Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dies after chapter 1

My problem is that I've tried LOTRO twice now and both times I find that the levelling completely dies at just after level 20. Its been a while so I don't remember specifics but does anyone agree? Have they made an effort to fix this? Its like all of a sudden there are no major lore quests, every small quest is Orange and I'm not even too sure which orange quests to try.

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Comments

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Have not experienced this problem.  Have you tried the Lone Lands at level 20?  That seems to be the place to go.

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Not sure what you mean by the levelling dieing friend? if you mean it slows down, then yes it does but they wont fix it because it's not broke friend.

Lotro is not meant to be a rush through to end game type of game. it's a slow journey old RPG game where the story actually takes you along if you choose to listen to it.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by grimboj

My problem is that I've tried LOTRO twice now and both times I find that the levelling completely dies at just after level 20. Its been a while so I don't remember specifics but does anyone agree? Have they made an effort to fix this? Its like all of a sudden there are no major lore quests, every small quest is Orange and I'm not even too sure which orange quests to try.

There is indeed a gap in the epic quest line at that level, Last quest in book 1 is a lvl 18 quest and the first in book 2 is for level 28 I think. But you shouldnt have trouble finding both solo and group quests at that level. Haven you been to the barrow downs that later gives you quests for the first big dungeon "the great barrow"? Have you been to lone lands and done all the quests from The forgotten inn? There are also some small quest hubs like the ranger camp by Weathertop (starts one of the best questchains in the game with very good strory imo) and also north of Bree by the horse farm is some lvl 20 quests. If you are done with all thoose you can continue to Ost guruth in LL (just follow the road) Or to Trestlebridge in North downs just foolow the road north from Bree.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

I might give it another go but there's is definitely no natural progression between zones - you complete every quest in a zone and then feel abandoned, there was no guides when I played at release but there seems to be some rough guides as to where to be at what lvl now.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• reggiereggie Member Posts: 138

There should be more then enough quests for you.

Check this map.

http://lotrovault.ign.com/screenshots/full_res.php?image=http://vnmedia.ign.com/lotrovault.ign.com/fms/images/maps/3/1173009244_fullres.jpg

North of the map leads to North Downs. East of the map leads to Lone Lands.

Personally i found lone lands more fun always and prettier then north downs. It also has a truely awesome dungeon with many quests in it plus that dungeon gives better overal rewards then north downs. Plus lone lands leads to trollshaw and trollshaw is absolutely beautiful.

Basically you can go both directions. One zone starts at a little higher lvl then the other but you can just go quest in both zones if you wish. For sure Lone Lands starts with quests for lvl 16-18 already. Plenty solo quests.

There's actually so many quests and stuff to do in lotro that in the end i ended up with pretty much 2 zones unused/unquested when i hit 50.

I think thats the beauty of lotro ... that you can go 2 ways. Lone lands leads to trollshaw and North Down leads to angmar. So you can go either way or quest in both. Both roads offer more then enough quests and also each zone has his own lore books/chapters.

I think the lonelands books/chapters start at around 22 to 28 already ? Depends on your class etc.

Seriously though there's tons to do and you should never be out of quests. Unless you stay in breeland ofcourse :). There could be a difference however between skipping dungeon quests and doing them all. I liked to do all dungeons and all if not most quests so then you have more then enough xp. Plus dont forget each zone has several hubs to quest from so if the first hub is out of quests just move to the 2nd hub.

Btw its fairly easy to outlvl en entire zone if you are not careful. What i mean is stick to long to playing in North Nowns and chances are once you are done with that zone you outlvld all quests in Lone Lands and the other way around.So make sure you go quest in the zones you find the most interresting or quest in both but dont stick to 1 and expect you can go to the other after completing all quests.

Though ofcourse you can complete north downs and head for trollshaw for instance which connects to Lone Lands since its the next zone after Lone Lands.

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Read the quests friend. If you follow them they take you to the next area of quests. i play a hunter and every now and again i have to delete a lot of quests as i do too many and outlevel a lot. But if you follow the quest lines it should take you to the next area's :)

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I had this impression too when I played my first toon and did not know where to go. Now that I know my way around, I have no trouble finding quests that are right for my level.

Around level 20 I usually do quests in the Lone Lands and North Downs. 

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

I might give it another go but there's is definitely no natural progression between zones - you complete every quest in a zone and then feel abandoned, there was no guides when I played at release but there seems to be some rough guides as to where to be at what lvl now.

Every major quest hub (stables, vendors, 10+quests) have an introductiory quest from previous quest hub.

REALITY CHECK

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

There is such thing yes - in Lone lands

Quests are lvl 18-20

than Suddenly jump to lvl 24-25

But dont be scared.

I tend to do only Orange quests (with my alt) , its more challenging (hence more fun) and you both gain better rewards and level faster

• SiyahSiyah Member Posts: 131

THe big problem with leveling in lotro is also its biggest advantage... questing.

If you open your log book regularly and try to do all the quests you'll usually find that you get stuck in one area for a long long time. My humble advice is to open your book, and as soon as you find greay quests deleted them (not the epic one of course). Once you find a quest that sends you to another area then go for it...don't wait till you clear the area you're in.

The beauty of lotro is its landscapes, storyline and overall "things to do"... so travelling a lot between quest lines will ensure you capitalize on those points.