Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiment with Lab Rats

XyntressXyntress Member Posts: 6

Well there seems to be a lot of screaming over this one.

Hopefully someone  will speak up for the gaming community and their rights against SOE.  In my opinion, SOE has stepped over the line.  Problem is that I don't have the money for court fees nor the legal knowledge.

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2009/02/aaas-60tb-of-behavioral-data-the-everquest-2-server-logs.ars

SOE has taken peoples intertainment to a new level; players being lab rats and the game being the experimental grounds for the rats to run around in.

So how do you like outside psychiatrist/scientists/associate third parties; etc etc, etc...reading all of your chat logs to include private tells then openly catagorizing ya as having psychological problems?

Quote:

Buried among those happy, average players was a small subset of the population—about five percent—who used the game for serious role playing and, according to Williams, "They are psychologically much worse off than the regular players." They belong to marginalized groups, like ethnic and religious minorities and non-heterosexuals, and tended to use the game as a coping mechanism.

End Quote

Quote:

In his view, the data suggests that many studies that report marginal male-female differences in gaming based only on self-reported figures most likely did so based on unreliable numbers. It's entirely possible that a number of other sanity checks on past studies are lurking in this virtual data trove

End Quote

Some people may scoff at these turn of events.  Believe me when I say, this is only the beginning.  There is ALWAYS a fallout effect and the end result is NEVER for the good.  Remember, book burning, witch hunting sessions.  Will you be frightened to openly admit you play in an MMORPG????

This discussion has been closed.