they have a better solution,then nobody has the right to scrutinize.
    Personally i would like to see the players back up the developers to get rid of these cheat sites.IMO all it would take is to have the player base ,especially  ones that quit,admit they quit because the cheat sites ruined their game.Since losing customers equals losing money,then i would say SOE and others have a legit case.It is no different than suing someone for a DOS attack,they ruin your business and cost you money,problem is it took them too long just to make that illegal.The American courts are slow motion on protecting the proper people and quick to protect the guilty.
    Take the giant HASBRO for instance,if anyone even breathes on one cent of their operation,their big time lawyers come out in full force,this includes protecting their virtual assets.
    So before blaming SOE,look to Blizzard,they have the cash right now,they are the ones who should be stepping up to the plate,their game is supporting the RMT more than all the other games put together.SOE is a spit in the bucket right now,when comes to RMT actions.IMO Blizzard by not stepping up are EVERY bit as guilty as SOE,even more so because they have the cash to back it up,instead they allow it to FLOURISH in WOW at atsronomical rates.

You are right neither side of this issue really does know SOE's real reason for it's actions. While I do not find SOE's actions as serious as some here. I do find them often just as mysterious. Blizzard should be brought into the mix because of its success companies are redefining what a successful mmo should be.

I really dislike the stance of "well so many people are doing it so we should just let people do it".  Should we apply that to cheaters as well?  Given the opportunity, most people will cheat, so should soe make that a paid service too?  Silly I know, but the point is made.

As for blizzard, you are kidding right?  Blizzard has taken gold sellers to court and won.  Blizzard has taken the makers of cheating gold selling programs to court and won.  At least blizzard is trying.  Instead of shifting focus, look at what soe does.  It is a cheap money grab that the player base has already voted down once when they tried to force station exchange down everyones throats and then they promised to never do this.

One company is setting milestones fighting against virtual sales in their games.  The other company railed for years about how it hurt their game, but has made milestones every chance they can to thrust virtual sales in their games every chance they get. 

Given the choice of who deserves money more it isn't even a question.

I really dislike the stance of "well so many people are doing it so we should just let people do it".  Should we apply that to cheaters as well?  Given the opportunity, most people will cheat, so should soe make that a paid service too?  Silly I know, but the point is made.

As for blizzard, you are kidding right?  Blizzard has taken gold sellers to court and won.  Blizzard has taken the makers of cheating gold selling programs to court and won.  At least blizzard is trying.  Instead of shifting focus, look at what soe does.  It is a cheap money grab that the player base has already voted down once when they tried to force station exchange down everyones throats and then they promised to never do this.

One company is setting milestones fighting against virtual sales in their games.  The other company railed for years about how it hurt their game, but has made milestones every chance they can to thrust virtual sales in their games every chance they get. 

Given the choice of who deserves money more it isn't even a question.

As far as my interests in Blizzard and how they fit in the mix it is not this. Why I bring Blizzard in the discussion is two reasons; how their success changed expectations on returns, and that while they do not use an item mall, they do use the lure of an ingame item to get people buy the cards even if you do not play the card game.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

*slow blink*

"So stop it"?

Yeah, I was wondering when the worst fanboy/-girl on the planet would appear, pretending to be some official mmmorpg.com forum police, deciding what's allowed or not here.

Making myself look bad? Comming from the one who's ALWAYS ranting about how others sound like a broken record, how no one else cares, to stop it, to get lost, etc, I guess you have firsthand experience in how to make yourself look bad.

If everything is so perfect, then what are you doing here? The fact that you spend a lot of time here, strongly suggests that forum ranting is far more fun for you than playing your precious game.

Tell me something... was there really a need to behave the way you just did with your insults and rudeness? Or is it just that you felt it was the perfect time to try to bait me into a fight? 

You have some serious problems that you actually take a GAME this seriously kid.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

*slow blink*

"So stop it"?

Tell me something... was there really a need to behave the way you just did with your insults and rudeness? Or is it just that you felt it was the perfect time to try to bait me into a fight? 

You have some serious problems that you actually take a GAME this seriously kid.

95%+ of what I've posted here, got flamed by you, always the usual crap, telling me to stop it, get lost, etc. Do you have some alarm telling you when I post, or?

Stalking comes to mind.

You're always whining and bitching in response to anyone not 110% supportive to Smed/SOE. Still you claim I'm the kid with serious problems?

• anubismcdeatanubismcdeat Member Posts: 3

I just recently left eq2, not because of the cash shop, as none of the items affected the game at all and really were fluff, but because of time constraints in real life. EQ2 was the best MMO i ever played IMO. I have tried  coh/cov , Eve, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa, Guildwars, Anarchy online, Ryzom and seen enough of WoW played to know it is for a simpler audience. EQ2s achievement system was great and I had alot of fun on the pvp servers. I do think the lessing of the difficulty in eq2 drove away a few people in a failed attempt to bring in the WoW crowd . It seems like this forum is full of people that trash eq2 over the whole SWG crap that happened what was it now, 4 - 5 years ago? I really honestly believe there is no game with as much content and polish as EQ2. It was fun, pure and simple. Sony has simply not advertised it enough. I stayed for 5 years and do not regret it at all. I hope that people reading this forum disregard the people that obviously flame just because they are bored and want to see any game but their own fail. Most of the trolls have moved on to Darkfall now.  Vanguard gets the same slagging and it too is a fun game now. Anyways, its all about fun. Hope whatever game your playing does it for ya.

95%+ of what I've posted here, got flamed by you, always the usual crap, telling me to stop it, get lost, etc. Do you have some alarm telling you when I post, or?

Nah, it's not you Netspook. Click on her name and check her posting history. Unless she wants something, she's abusive and rude to pretty much everyone around here.

user

Agreed Anubis.

To me EQ2 is still the best fantasy game on the market that no one thinks about playing ("EQ2? Is that still running?") Unfortunately, the future does not look as if things will be changing for the game any time soon. SOE has its two new games (of which one is poised to make a pretty big splash) and they are already talking about another game, which some people speculate may be the next incarnation of the EQ franchise.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Lord of the Rings online. It's a very, very good game, although it is still in its growing stages. When LotRo has half a decade of live development under its belt, I would not be surprised if it takes over (my own personal) top spot.

Until then, however, there is nothing out there right now as good as EQ2 at what it aims to do.

user
    Originally posted by Jeff44

Agreed Anubis.
    To me EQ2 is still the best fantasy game on the market that no one thinks about playing ("EQ2? Is that still running?") Unfortunately, the future does not look as if things will be changing for the game any time soon. SOE has its two new games (of which one is poised to make a pretty big splash) and they are already talking about another game, which some people speculate may be the next incarnation of the EQ franchise.
    Lately, I've been playing a lot of Lord of the Rings online. It's a very, very good game, although it is still in its growing stages. When LotRo has half a decade of live development under its belt, I would not be surprised if it takes over (my own personal) top spot.
    Until then, however, there is nothing out there right now as good as EQ2 at what it aims to do.

I played LoTRO for over a year. I really wanted to love that game. All the pieces are there but somehow it just felt flat to me. Even the addition of new content will most likely not bring me back. Possibly the limitations of the IP might be part of the reason. The great thing about EQ2 is the diversity of the enviroments and experiences. While LoTRO has better art styling of it's enviroments, EQ2's seem more alive to me. I realize in LoTRO you are in middle earth but to keep people interested for years you need more diversity and different things to do. EQ2 in my opinion still has the best characters and animations in the business. It also offers a lot more things to do then most mmos. (except pre-nge SWG, will we ever see something that allows player creativity as much as SWG)

One of the points of this thread was not this notion I was pleading for people to return but what kind of future does EQ2 have with a failing economy and SOE new directions with mmos. I doubt we will see any major changes to EQ2 in the future. I hope it is profitable enough to keep alive and have some new content every few months but major changes I doubt we will ever see. EQ2 is really more of a veterans game now. While there are new players brought in, I doubt the game will see significant population growth in the future.

Originally posted by anubismcdeat

I just recently left eq2, not because of the cash shop, as none of the items affected the game at all and really were fluff, but because of time constraints in real life. EQ2 was the best MMO i ever played IMO. I have tried  coh/cov , Eve, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa, Guildwars, Anarchy online, Ryzom and seen enough of WoW played to know it is for a simpler audience. EQ2s achievement system was great and I had alot of fun on the pvp servers. I do think the lessing of the difficulty in eq2 drove away a few people in a failed attempt to bring in the WoW crowd . It seems like this forum is full of people that trash eq2 over the whole SWG crap that happened what was it now, 4 - 5 years ago? I really honestly believe there is no game with as much content and polish as EQ2. It was fun, pure and simple. Sony has simply not advertised it enough. I stayed for 5 years and do not regret it at all. I hope that people reading this forum disregard the people that obviously flame just because they are bored and want to see any game but their own fail. Most of the trolls have moved on to Darkfall now.  Vanguard gets the same slagging and it too is a fun game now. Anyways, its all about fun. Hope whatever game your playing does it for ya.

Well said. So many deny the SWG connection but almost everyone who trashes EQ2 brings up SWG at some point. Even with all the long post against the item mall I have not really heard anyone fundamentally reject the game only on this issue or argue what is really so bad about it in the way it is used in EQ2 currently. However many have claimed to have left only because of the mall. It seems people have to tie a whole string of events connected to SOE rather then the mall's impact alone on game play. I wonder if SWG or Smed's misleading comments had not happend and the item mall was exactly as it is in place would people have had the same problems with it. I really doubt it. I started this thread with the comment it was direct to those that may have left only because of the item mall.

Originally posted by anubismcdeat

Well said. So many deny the SWG connection but almost everyone who trashes EQ2 brings up SWG at some point. Even with all the long post against the item mall I have not really heard anyone fundamentally reject the game only on this issue or argue what is really so bad about it in the way it is used in EQ2 currently. However many have claimed to have left only because of the mall. It seems people have to tie a whole string of events connected to SOE rather then the mall's impact alone on game play. I wonder if SWG or Smed's misleading comments had not happend and the item mall was exactly as it is in place would people have had the same problems with it. I really doubt it. I started this thread with the comment it was direct to those that may have left only because of the item mall.

FIrst of all Smeds comment wasn't misleading, it was a lie.  There it no way to deny that.  Soe was hiring real money transaction experts before he made that comment, including the ceo of the worlds largest gold selling site.  He fully admitted they implemented the card game to get into the micro transaction business.  So for every excuse you offer the truth proves you wrong.  Smed lied, no excuses, no revising history, no blurring the lines.  Every single action proves that soe was heading into this direction before during and after his comments.  He was just deflecting criticism from the contract they just signed with..  wait for it... a 3rd party virtual items sales company.  There is no way to misunderstand what he said. 

As for swg/nge, sure it was the biggest screw up in the history of gaming, but it also show with zero doubt that soe considered its paying customers as disposable and there are several quotes of soe admitting it.  Not everyone is grinding a nge axe when they talk about the misdeeds of soe.  Most of thier current actions carry that same tone as the nge.  The lies, hiding crucial information, springing large changes on the playerbase without warning, etc.  If soe stopped acting in the same manner as they did back during the nge maybe it would be a no factor, but sadly it still relates.  Just because soes recent actions have not been to the same magnitude doesn't mean that people are just picking on soe for no reason other than something that happend years ago.  Many people see a long pattern of actions. 

It seems that anytime someone makes any sort of criticism of soe, fans just as often hide behind the nge as some sort of defense.  Blaming people for being upset at something 3 years ago, when the current action smack of the same exact attitude from a company.  Does that somehow diminish what is being pointed out now?

P.S. as to the underlined segment.  If you don't think very many people actually quit of station cash, why did you make this thread in the first place?  You seem to contradict yourself more than a few times in this thread.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

The recruit a friend promo has lessened the impact of people leaving becuase of the station cash malarky of that i'm sure,but once that ends (if it indeed does) then the true impact of it (or not) will be seen.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by fozzie22

The recruit a friend promo has lessened the impact of people leaving becuase of the station cash malarky of that i'm sure,but once that ends (if it indeed does) then the true impact of it (or not) will be seen.

SOE practically copied the WOW promotion - I doubt either are going to end

Blizzard

www.massively.com/2008/08/05/blizzard-unveils-changes-to-wow-recruit-a-friend-program/

SOE

everquest2.station.sony.com/recruit-a-friend.vm

Blizzard goes one step further with allowing each recruit to grant up to 30 FREE levels to the Vet Acct

(if vet character is under 60)

but the promotions are very similar

P.S. as to the underlined segment.  If you don't think very many people actually quit of station cash, why did you make this thread in the first place?  You seem to contradict yourself more than a few times in this thread.

Daffid011, Doesn't matter what or where I post you ring in. You always basically say the same things, you dissect my posts and pointout all my shortcommings. I wonder why what I say is so important to you? You do seem to put a lot of effort into this( if you don't then I am wrong). This is a casual public forum for me, so I write casually. I am not writing a thesis, or an article for publication in Time magazine, simply trying to start a discussion. It seems you are more interested in putting me down then actually talking about the topics. If I make no sense and contradict myself, why don't you just ignore me?

Where in the underlining part do I say I do not think people left because of station pass? Of course I think people left because of it, that is why I started the post. My comment about the string of events was in referance to how people articulate about this here on the forums. If you noticed very few have responded negatively here without bringing up SWG, Smed's lieing, or treating customers bad. I was not talking about any of those things. Over and over on many threads I have said you have a right to feel that way. I simply see it different. You will never change that opinion just as I will never change yours. However this thread was about the item mall and it's future in EQ2 and mmos. Yes, I did ask people to rethink (plead as you like to put it) their reason's but the thread was more then that. Nothing I post will ever change anyone opinion about any game here. Nothing I say will keep EQ2 alive if SOE decides differently. Nothing I post here is all that important, just digital conversation on topics I find interesting.

Originally posted by fozzie22

I am not sure it has lessened leaving. I wonder if it has even really helped much? I really feel EQ2 is a veterans game now for the most part. It would be interesting to see actual number on things like recruit a friend or the item mall. I am sure no company would release those numbers but it would be interesting.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Sorry to hi jack this thread a little but, how does SOE using RMT stop people using RMT illegal? What do people buy with this RMT (I'm asking cause I don't literally understand)