Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Force User or not?

2»

Comments

• fluffybunifluffybuni Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by fluffybuni

If the game is going to be solely based on force users, than I hope they make the journey there hard; because everyone running around with light sabres would make me losing interest in the game pretty quickly. Maybe a system of titles could be implemented, where only a hand full can hold the position at a time which can count as a type of advancement for all force users. Whatever they do though, they'll need to find a middle ground where hardcore players can be hardcore, and casual players can be casual but not be totally useless or feel left out.

How can the journey there be hard if they are starting classes?

Do you like close one eye, and tie your hand behind your back. Then if you can still push either the Jedi or Sith class, on your first attempt, utilizing the character creation screen,  you get to keep it?

WTF?

For the 16.783 quad-rillionth time...this isnt SWG 2.

What part of Jedi/Sith being starting classes would indicate you have to earn/unlock it? Do you folks even read the press releases, or ever played any of the KOTOR series before?

My God...quit living in denial. You didnt get SWG 2. Accept it...and come join the rest of us in the game that is...not the one you cant quit pining over.

BTW...those sandbox games, the ones you vets talk about so often, just released another called Darkfall.

Darkfall sure could use your devotion to your preferred gaming style. More so than future TOR players need to listen about something this game isnt intended to be.

Seriously...give it a rest.

We heard ya the last 16.782999 quad-rillion times. And you wonder why folks dont wanna share a game with your playstyle of customers...Pfft whatever.

EDIT...Forgot...as for OP: Would make a force user if only can have one char per server due to PvP concerns. If allowed more than 1 class, will alternate Jedi with another class as I work on their advancement.

First off, I've never played SWG before so I wouldn't know what you're talking about in the first place (only played KOTOR)  and I think you obviously don't see what I'm getting at. Because Jedi and Sith are starting classes I'm merely suggesting they put a sort of advancement for these characters instead of -> creation screen (yay! im a jedi) -> play for a month (yay! im still a jedi) -> play for a year (im still just a jedi...and OMG so is everyone else!! argh... quit). The only problem I think itll cause is the lack of motivation to play without advancements within these classes, therefore my idea of making the journey to becoming a "true" jedi a little hard. For example you would start as a padawan, then advance through ranks eventually reaching jedi master sith lord blah blah blah,it still doesn't mean you aren't jedi or sith to begin with. (perhaps my fault for not clarifying).

basically if you still don't get what I'm saying is that starting out as a full on jedi knight or sith would be silly in the long term. in the interviews they stated that this game is going to be about jedis and siths (i figured i didn't have to mention that on the first post), so then it would essential for them to not only keep the players interested with storyline but also advancements. But this is the tricky part, they would have to make these advancements viable for both casual and hardcore players, gaining a larger audience of players.

By the way, KOTOR1 and 2 were both great games, but if what you're suggesting is that you create an online game (which is suppose to last a few years) through linear concepts then the game will get boring very very fast. and thus it would fail as an MMO. I'm pretty excited about the game, but I also want it to be versatile; it should be game for non-rpers and rpers, casual and hardcore, linear and non-linear and so forth. I've played tons of MMOs, as im sure you have as well, i don't want this game to another WoW, or guildwars, retarded micro-transaction games, and so on. I wanted to be something original that'll keep me playing for a long time; I just dont think you can do make a good MMO using linear styles.

Also, I'd suggest you stop generalizing because you were wrong on most of you're generalizations to me; its plus this is just my opinion. if you disagree, post a constructive rebuttal and don't flame; its just not nice.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Fluffy

I highly doubt that you are not a vet..or at the very least that you havent followed these type of topics for a while. Your post count is indicitive of an alt account no less.

I could be wrong of course...but your "idea" smacks of the same BS we hear over and over around here. And quite frankly, I doubt you started reading the TOR forums today either way.

Thus making your idea the "same ole same ole"...even if you arent a vet by chance.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• fluffybunifluffybuni Member Posts: 29

Moaky07

So, basically my "idea" which is basically to provide more shit to do in a game is a bad thing? I may not be a vet of swg, but I am a vet of MMOs.

Now I've already stated what I wanted out of this game: "a game for everyone" basically (don't really feel like clarifying atm read previous posts); but what i haven't heard is what you wanted out of this game. Also I don't see the disadvantages of creating a MMO "for everyone".

Since you disagree with my ideas and see it as bullshit. Id have to assume that you want exactly the opposite of what I want which is another KOTOR but online; it would have shitty content (emphasis on storyline will not keep players interested), and overall it would be a boring game (not that it wouldn't be really cool for the first few weeks). Like I said before KOTOR1&2 we're both great games, but if you can implement more non-linear aspect of MMOs into the game perhaps than you might actually get an MMO and a greater game.

O and, I've only started to read these forums for about 3~4 days; just a thought though, I'm sure if you heard the Veterans speak of the same shit over and over again I'm sure its because SWG was a good game. But thats not where I'm coming from, I've never played SWG, but I have played tons of another MMOs (and most of them are horrible).

So, now that my shit is on table I just wanted to know: What you want out of this game

Or rather an actual argument with perhaps alternative solutions? rather than just calling mine the same old BS. It would be nice to see your ideas as well

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Moaky07

Fluffy

I highly doubt that you are not a vet..or at the very least that you havent followed these type of topics for a while. Your post count is indicitive of an alt account no less.
    I could be wrong of course...but your "idea" smacks of the same BS we hear over and over around here. And quite frankly, I doubt you started reading the TOR forums today either way.
    Thus making your idea the "same ole same ole"...even if you arent a vet by chance.

Yeah, about all you have done here is bitch at someone that you "assumed" was bringing up the "same old" topics.  When S/he obviously wasn't.

I am an SWG vet, and I realize there will never be another SWG, mores the pity.  However, I refuse to listen to tripe from posters like you who's only real point is to harass others who have a desire to see this game be great.  No one in this particular post is asking for SWG2 or other wise.

You make a lot of assumptions, and contrary to the saying it only makes an ass out of you.  Why don't you sod off to one of your super leet guy forums, and STFU here.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AdigironAdigiron Member Posts: 83

leaning strongly towards a blaster, perhaps a really big blaster.   We will see as more information is released.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

I'd like to play a non-force user on the Sith side since I think it would be fun to survive while living amoungst a bunch of force-choking evil types.

But I'll probably also roll Republic and play a Jedi alt as well.  

• Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

In the Knights of the Old Republic single player games (one and two), NPC Allies that were Jedi had a noticeable edge in terms of power and ability over non Jedi. It was the nature of those games being based so closely off of the D20 star wars system with the closely followed class systems.

I think if the MMO is able to reduce the strength of Jedi just by a small amount so that a player doesn't feel cheated or that they're "really missing out" by not being a Jedi, the game will have achieved a major design victory.

I want to be a combat droid with a vibro pike, a light repeat blaster, and a grenade launcher. It's doubtful I'll see those options at launch, but if they were there, I'd be pretty happy. I'd even be happy having my droid cut down by a light saber, or a Jedi deflecting my blaster bolts to the wayside as he charged me. Just as long as his skills or feat collection is comparatively weaker than mine, to reflect the price that was paid for the Jedi to have his powers.

• Warshack1337Warshack1337 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Drgnprophet

I'm just curious as to how many people will be force users (if they are playable) and how many people will go regular old joe with a blaster. Personally I'm undecided right now.

Go play crossfire.... lol   http://www.crossfire.com  its a fun game and u can shoot someone till ur blue in the face i do agree some blasters should be in SWTOR the ones that i slice in half with my saber... :)

• NaranarNaranar Member Posts: 97

I will definitely play a force user most likely favoring sith in my opinion there will be really a lot of non force users that will be like

"Muhaha i will be only non force user!! "Though in the end i think numbers of force users and non will be +- same  of course as long Bioware dont **** up balance of classes then there is problem with most of peoples going for one OP class.

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Drgnprophet

I'm just curious as to how many people will be force users (if they are playable) and how many people will go regular old joe with a blaster. Personally I'm undecided right now.

This poll has been made up of someone who hasn't got a clue about SWTOR.

Read up on the game before posting  a poll which has no relevance to the game.