Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul

No hype for this game?

I checked out the gameplay video and it's . . . well, I dislike the oriental graphics, but . . . I was pretty shocked.

Combat almost looks like Street Fighter/Virtual Fighter/Soul Cal, looks like a ragdoll physics engine, and characters actually move their enemies rather than just strike them.

Gaming is serious business.

Comments

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265

I'd better check it out, thanks. I'll let you know my opinion later.

• KartuhnKartuhn Member Posts: 139

I hadn't even heard of this game until I read Teala's blog on the home page here today (great read btw) and I am putting this one at the top of my "to do" list.

• bluemagibluemagi Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by Nythious

No hype for this game?
    I checked out the gameplay video and it's . . . well, I dislike the oriental graphics, but . . . I was pretty shocked.

Combat almost looks like Street Fighter/Virtual Fighter/Soul Cal, looks like a ragdoll physics engine, and characters actually move their enemies rather than just strike them.

lol i don't mean to be a jackass but I didn't know people still used the word "oriental".  I personally love the Asian theme and artwork.  But that's just me :)

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265

I watched the trailer... LOOKS FRICKING AWESOME!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Its still 1 and a half years from release in the US.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Cleffy

Its still 1 and a half years from release in the US.

2010 release in Korea, and considering that Aion is now Q4 NA & EU release, that means Blade & Soul could be a 2011 release in NA & EU.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I have my doubts if B&S will eb released outside Asia at all... This because the game is 100% based on Asian stories / mythology, and those things are the ones that won't go far in the US and Europe.

2nd reason is this:
    There's no mention about B&S at all in the timeline. Only L3, but we know that that one is kinda dead by now... It might be that NCsoft will replace L3 for B&S. And if that'll be the case, we can add an other year for B&S to be released in the US ? Europe (if it'll come our way in the 1st place).

About B&S itself... I think that trailer is awesome. Best of all, the movie includes in-game footage (see where the female runs through the case and you see the pointer)...

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Reizla

I have my doubts if B&S will eb released outside Asia at all... This because the game is 100% based on Asian stories / mythology, and those things are the ones that won't go far in the US and Europe.
    2nd reason is this:

There's no mention about B&S at all in the timeline. Only L3, but we know that that one is kinda dead by now... It might be that NCsoft will replace L3 for B&S. And if that'll be the case, we can add an other year for B&S to be released in the US ? Europe (if it'll come our way in the 1st place).
    About B&S itself... I think that trailer is awesome. Best of all, the movie includes in-game footage (see where the female runs through the case and you see the pointer)...

There are two unannounced projects on that slide for the Seoul studio and I thought Carbine had been cancelled?

Guild Wars 2 is definitely delayed, L3 is being remade from scratch since the code theft, and TR is closing. That must be an ancient slide?

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Nythious

No hype for this game?

Glad you found something to look forward to. This is definitely not my cup of tea. Didn't care for the combat at all. Just not what I'm looking for in my MMORPG.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

a more recent chart was shown in the Q4 2008 Financials

www.ncsoft.net/global/ir/prfile.aspx    (link to the financial document)

NCSoft Product Lineup Chart can be seen here

www.wartower.de/news/content/lineupca.jpg

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

@bobfish

The slide is of 2007-2008, so pretty old indeed. Didn't find a new one yet 

@nadia

Thanks for the new slide... I couldn't find it last time I checked...

If does show that B&S is schedualed for early 2010, but unlike Aion, is has no region attached to it. My guess is that it'll be Asia (or even Korea) only