Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

food

what are  someone good food for a lv 12 tarutaru nin

Comments

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Meat Jerky or Meat 'Kabobs for extra damage

Jack-o-lantern for extra evasion

Sole Sushi for extra accuracy and damage

Dorando sushi for extra accuracy and emnity

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Or Rice Dumpling for an all around boost.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

I'd recommend something cheap for the lower levels. On my server, most people don't even use food in the dunes. I've seen people not using food as high up as Yuhtunga/Yhoator/Garlaige in my server.

With that in mind, I'd recommend against sushi for now. All the other suggestions are pretty good, though. Rice dumpling is better for acc at lower levels, IMO. The sushi's %acc doesn't really give you a huge benefit. It's like...15%? Both rice dumpling and jack-o's give you fixed accuracy bonuses(I think it's +5 and +10 respectively).

Those would be my choices for acc food. If you have tabs saved up and want to save some cash on attack food while leveling in the dunes, you can buy damage food from the Field Manual for about 50 tabs, too.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

There are many foods but most are expensive.Pretty much the most common food in the game is to accomplish accuracy,without accuracy the rest means little.

Sushi is a % accy boost ,means you will get very little accuracy at low levels ,it is designed to be useful around level 30+[caps at 16 accy around level 50 i believe].Eyeball soup is a straight out +10 accy,I believe the jacko is evasion and +5 accuracy.BTW a newer player,as i realize you must be,you probably cannot even afford Sushi,24k a stack,and good chance you will use it all one night and then Sheihi,and any other tools using for enfeebs and such.

What you need to realize is that in an XP party,stats unless maxxed,will not affect you against an IT mob.Stats are effective against d/c..EM's.You will already notice the difference moving from an EM to a Tough,your accy will be crap and you wil be fighting VT's and IT's.

Taru is scary,once shadows are gone NINJA take too much damage,the low hit points means the healers have to be really careful,because you can go down in the blink of an eye.Don't always copy the normal,i played Taru and i did some offbeat stuff,just to keep alive.You may even find that defensive food is a better approach like crab or fishkabob.Every party situation is different,so usually for myself in tank jobs ,i would carry different food combos and use whatever works for that party.IMO you can count on evasion to save you one hit a fight,not worth it IMO to even go that route.

So accy to hold hate, better defensive food to take less dmg. Shadows will be down a lot,you only have one set at low levels and some pullers are anxious and do not allow you the optimal timer before pulling,that would mean def food is probably better option.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Or you could just not tank that early. NIN is a sub par tank at best until 37. I wouldn't even bother honestly. I didn't tank unless the main tank was in trouble or needed a hand. If you really want accuracy that bad, you can just use crab sushi or something cheap. I liked using jack's because of how long they last and they're not that expensive with a decent boost to acc/evasion. I would use that or mithkabobs. Anyway, NIN tanking pre Utsu: Ni = a wet paper bag with three shadows.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• blackwolf082blackwolf082 Member Posts: 42

i was kinda looking for stuff for def and vit thanks guys for the reply

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

I have to echo what Satimasu said. If you're partying with pugs, I would recommend against DEF/VIT food, or even tanking at all. DEF/VIT will only really help you if you're taking hits, and I wouldn't recommend you take hits. You'd be better off letting someone else, ANYONE else tank. I tanked in the dunes as Elvaan BLU, I've had SAM tanks, etc.

The DEF/VIT boost you get from most food at your level will not create a large difference in damage intake.

You're much better off using eva/acc(jack-::o'):: if you're stuck tanking or you really, really want to tank. If you're DDing, use whatever the situation calls for. No situation at your level should require you to pop DEF food.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Accuracy is imporant ... more hit ... more damage ... more hate ... more tank ... It is why Dual Wield and Haste is imporant for ninja tanks. It helps you swing more often (and with haste helps with recast time on ustsuemi). Personally I would throw a breath mantel on and dorando sushi if you can afford it.

Just a point of information. The difference between a  good ninja tank and a great ninja tank is the great ninja tank will be able to let other take hate for a while then get it back. This is good for when your shadows down and you can let someone else take some smacks til the recast is up. For a ninja and emnity ... you want to stay at or near the top of the hate curve so you can do just that unlike a PLD who wants to stay on top and probably get so far ahead of the curve that no one should beat it.

Just as a little aside I have been playing BRD and WAR this past weekend and Ichi kills me anymore. I am so used to having Ni. Then I went and did RDM/NIN during Nyzul Isle and with all that fast cast Ichi looks good. I was surprised I casted that and not Ni.