Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another comming back thread

EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

Hey all. I'm thinking of comming back to quell my boredom a bit and see if i can get passed level 35 for once (new games made me quit).

I have a quesiton though. Can anyone creating a new character start on the trial isle? Even if we're regular sub?

Also how needed are bards? up with healers or no?

Comments

• mr138mr138 Member Posts: 65

If I read it right, it's for new accounts.  You should be able to find the client somewhere, though you need an active account and sub to start downloading the game.

• Mattyb710Mattyb710 Member Posts: 98

I recently made a new character on an old account I had (yay Founder title!) and I was able to start on the new island.

Also, I want to add that the new island is friggin sweet man!

• drasilgamedrasilgame Member Posts: 58

Trial island = fun. Rest of world = big and boring and quiet. Other than that it's a good game though.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

When you create a new character on a full sub, you are offered the choice of whether to start on the Trail Isle or in the chars strating area.

Starting on the Isle gives you a full set of armor and you will see a lot of peeps running about. Whereas you will not have this is you start in the chars starting area.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by Everith

Hey all. I'm thinking of comming back to quell my boredom a bit and see if i can get passed level 35 for once (new games made me quit).
    I have a quesiton though. Can anyone creating a new character start on the trial isle? Even if we're regular sub?
    Also how needed are bards? up with healers or no?

If you haven't played in awhile, I'd recommend starting on Isle of Dawn.  I've played for the entire 2 years and recently started an alt on IoD, it's very fun.  After that, it'll be important to get back to your home city though, pick up any racial specific quests etc. 

After the experience of IoD, you will see less people, only because the world is so huge and spreadout.  But region-chat and riftways will make grouping easy.  When you get into the 40s, the adventuring areas begin to slim and it will start to get crowded if you are Seradon.

Bards are very popular right now.  If you have the knack for composing great sounds, you can really stand out as a bard.  Our guild has 5 bards that raid, all have different gear, weapons, attributes, racial abilities, etc. etc. etc.  But what distinguishes the truly great bards are their abilities to compose songs.  If bards are familiar with the other classes and abilities, that will help a lot.

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

Awsome guys. I really look forward to comming back now. I will be rolling on Seradon (my original server) in hopes of finding old friends if any of you are on it to.