Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a good PvP mmorpg

HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Hey guys -

I used to play UO a loooong way back, WoW and Nexus. Though I've been out of the MMO scene for a while and I'm afraid I'm a bit out of the loop. I plan on playing darkfall, but I'm worried my comp won't be able to handle it to the point where I can get enough FPS to compete properly.

I'm looking for an MMO that's not too graphic intensive and has a large emphasis on PvP. I'm talking UO faction caliber PvP in its glory days. There was nothing better than sieging a town and having a massive battle that took hours. On the other hand, you could go out hunting for opposing factions with a small group of friends.

Are there any MMOs like that anymore? I'd even settle for a solid free UO shard.

Thanks for an help, fellas.

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Originally posted by JeremyBowyer

Hey guys -
    I used to play UO a loooong way back, WoW and Nexus. Though I've been out of the MMO scene for a while and I'm afraid I'm a bit out of the loop. I plan on playing darkfall, but I'm worried my comp won't be able to handle it to the point where I can get enough FPS to compete properly.
    I'm looking for an MMO that's not too graphic intensive and has a large emphasis on PvP. I'm talking UO faction caliber PvP in its glory days. There was nothing better than sieging a town and having a massive battle that took hours. On the other hand, you could go out hunting for opposing factions with a small group of friends.
    Are there any MMOs like that anymore? I'd even settle for a solid free UO shard.
    Thanks for an help, fellas.

Old UO Vet here, I ended up in Warhammer Online.  Great PVP.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

There is really nothing like UO around, upcomming Mortal online is aiming to make a similar game however.

WAR and AoC have decent PvP but they are probably both too much for your computer.

Guildwars have great PvP and no monthly fees but it is more of arena styled.

Maybe you should try old Daoc, it is old but have nice PvP the way you want it.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm gonna look into war and daoc. I think my computer can handle those two. It's not that bad reall. I can handle eve easily, wow pretty easily... even fallout 3 is PLAYABLE with the settings low. I just prefer less graphics heavy games because A) graphics don't mean much next to good gameplay and B) better performance.

AoC looks like it'd probably be a bit much.

I'm intrigued about Mortal Online... I'm gonna have to keep my eye on that as well.

• mr138mr138 Member Posts: 65

I'd wait for one of the games coming down the road in a little bit. Instead save your cash for a better comp/upgrades instead of paying for a box and monthlies. Everything out pvp wise now kinda sucks.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

They don't exhist.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

What about link realms I here it has a UO feel..

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,360

I'd argue that there aren't any MMORPGs with great PvP.  Most have PvP won by whichever side has higher levels, better gear, or more players, which is rather stupid.  Guild Wars is the only exception that comes to mind, but the pvp there tops out at 12 vs 12, which sounds like it isn't what you're looking for.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I'll hold off for a while. Maybe wait for DF (though I'll probably have to get a new computer).

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

If you're willing to branch out a little you could give Guild Wars a try. It's strictly arena-based combat, however, it is totally skill-intensive and gear has little to no effect whatsoever. In my opinion there isn't a better PvP game out on the market at the moment. Monthly tournaments are held, as well as huge $100 000 seasonal tournaments. 

With regards to graphics - the game is beautiful, but the requirements are extremely low so you should have no problem running it.