Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanna play...

BraviusBravius Member Posts: 15

I just got a brand new Dell XPS gaming laptop.

Now I know what you're thinking... "Dell? WTF!?" but it was a gift from my parents for my upcoming graduation so when you're trying to help try not to comment on that whole deal.

Now, I'm looking to be able to play Age of Conan and Darkfall when that releases and I just wanted your opinions on whether my laptop will be able to handle these games of fairly high settings.

The specs are:

2 Gig RAM

ATI RADEON MOBILITY 9800 with 512 dedicated memory

Intel Dual 3.4 GHz Processors

The size of the hard drive matters very little at the moment.

Comments

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

You will be able to play the games but not on high settings.  The Dell XPS simply expects too much from it's mobile gpu with a very high resolution display taking up most of it's power which results in choppy performance on newer 3D titles.  The 9800 is however one of the better mobile gpu's out there but with a clock speed of only 350mhz it still lags a long way behind even mid range desktop cards.

• BranXBranX Member UncommonPosts: 79

I think it'll do fine on AoC and DF, but probably not the highest settings.

For a bit more improved speed maybe upgrade to 4gb ram.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

No it won't.  That particular laptop is 4 years old so you won't be able to play modern games at high settings.

The ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 can play WoW on max settings, but nothing modern.  Also the Intel Dual Core of that time ran hot and inneffecient.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

what dell comes with a dual 3.4 ghz pro. looking not finding?

• BranXBranX Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Cleffy

No it won't.  That particular laptop is 4 years old so you won't be able to play modern games at high settings.
    The ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 can play WoW on max settings, but nothing modern.  Also the Intel Dual Core of that time ran hot and inneffecient.

Hence how I said, "not the highest settings", retard.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by sanedor

what dell comes with a dual 3.4 ghz pro. looking not finding?

Older one, maybe a Xeon or Pentium D.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.