Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taikodom - A new Sci-fi game to try

RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105

www.taikodom.com

This is a portuguese game but the are translating to english.  Think free to play/pay for perks EVE and you have this game. So far, it seems OK. I have just been playing the tutorials.  Compared to EVE its a bit cartoony, but I like it so far. 

There's 4 classes: Hotshot (Figher),  Juggernaut (Bomber), Scout (Explorer) and Merchant (Trader).   All I have fooled around with is the Merchant class.  You can mine for raw materials to sell for profit or hand over with a PO (recipe) who wil craft it for you.  From the features page, they list lots of missions, a huge universe to explore and a much more.

As for the pay to play part: You can buy hoplon's with RL cash. They can be traded ingame for a flat 1 hoplon=50 in game coin or for Affiliation that gives you access to more places, more storage and hangar space, higher insurance and a bunch more stuff. Afflication can last 30, 60 or 90 days. I don't really like that you can't buy hoplons or become an affiliate with ingame currency, though.

If anything its worth a try at least. I've played for about an hour and it seems like it has promise.  In the beginning  voice actor is talking in Portuguese, but the words are in English. Other than that, I haven't read anything too bad about it on the English boards.

Comments

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368

Hmm, looks interesting, d/l the client now, will see. Never heard about it before. Too bad the english site reads like a google translation, kind of not making some things very clear.

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.