Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape Closing?

Why would Runescape be closing?

Comments

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527
    Originally posted by RetroMonster

What are you talking about? Where did this come from?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Aethios

What are you talking about? Where did this come from?

Someone has to start it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RetroMonsterRetroMonster Member Posts: 288

I have seen just one News report that one of the most adicting games in the United Dtates is closing. They said that if the economy doesn't pick up, then they said thayt Runescape would close its windows (servers and things)

I hope it doesn't but I dont really care because I never play it anyways.

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141

I have seen just one News report that one of the most adicting games in the United Dtates is closing. They said that if the economy doesn't pick up, then they said thayt Runescape would close its windows (servers and things)

I doubt they'd be closing anytime soon. They still make fairly good revenue from all the little kids and their parents credit cards.

Would you happen to have a link to that news report you read, too?

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Runescape is the 2nd most popular MMO in the US right now, but it's not actually from the US. Jagex is based in England.

Anyways, they have well over a million subscribers last I checked, not including their secondary "FunOrb" site, plus another full MMO in the works. They aren't closing any time soon.

Whatever source you read this "news report" on, I would stop reading it. They are obviously making up sensationalist crap to scare people like you into reading their garbage.

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

I seriously doubt the credibility of the article or news report you got this from. Runescape has about 100,000 active members or so so thats about $500,000 a month. Yea I sincerely doubt they would close. Sure Runescape is not as popular as it used to be ,but it definetly should be making enough money to stay in business.

• SerriaSerria Member Posts: 33

haha a real  "rumor"

• RetroMonsterRetroMonster Member Posts: 288
    Originally posted by Serria

haha a real  "rumor"

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while guys.

• killoverkillover Member Posts: 13

noone would care if RS closed

"Having a smoking section in a resturant is like having a peeing section in a swiming pool"-Unknown

"There''s a time and a place for everything, and it''s called college." - Chef

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

They are a UK based company.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

OMG 100,000 users, what happened to this game in the last 6 months? I have confirmed from personal contacts to management level  insiders that 6 months ago Runescape had 5,5 million users and 1,1 million subscribers.

Where did you get those 100,000 from?

• Nagrand99Nagrand99 Member Posts: 17

Runescape isn't addicting its very boring and boring and boring and boring and many pppl quit

WORLD OF WARCRACFT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zybezzybez Member Posts: 12

Jagex Ltd, the company that runs Runscape, has been trying to drive their game into the ground. Everything I loved about Runescape has been removed or changed. The only reason I stick around is because of friends.

They're making a new game and I think it'll be the same crap.

• SteftoStefto Member Posts: 2

i doubt it, i heard many off these rumors, and none proved right, so no it won't.

However i noticed that allot off kids (below 13 years old) recently started playing it, so that means another money source.

They even started showing comercials at my country for it (i happend to come across it lol).

I'm who i am, it's the way i came to the point that we speak right now.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by killover

noone would care if RS closed

This is pure genius. I wouldn't care if Jagex finally closed their doors to public. The point is, in my opinion, they deserve it. What ever causes them to close or go  into a "silent mode", I congratulate. Look at the advantage, WoW and all those other games especially Lineage which is close to Runescape in popularity, will get more players. That would be like the anglo saxons and the huns, carving up an already dying Roman Empire eh?

• Tommy211Tommy211 Member Posts: 41

I highly doubt this is gonna happen due to the number of players, the popularity and the amount of people who pay for membership. I do admit though that the game has lost its flare to me due to the changes that have been made since when I began playing 4 -6 years ago.