Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 help please! :D

maddi123maddi123 Member Posts: 53

Hello everybody! I bought lineage 2 today! :D I have been playing MMORPGs for years now and as we all know, the start is the most important part of a MMORPG. And I really would LOVE some help! :D If you could answer any of my questions I will always love you!  

* Which server is the best to play on? Pvp, guild, and grouping wise....

* What is the difference between a Human mage, Orc mage, and dark elf mage?

* Any good builds for these mage classes? :D

If you could help with any of these, that would be awesome! Thanks ahead of time! -Maddi

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Would help ya if I could, but I havn't played L2 since beta and shortly after and I'm sure much has changed since then.  If there are forums for this game, I'd advise you try there as well.  It can be tough to get answers here on MMOs thats aren't in the spotlight anymore!

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Bartz is a really nice server, has been the most populate NA server for quite some time.  There have been recent merges, Bartz was not merged and it is still probably the most populate NA server.  You'll find a lot of clan activity and player activity.  Id strongly recommend Bartz

As for caster choices, I'll leave that up to the post I saw you make on the L2 official forums.  They'll be able to answer that better than I can.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by maddi123

Hello everybody! I bought lineage 2 today! :D I have been playing MMORPGs for years now and as we all know, the start is the most important part of a MMORPG. And I really would LOVE some help! :D If you could answer any of my questions I will always love you!  
    * Which server is the best to play on? Pvp, guild, and grouping wise....

* What is the difference between a Human mage, Orc mage, and dark elf mage?

* Any good builds for these mage classes? :D
    If you could help with any of these, that would be awesome! Thanks ahead of time! -Maddi

Welcome to the game. As for servers Bartz and Phoenix are the 2 most populated NA servers with Phoenix being the most populated. I recommend Phoenix because from what I have heard Bartz population is dropping and Phoenix is growing. I see you are intrested in mages so I will give a brief description of the mages assuming you mean mages that specialize in attack magic rather than healing.

Human Mages can become Sorcerers that use Fire Magic or Necromancers that use Dark Magic and can summon undead servitors to fight with them or  Warlocks that are a pure summoner type class that uses cat like servitors for melee combat.

Orc Mages are more of a hybrid class. They are Buffers mainly that can also fight using melee weapons.

Dark Elf Mages can become Spellhowers that use Wind Magic or Phantom Summoners that are a pure summoner class that uses demon like servitors for melee combat.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Well i cant tell you wich server to choos becuase it depens what you prefer: Pvp..roleplaying.........

But i have abit knowlage about the mage class So if you want to be solo mage that casts strong spells i would reccomand Dark elf (notice---dont choose summoner ) the dark elf mage have really powerfull Magic attacks, so it would be the simpelest choise!

But if you are into summoning i would reccomand the Elfs summoner (altho all summoners are kinda at the same power lvl). they can summone uniconrs and thats really cool,and aside they are strong, But! you should know that as a summoner you cennot fight without your summon (well you can but you will be kinda weak =D) and the higer the lvl the less magic attacking skills you get (you only get to summon stronger types of uniconrs and buffs,heal...)

Now to buffer/healer, ther are 2 types of good buffers in lineage:Orcs and humens, orcs have more attack buffs, And humen defensive buffs simple no?

And for the grand finaly i present the kameal!!(tnanana) well they are not really mages,but not fighter they have half of this and half of this,the only problame is : they need to collect souls so they can use magic attacks. 

thats it hope i helpd

---Sorry fo my grammer i do my best =D---

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

bartz! and I use the Lineage2 library on the main website for most of my info, there is a post/blog here on this site,(mmorpg.com) which is very useful for new players to read it's called," Torak's Guide to Making Adena  " you should read this, so with that, welcome to the game!

• bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

I played on Bartz for a long time and loved it, I had a great clan and for the most part the people on the server were great.  However I took a break for about 2 months and when I came back to Bartz the server had a super high ping and experienced a lot of lag. 

The strange thing was Teon had one of the lowest pings (EU server) and I live in Florida.  So I switched to Teon and thought the community their was great  and I ended up joining a very active clan.  The only downside was the time difference, usually when I logged on after work 50% clan was logging off to go to bed, but on the weekends it was another story. 

After a few months Bartz ping dropped , but I found myself staying with the Teon server.

As for the mages I have a  Dark Elf Spell Howler (They have a very strong attack but are one of the slowest casters)  which I enjoy playing the only downsides were I found myself resting more than playing, it can get tricky when you have multiple monsters attacking you since your cast can be interrupted.  You can buy Spirit Shots, which allow you to kill monters much faster, but can easily bankrupt you.

I also have a Dark Elf Phantom Summoner, which is somewhat similar to a Spell Howler ( at least at lower levels), but your "friend" will eat up some of your experience you will also need to buy crystals it can be hard to find a group.  On the other hand you can solo areas a little easier and have the summoner fight while you are resting.

If I were you I would find a clan, if you are below level 40 you can join their academy, a good clan makes all the difference in the game.