Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there an Auction house in eq2?

i looked at the stickies and couldnt find anything,

i was wondering if there is an auction house system in eq2, if there is how does it work, is it worldwide or every city has its own AH?

if not how does the selling and buying of stuff work in eq2 between players?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

There is a broker.

Players put stuff up for sale at a set price for others to buy. It's instant.

There are brokers all over the place, and they're globally connected.

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

What darwa said.

Each side has a broker network.

Later in the game, when you start poking around a bit, you might stumble across the. . . *ahem* less than legal brokers, who can sell things from either side.

user
  • CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Jeff44

What darwa said.
    Later in the game, when you start poking around a bit, you might stumble across the. . . *ahem* less than legal brokers, who can sell things from either side.

Well no, this isn't a problem anymore. You used to have to find a fence for access to items from the "other side". Now any broker will sell products from either side, but the dealer markup differs. The broker fee when buying from your own or allied city is about 5% (I think). Buy from the other side, the Exiles, or Majdul, and the broker fee is 40%.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

also worth noting

often, you can visit someone's home to buy the listed item and avoid any broker fee

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

YES there is an ACTION house,

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

What darwa said.

.... and how long has it been since you played eq2? The two sides have been merge on borkers for a long time now.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

20% fee for ally faction and 40% for opposite. This can be decreased by half with a veteran reward the seller can put on their home. Going to the person's house removes the broker fee.

.... and how long has it been since you played eq2? The two sides have been merge on borkers for a long time now.

Exactly 42 minutes ago. Now shhh, Ecco. Go back to sleep.

Honestly, I didn't realize that the "borkers" had all "been merge" for a long time now. I kind of liked having to find the "fence" to peruse how the other half lives. I am kinda disappointed, actually.

Next thing you know Kerra and Ratonga will be living in peace and harmony right under the Overlords nose!

*sigh* I miss the old days.

user

Exactly 42 minutes ago. Now shhh, Ecco. Go back to sleep.

Honestly, I didn't realize that the "borkers" had all "been merge" for a long time now. I kind of liked having to find the "fence" to peruse how the other half lives. I am kinda disappointed, actually.

Next thing you know Kerra and Ratonga will be living in peace and harmony right under the Overlords nose!

*sigh* I miss the old days.

Jeff44, I ask you a question about how long it has been since you have played eq2 since this merge has been around for a long time. You presented your answer as if you knew and it was simply wrong. If you felt that was an insult so be it. It never matters what I say or how I post, You always find it important to insult me. I really thought you may not have been playing for a couple years. There is nothing wrong with that you still can post here but in this case you were wrong. No big deal.

It is funny I am one of the strongest supports of this game even with its faults and have been since day one. You say you are a cuurent player and I believe that. Why do you need to try to insult and put down a fellow player who wants people to get the right info and keep EQ2 alive. Look back on all my responses to you I do not always agree but I never feel the need to try to put you in your place. Try treating a fellow player and supporter of EQ2 with respect it might show people EQ2 has a great community.

PS- actually the ratonga and kerra do live in harmony. Ratonga are evil and kerra are neutral. Kerra can start in gorowyn which allies them with evil and can move freely in Freeport. I have a gorowyn Kerra and a freeport ratonga. As well as a neriak ratonga. I am sure you will point out I am wrong since I am asleep.

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

When I played EQ2 there was no auction house.

To sell you had to rent a room or house to put items up for sale.  You had to stay online to sell.  If here was another mechanism for selling the transaction fee was so expensive I never used it.

To buy  you had to either go to a broker and pay a substantial transaction fee in addition to the price of the item or make the long run to the place where the item is on sale.

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681

Seeing as no one else has mentioned it you also don't have a set limit of hours/days for an item to be listed on the Broker the only requirement is that the character who listed the item needs to have been logged on at least once within a week for the items to remain active on the Broker, ie still showing up so ppl can buy them.

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681
    Originally posted by thorwood

When I played EQ2 there was no auction house.
    To sell you had to rent a room or house to put items up for sale.  You had to stay online to sell.  If here was another mechanism for selling the transaction fee was so expensive I never used it.
    To buy  you had to either go to a broker and pay a substantial transaction fee in addition to the price of the item or make the long run to the place where the item is on sale.

That used to be how it was but it isn't anymore and the system is alot better now with offline selling and only needing to sell via the Broker is you want to rather than from your room, also forgot to mention that sellers also get special containers that will drastically cut the fee a broker charges when you list items, the charge is also only made when a purchase has occured so your not going to pay just to list items like other games do.

I do not remember if it was my 4 or 5 year veteran reward but we got a veterans display case that cuts the commission costs. It has I think 45 slots which is plenty for me so I no longer use the specific merchant displays that are player made. I have played a lot of mmos with auction houses/brokers and I think EQ2 does it really well, it makes selling fun and easy.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

The display case thingy is 3 year.

Kerra and Ratonga living together? Openly?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhck!

Hold on a moment, let me stop hyperventilating.

Okay. I'm better now, but that was a real shock!

Next thing you'll try to tell me is that PC's are run on something totally silly, like electricty, instead of kerosene! Ha! Oh, unless the PC is an older one, those are still hand-cranked, of course.

EQ2 is a big place. Maybe I should get out more.

user