Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Draw Distance in Wurm

ronssonronsson Member UncommonPosts: 20

Today is the day that Darkfall releases. A thread was created by a beta player showing the draw distance of players and creatures Darkfall. It was pretty good. Better than say Wow or Lotro:

Link to screenshot (There is a player at the light beam I think)

The game looks pretty good as well. In general I wish them luck even though a lot of our players will disappear for a while to try Darkfall. Hopefully they will return of course:)

The reason that I comment on Darkfall is that it is the game that has most features common with Wurm Online. The feature lists sure are lookalikes.

Even though DF is competition I am glad that it gains attention because like Wurm it represents what I think online games should strive for when it comes to player freedom and interactivity.

Anyways, I just HAVE to show the Wurm Online view distance as a comparison. The screenshot is from the test server with a crazy amount of manually spawned boats. If you can't see people on the boats it is because I don't think there are any. There's a troll down left at least. If you are waiting to play Darkfall you might as well download and try Wurm in the meantime so you have something to compare with. It's free(!)

Note that in order to try the full loot PvP in Wurm you have to purchase premium time in the web shop and head off to the Wild server. It's only 16x16 kilometers of terraformable war lands:)

Here's the screenie:

Wurm View Distance

Comments

• drasilgamedrasilgame Member Posts: 58

It got dark and I couldn't literly see anything and when i got a lantern I had a rather unplesant experience with a bug while mining. Wish it didn't talke so long to do everything. Other than that the game is pretty good.

• ronssonronsson Member UncommonPosts: 20

Yeah, that and the food situation for newbies are two of the biggest turnoffs so we are thinking about what to do about it. I know food will change for sure pretty soon at least since I am about to code it.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Man I really wish I could try this game again.

It just wont work properly on my system.

It laggs to hell and the graphics look like ass compared to all the screenshots I see.

It's really frustrating since im a sandbox fan and would love to atleast have an opinion on the game and its mechanics.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Man I really wish I could try this game again.
    It just wont work properly on my system.
    It laggs to hell and the graphics look like ass compared to all the screenshots I see.
    It's really frustrating since im a sandbox fan and would love to atleast have an opinion on the game and its mechanics.

Have you played with the options?

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me