Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

impossible to patch

well i spent a full day downloading the trial only to discover its a client from 2005, all the sites offering the trial download have it dated 2005 and when you launch the game it requires over 500 megs of patching, and to top it off the patch server only gives out 10-20 kbs download rates, and when you google for trial version patch downloads nothing comes up, help!

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

just let the patcher run, not much else you can do.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i could let it run if it would actually run, but 500+ megs at 20kb is like downloading a gig on 56k, takes a month of sundays to make any progress, and if you get disconnected splat, why doesnt anything come up on google for daoc version 1.96 patch download?!  why doesnt mythic let sites host patch download files like all other games in perpetuity do?!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i found a cheat, anyone else getting this patch server being gimp crap one of my google attempts found a forum post about how the test erver downloads 99% of the same patch version and goes 5x faster so you just need a minimal time on the crappy normal patch server when done, hope no one else gets the shaft on download rates i was ready to give up even trying to play out of rage at the crappy patch server not working