Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about returning, some questions

grinderygrindery Member UncommonPosts: 36

Hello everyone, I played age of conan on release for about 3 weeks then quit and canceled my subscription. I am thinking about returning after reading some of the interesting patch notes and I have some questions.

1.) Where talent points refunded from all the changes? I played a ToS to level 51 and was just wondering if we have respecs available.

2.) I played on Set (go figure) and It was one of the more populated servers, Is it still populated server like it was in release.

3.) The murder system is really intriguing has it stopped most of the ganking on the pvp servers? By ganking I mean someone waiting to attack you and kill you when you have no chance of fighting back.

4.) I see that a lot of new content has been added, most of it was for higher levels. How is the content looking for level 51 character? I was leveling in the Tarantia military district when I quit playing.

5.) Performance for me was great on release. I was getting a great 50-55fps on medium settings. After a few patches my performance dropped to about 40fps and would not break it. Has the performance improved at all?

6.) I had a few items from sanctum of burning souls that was dubbed as quest items and I could not equip them. I know they fixed that in a patch but after the so called fix I still could not equip those items as they stayed in my quest inventory and I could not move them. Has that been fixed?

7.) Water, I had a major problem with graphical glitches whenever I entered water on release. I was wondering this was ever noted in patch notes. Or has anyone ever had that problem before?

Anyways those are my questions. I don't want anyone to tell me to stay away because its still crap. I want real answers and real reasons to play or not play.

Comments

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

#1. Talent points were not refunded however respecs are cheap unless you have done it a lot. They are working on addressing the continued increase in respecing as well. WoW had the same issue for 2 years after it was released.

#2. All the servers are medium to heavily populated except the new PVP servers such as Agony. The new servers are filling up but it's light still. The servers that were merged are jammed packed with Bloodspire being the only exception. It's Oceanic

#3. Yes ganking has almost completely vanished except for the occassional murderer gank squad. Because murders are worth more PvP XP people stalk them to the ends of the earth to get them however. I am assuming you are referring to ganking lowbies.

#4. Ymir's Pass zone and Cradle of Decay instances are new and around your level. the Ampitheater instance is in Ymir's pass. You're going to love it.

#5. Performance has really increase significantly in 1.04. Best performance so far.

#6. A lot of items were fixed. I don't know the specifics about the ones in that instance.

#7. I have no issues with Water whatsoever. I haven't seen any reports at all regarding Water issues on the TestLive server forums or official live forums.

If you haven't played it in a while you'll especially love all the new content. It might even seem a bit overwhelming at first.

• SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419

Hello, because you seem like person really interested in answers and not just like a troll, I do my best to answer you.

1) From what I read, you left 3 weeks after release. Points wasnt refunded. But after one patch, cost of tree changes were lowered down to intial price. So, yes, you can change your feat trees for minimal price.

2) I dont know exactly Set, but after server merges every server is very populated. On the other hand I am afraid its not so populated like it was after release.

3) No, its still there. On RP-PvP server its better, but also its there. In my opinion, because of PvP levels, people will be attacking you even more.

4) Yes, there is new content for lower levels. Starting from single quests here and there, huge new zone Ymirs Pass for levels 50-60 and dungeon Cradle of Decay lvl 42+.

5) Performance and bugs is something that improved a lot since release. So yes performance improved a lot.

6,7) See previous response. Most of bugs was also fixed. I dont know about bugs you are talking about, because I have never experienced them, but I think its solved just like other bugs.

Hope it helps and hope to see you in game again soon.

• grinderygrindery Member UncommonPosts: 36

Awesome thanks for the answers ninja, I figured the water issue might just be on my end. I get some wierd graphical errors on my end in a lot of games. I think one of my video cards might have some issues. I never did respec so it should be pretty cheap for me lol. Ymir's pass sounds really cool so I might go ahead and resub to play around with it for awhile.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by grindery

Awesome thanks for the answers ninja, I figured the water issue might just be on my end. I get some wierd graphical errors on my end in a lot of games. I think one of my video cards might have some issues. I never did respec so it should be pretty cheap for me lol. Ymir's pass sounds really cool so I might go ahead and resub to play around with it for awhile.

Yes, i would definitely recommend you to resub and give AOC another try. The game has improved ALOT since launch

And dont worry, Set has a good pop

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef