Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question pretaining to flying.

RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hello,

I have been reading alot of threads and watching alot of videos about Aion.

1) I am curious if anyone knows what is the max amount of time you can stay in flight?

2) How often it recharges?

3) How long does it take for the meter to fully recharge (from empty)?

4) Are there skills that can knock you out of the air, or reduce your flight timer?

5) does it recharge completely using certain skills or when you respawn from death?

6) do potions or items , talents increase this skill?

7) are there different types of wings and do they increase your air speed?

8) does your flight meter increase with level or class?

9) are there any areas that restrict flying (like indoors)?

10) can you use flight while in a dungeon or fighting a raid/instance boss?

11) whats your favorite food?

P.S. thanks in advance, that last one was for fun xP

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Hello,

I have been reading alot of threads and watching alot of videos about Aion.
    1) I am curious if anyone knows what is the max amount of time you can stay in flight?
    1:40 with level 40 wings, plus equipment bonuses (which can reach around a minute) plus potions, around 3 minutes max, 1 minute default.
    2) How often it recharges?
    1 second of flight every 2 or 3 seconds.
    3) How long does it take for the meter to fully recharge (from empty)?
    Depending on your equipment and wings obviously, but my previos answer should reply this one also.
    4) Are there skills that can knock you out of the air, or reduce your flight timer?
    Yes to both.
    5) does it recharge completely using certain skills or when you respawn from death?
    No, you can't fly while you have ress sickness and there are no skills recharging flight.
    6) do potions or items , talents increase this skill?
    As I said before, some unique armors give flight time and there are abyss potions also that boost your timer.

7) are there different types of wings and do they increase your air speed?
    I already replied to the first, to the second, afaik only the level 40 ones boost your speed.
    8) does your flight meter increase with level or class?
    No, unless you're Chanter, Chanters have a party aura to fly more time.
    9) are there any areas that restrict flying (like indoors)?
    Yes, however, you can glide everywhere (using ramps and high points in order to travel faster)
    10) can you use flight while in a dungeon or fighting a raid/instance boss?
    Only in the abyss.

11) whats your favorite food?
    Probably spanish ommelete :)
    P.S. thanks in advance, that last one was for fun xP

Flying right now needs some details polished in order to feel perfect, as it is right now, however, a skilled guy will make a difference.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Some classes get passive skills that increase flight time and or flight speed. Wings are a very good way to get out of a tight spot and or close on a target faster. Spiritmasters have a skill that will decay flight time, I think its like 30% reduced flight time with 3% every sec for 10 sec's after that. Not sure what the other classes have. Flying is like using WASD on the ground but its in the air (very fast control and speed with two key's that control up(R) and down(F), or you can hold both mouse buttons down and move the mouse to move).

I think they still need to work on the radar, and give a hit location somehow so when you are flying and get attacked, you will know where the attack is coming from. Right now its very hard to locate the guy or see him sneek up on you. If you ever played a flight sim you will understand (most will attack from above / behind you)

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...