Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ten Level Test

The Ten level test is a new feature on eurogamer.net that I'm sure many an MMO player will find interesting. They'll be taking different MMOs and pitting them against each other, to see which one is the most fun for the first 10 levels. First up is EverQuest II vs. Vanguard. Watch for Lineage II, Final Fantasy XI, City of Heroes, Guild Wars and Dungeons & Dragons to also feature in the coming lineup.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/ten-level-test-everquest-ii-vs-vanguard-article

Jah Rasta For I.
The Wicked Shall Fall..

http://www.ethnic2020.com/images/Ebay/black-jesus.jpg

Comments

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

I actually read this the other day :-) Not a bad idea. Games should be fun from the word go and this is a pretty cool test.

On the flip side, games like AoC are awesome at the beginning but get worse and worse as you level (in my opinion, of course)

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor

• braamerbraamer Member UncommonPosts: 88

Interesting article, and close to the way I feel about the two games. If my wife's computer could actually run Vanguard well, that's what I would be playing instead of WoW.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

The guy is really spot on.  Thanks for posting this.  I think its convinced me to resub.  I havnt checked out the new trial area yet, so here I come

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561
    Originally posted by shad0w99

I actually read this the other day :-) Not a bad idea. Games should be fun from the word go and this is a pretty cool test.
    On the flip side, games like AoC are awesome at the beginning but get worse and worse as you level (in my opinion, of course)

Yeah, "first ten levels" will...well I don't know. Not that fair a range to pick I don't think. You're in Tortage in Age of Conan, which is good for that game; but you haven't received a travel power in City of Heroes yet, but are probably tired of walking around Hollows or Perez.

I'd like to see a "final ten levels" evaluation of MMOs.

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by sepher
    Originally posted by shad0w99 I actually read this the other day :-) Not a bad idea. Games should be fun from the word go and this is a pretty cool test.

Yeah, "first ten levels" will...well I don't know. Not that fair a range to pick I don't think. You're in Tortage in Age of Conan, which is good for that game; but you haven't received a travel power in City of Heroes yet, but are probably tired of walking around Hollows or Perez.
    I'd like to see a "final ten levels" evaluation of MMOs.

I suppose it's just a test, not a fair test though.

City of Heroes is a great example there. The game gets so much better after level 14 when you get to fly around or jump over roof tops.

For comparing games like EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, WAR etc... it's pretty fair because the first 10 levels are a realistic taste of things to come in those games. Other games, the first 10 levels barely represent the rest.

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor