Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directed to the last page of the thread...

When I clik on a thread i'm directed to the last page.    I think most will agree that you need to read the original post before you even think of responding.    I personally would rather go to the first page, read the original post (and the ones following) before I get to the last page.

thanks.

Comments

• DexyDexy Member Posts: 63

I cant agree with this enough ValiumSummer. I really do not like being put to the end of a thread, 90% of the time i have to navigate back to the first post.

• cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

I agree also. If you are in the actually forum area of the website and not the the homepage (post ticker thingy), you get directed to the first post.

• greenblood82greenblood82 Member UncommonPosts: 29

It would also be a good feature if it would direct me to the first unread reply when i click a thread where i've already been before. Most other forums can do that.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I disagree.

It's the web-wide accepted forum standard that links take you to the last post.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I agree. It's a waste of time and not to mention bandwidth for the site.

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by Dexy

I cant agree with this enough ValiumSummer. I really do not like being put to the end of a thread, 90% of the time i have to navigate back to the first post.

Ditto

If you post a response you "should" know what the OP posted initially not what the tread has digressed to.

Many threads are very long and the initial thought has been re-directed away from the initial thoughtt.

Originally posted by darwa

I disagree.

Just because 'thats how its always been done' does'nt make it the best solution.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by darwa

I disagree.

Oh, so let's also jump into a fire because the rest of the internet is. Just because other people are doing it doesn't make it any less stupid.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

When I click on a thread title anywhere in these forums it always goes to the first post on the first page of that thread.  The only link to the last post of a thread is available as a very tiny easily overlooked arrow icon to the far right of each thread in the forums.

The only other place that goes directly to the last post of a thread is the Recent forum posts page.  In both of those cases the choice to go to the last post of a thread make perfect sense.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by grunty

Every multi-page thread I go to in these forums always goes to the first post on the first page of that thread.  The only link to the last post of a thread is available as an arrow icon to the far right of each thread in the forums.
    The only other place that goes directly to the last post of a thread is the Recent forum posts page.  In both of those cases the choice to go to the last post of a thread make perfect sense.

This behaviour on the recent forum posts page makes sense? That's exactly where it does not make sense.

When you come to the site your going to click on a link because the thread title grabs you and you want to read that discussion. Why would i want to go to the last post of that thread? How does that inform you enough about what has been discussed previously to be able to add to the discussion.

You cant just say it makes sense and not justify that statement.