Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's gonna be different about this game from other MMOS?

drogtordrogtor Member Posts: 81

I was hoping i could get some insights from people who were following FA's development

Played: Earth'n'Beyond-WoW-EvE-EQ2-LoTRo-PotBS-CoV-Vanguard-FFXI-DDO-L2

Waiting: JGE - Aion - SW:TOR - Agency

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Never mind.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KaelasKaelas Member UncommonPosts: 15

The difference?

Great Premise for a game.

Which is contrasted by the utter lack of quality graphics.

Which is further contrasted by a nice crafting system.

Which is contrasted by the game being pushed out months before its ready.

Currently its in closed beta which should be called pre-alpha. I was really wanting to play this game till I played it. If its really coming out in 10 days, its going to release with more bugs than Anarchy Online's release. Which most of them popped up AFTER the release patch, this time everyone knows about them going into it.

This game will be amazing on its re-release with a new company.

• rejektrejekt Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Kaelas

The difference?

Currently its in closed beta which should be called pre-alpha. I was really wanting to play this game till I played it. If its really coming out in 10 days, its going to release with more bugs than Anarchy Online's release. Which most of them popped up AFTER the release patch, this time everyone knows about them going into it.

Are you posting about DF or FE here?

<? while (!$i['care']) echo '...'; ?>

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Fallen Earth is not coming out in  10 days. They just entered closed beta. Think you are confusing it with Darkfall

FE will have a real time crafting system, meaning that it might take an hour to make a gun. However you can do other things while crafting, even log out and still finish. 95% of in game items will be crafted, making it a  worthwhile endeavor.

I understand combat will be FPS style. And there are no classes, its skill based allowing any character build you want.

Not to mention the post-apocolyptic setting. I am really hoping for a Fallout style MMOG

FE. I was clicking this post on the ticker and clicked the wrong game then realized it, lol.

So since i had to correct my post anyways. I figured I'd just say how I felt. If DF is like this as well, then I guess i'll have to go back to older higher quality games.

The games I'm waiting for are, DF, (used to be) FE, The Agency, Champions Online, and A.P.B.

So far bust on one. I'm guessing there's a niche for everything. I mean hell people play runescape when they could play games with more to do, and better quality. But when most modern cards are detected by the game as "WE don't know what a Radeon HD 2400 is" or the nvidia equiv. And only seems to know the older cards. I just don't see the developers really having their heads in the game.

*sigh* I dunno, guess my hopes for the game were just too high listening to the dev's hype. Maybe they have some mysterious patch they havn't released that'll make the game run semi well and look better. But I just don't see it right now.

Oh i thoguht FE was, ok then maybe it has a chance. I like its craftign system, its dual wield system. but apparently had the release date wrong. Here's praying since we have more time then!

I just woke up, I should never post within an hour of waking up.

• drogtordrogtor Member Posts: 81

lol kaelas :)

I heard some people saying that the devs were hoping for a Q2 release for Fallen Earth. They sure are working on those bugs, and if the release was virtually bug-free.. this will be one heck of a game ^^

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by Kaelas

The difference?

Darkfall forums are

<=== That way. 

If this game releases running smooth and relatively bug free, it will be something to behold. 

Joined - July 2004

I hope Q2 is enough time. I'm hoping also that my video card is just too high end right now.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

LOL Kaelas scaring everyone. :)

This has just caught my attention, damnit!!! I'm waiting for Aion but I LOVE the post apocalyptic style a la Mad Max. Sooo definitely keeping an eye here, maybe even two eyes. I think I'm more interested in this then TOR even.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• rejektrejekt Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Cynthe

LOL Kaelas scaring everyone. :)
    This has just caught my attention, damnit!!! I'm waiting for Aion but I LOVE the post apocalyptic style a la Mad Max. Sooo definitely keeping an eye here, maybe even two eyes. I think I'm more interested in this then TOR even.

Only problem with Aion and TOR is the possible wait til this fall or later. Nothing wrong with checking out some other games that show promise in the meantime. :)

<? while (!$i['care']) echo '...'; ?>

• drogtordrogtor Member Posts: 81

Is my assumption that Aion is a bot-grind fest wrong, or did i believe rumors/misconceptions ? The game has got great graphics, but apart from that.. what is being offered in the field of creativity?

• CrelmCrelm Member Posts: 18

They're saying Q2, that's true. I think it'll be delayed until Q3 though, honestly.

The graphics have gone through two overhauls in Fallen Earth's development history. I wouldn't be surprised if they go through another. As for a game not recognizing newer cards; who cares? The piont is getting it to recognize older cards. The newer cards don't require any special tweaking; they're pretty much standards-compliant out of the box.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Crelm

They're saying Q2, that's true. I think it'll be delayed until Q3 though, honestly.

The graphics have gone through two overhauls in Fallen Earth's development history. I wouldn't be surprised if they go through another. As for a game not recognizing newer cards; who cares? The piont is getting it to recognize older cards. The newer cards don't require any special tweaking; they're pretty much standards-compliant out of the box.

Why would they be crazy enough to have a third graphical overhaul?  From what I've seen of the before and after models what they have is more then fine as it is. They have apparently met their deadline for the content they wanted in for launch, that means they are probably concentrating on bugs and performance and maybe gameplay balance.  The world is also 'seamless'. You can't go crazy with the graphics with no contained zones.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)