Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RealmLords RvR pvp F2P MMORPG OB Extended

The game RealmLords, which is a realm vs. realm styled, player vs. player, free to play MMORPG currently in open beta... is delaying final release.  This is due to having a few gameplay and several cosmetic issues which need to be addressed prior to a "proper" launch.

This post is primarily to inform people who may be following the games progress.  Although new testers are welcome to start*, we are not actively soliciting for such.  At this point, emphasis is being placed on cleaning up the remaining issues.  To do so, the servers go up and down several times a day for patches, which tends to be disrputive of testing anyway.  Those who are simply curious about the game are encouraged to wait for launch.

Thanks,

Ken

* client can be downloaded from the RealmLords web site, beta forum is at mmorpgdesign.proboards.com

www.ActionMMORPG.com
One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

Comments

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Sorry, forgot this.  There is no date set for launch set.

The delay was a last minute decision, and I'm still sorting out issues as to what must be done, and what can wait.

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

Screen shot's would be nice.........(HINT HINT)

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

hey you go ppl found a vid on youtube

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

Screenies are a good idea.  I wish I kept a collection.

Here's the main page on YT with "making of RealmLords".  LINK  Some of those are from as far back as November.  It's not tons better now, but somewhat.  There a beta vid in there too (we were having network issues, all fixed now).

If you're curious, there's always download the client, and try the game.

It's pretty solid at the moment, with mostly cosmetic issues (a few gameplay too).  I'm 85% done burning out my list of "must fix" issues.  Then comes the next step...

... STRESS TEST

Ken Fisher

XAP

• CreitrodCreitrod Member Posts: 1

• LoopholeLoophole Member Posts: 27

Current Status: Open-Beta Failed
    The open-beta testing phase of RealmLords has been a dismal failure. People who come into the game as testers, are not providing anything significant in terms of assistance to the development of the game. Even worse they are actually interfering with development by wasting the developers time with irrelevant chatter.

The RealmLords beta forum has been closed. A handful of the original closed-beta testers will be given a new form of beta contact access. Any others who wish to make contact can do so through the RealmLords web site.

This made me laugh, devs got their claws out. :)

• eight675309eight675309 Member Posts: 246
    Originally posted by Loophole

Current Status: Open-Beta Failed

The open-beta testing phase of RealmLords has been a dismal failure. People who come into the game as testers, are not providing anything significant in terms of assistance to the development of the game. Even worse they are actually interfering with development by wasting the developers time with irrelevant chatter.

The RealmLords beta forum has been closed. A handful of the original closed-beta testers will be given a new form of beta contact access. Any others who wish to make contact can do so through the RealmLords web site.

This made me laugh, devs got their claws out. :)

What's evem more funny is that the link they supply to "contact them" brings you to a dead end page that says:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

THERE IS NO FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT

FOR THE GAME REALMLORDS.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

ROFL- that's all I can say. 

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Airspell

ROFL- that's all I can say. 

Not to make fun of you but I actually had to read that News twice to register it 100%. What other mmorpg game maker tells they had dismal Beta tests? better yet, do they even say what they found out, how it went, it was succesful or not? If you compare it to Darkfall I would take this game developers word as more honest as that "Tasos" dude from Darkfall.

You should be ROFL'ing at the "launch" of Darkfall not at this news.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

I ROFL at DarkFAIL every day on irc, no point.  However you chose to interpret it in your optimistic way. I interpret that news as a very sad case of a developer blaming everyone but him for failure.  I have yet to try the game, is it possible to atm ?

• DeathreatDeathreat Member UncommonPosts: 143

Nice minions of mirth