Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server merges were a failure. What's next?

Comments

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Burntvet

I am sure the 40+ page thread on the oh-so-holy official forums are full of people that are lagging because they have "crappy" computers too....
    Yeah....
    That is so much more plausible than SOE pooching it......

Yeah quite possibly is borked but it wouldnt suprise me if a lot are poorer system's with a proper gaming rig and just a bog standard adsl connection I do not experience any of this lag.

If I was perhaps on a yank server then possibly It was the reason I had to leave my guidies my friends and everything else I loved about Eclipse at NGE it was just unplayable.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by thamighty213 
    Yeah quite possibly is borked but it wouldnt suprise me if a lot are poorer system's with a proper gaming rig and just a bog standard adsl connection I do not experience any of this lag.

If I was perhaps on a yank server then possibly It was the reason I had to leave my guidies my friends and everything else I loved about Eclipse at NGE it was just unplayable.

Poorer systems?   The game is almost six years old.  Just what kind of dinosaurs would people have to be running to be the source of lag in a six year old game?

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Why won't they just bury SW:G and leave us with what little dignity the memories of "The days before SOE decided gaming isn't about having fun" times have..

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• khristenkhristen Member Posts: 10

First, I thought the General Discussion forum was for *active* players.  The pre-CU dreamers should probably find their way back into the Veteran's Refuge where they can reminisce about how wonderful things used to be and how the current game couldn't possibly offer anything comparable.  I know many of them think differently, but if you haven't been playing the game for years then I don't think you can accurately make a judgement on what is currently working for active players and what isn't.

Second, they were not server mergers.  They were optional character transfers for people who wanted them.  While you can argue that it is a technicality, the fact remains that these were not intended to be actual mergers.  If they had been, people on the transfer from servers would have been told "You must choose one of these servers."

Finally, they have been far from a failure.  I have seen more people coming back and staying than I ever have before, and most people have reported a massive improvement in their game play because they have more people to interact with.  If you only use the SOE forums for your judge, keep in mind that free time is active right now so there are plenty of people who have only come back to troll.  Why people feel the need to come back just to bash something they left years ago is beyond me.

There are reports of lag, but in most cases they are isolated issues that the developers have been actively working on tracking down.  There is not God-awful, game-breaking lag for everyone even on the higher population servers.  If you read those reports you have people with high-end systems having problems in even the most remote areas and people with average systems running through Mos Eisley with max graphics on.  It's not all client-side, but it's not all server-side either.  And SOE is taking these reports seriously, saying the exact same thing.

I wouldn't say things went absolutely perfect, but flat out calling the Free Character Transfer Service promotion an outright failure is more than a little unfair. 

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

I offer a LOL.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by Clixgamer

Originally posted by Valeran

Originally posted by Clixgamer

Originally posted by kunoulovesme

Only SOE could be this clueless. Reports are coming in from all the the destination servers that the game is almost completely unplayable because of the lag. The official forums are once again up in flames and SOE is still unwilling to admit that the poorly coded NGE is the problem and the swg mod squad is doing double duty trying to keep a lid on everything.
    What's amazing is that anybody with more than two brain cells to rub together should have seen this coming. Remember how bad the lag was right after the NGE went live when the servers were still populated? SOE didn't fix the problem...the servers just got emptier and emptier so the problem was less noticible. Then, as usual, SOE makes massive changes to the game (server merges) without doing even five minutes of testing.
    I predict that these server merges are hurting the population stats even worse than if SOE had continued to ignore the problem. The next good time to look forward to is when they try to close the empty servers and force the remaining holdouts to move to one of the now lagged out servers.
    What's their next move? My guess is they continue to deny there are major problems until the sunset notice comes right before KotORO goes live.

Prime reason right here I attempt to avoid reading the forums here, but this one plucked a nerve. Where are these reports coming from of unplayable lag? And I dare anyone go to the Official forums right now and attempt to find threads of total distaster umong the servers.

I have played more in the past 3 weeks, and have experienced more content than when I first joined. Players are everywhere, PVP is rampant, and I usually take on 2 to 3 instant heroics a day with full groups.

If anything the server merge was a complete lack of failure.

Boom headshot.

forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m

Hmm interesting. Good find, but I haven't been experiencing lag. Guess I am the lucky one.

A computer engineer friend of mine calmly and clearly provided a detailed account to SOE regarding what would happen with server mergers regarding lag because of packet issues and the speed of the NGE.

Also, after Smed told players at face to face summits that he would fast track server mergers, he was then told by his dev team that this was not advisable for technical reasons.

So, it appears that Smed made his commitment to the server mergers before consulting with his development staff.  He then failed to honour his commitment.  He still hasn't honoured it, in that these are not server mergers, but rather free transfers.

I'm not against the free transfers.  People are happy to have someone to play with again; who wouldn't be?  However, the disconnect at SOE shows itself once more: between Smed and his developers, and between fantasy and reality (the NGE code cannot handle highly populated servers; it never could).  This is another reason we asked for rollbacks.   SOE was told that if they ever managed to repopulate their game, that the NGE could would cause unplayable lag.

This is again another clear and serious example of SOE completely ignoring and failing to act on valuable player feedback.

• JatwhalJatwhal Member Posts: 162

Firstly there haven’t been any server merges.

Maybe you could start with Webster’s and look up “merger”

“Reports are coming in from all the the destination servers that the game is almost completely unplayable because of the lag.”

Orly?

Hrmm I wonder whom your reporters are? The same people who clog the ER’s because they have a runny nose?

Let me say that of the 100 or so people that have killed me in the past few weeks, not one of them admitted that lag and the game being “almost completely unplayable” was a result of their kill count +1.

Now I will admit that about 6 players I killed did H8 tell me cause they “lagged”.

Of course I’m greatly concerned with SWG being almost completely unplayable because I can tell you for a fact that in the more than 10 years of playing mmorpg’s it has always been “the game servers” causing elite pvp’ers to get killed by noob players. Never their skills nor leet system they just built.

“I predict that these server merges are hurting the population stats even worse than if SOE had continued to ignore the problem.”

Do you mean subs?

Well I can honestly tell you that I know of 10 resubs because of the server transfers.

I guess the next failure would be this attempt by a SWG H8r to blindly spew their venom.

I would like to state that in no way shape or form that anything I receive from SOE influences my opinion about SWG or their company. I’m pretty much a typical average player enjoying the game.

Originally posted by Jatwhal

Firstly there haven’t been any server merges.

Maybe you could start with Webster’s and look up “merger”

“Reports are coming in from all the the destination servers that the game is almost completely unplayable because of the lag.”

Orly?

Hrmm I wonder whom your reporters are? The same people who clog the ER’s because they have a runny nose?

Let me say that of the 100 or so people that have killed me in the past few weeks, not one of them admitted that lag and the game being “almost completely unplayable” was a result of their kill count +1.
    Now I will admit that about 6 players I killed did H8 tell me cause they “lagged”.
    Of course I’m greatly concerned with SWG being almost completely unplayable because I can tell you for a fact that in the more than 10 years of playing mmorpg’s it has always been “the game servers” causing elite pvp’ers to get killed by noob players. Never their skills nor leet system they just built.
    “I predict that these server merges are hurting the population stats even worse than if SOE had continued to ignore the problem.”

Do you mean subs?

Well I can honestly tell you that I know of 10 resubs because of the server transfers.

I guess the next failure would be this attempt by a SWG H8r to blindly spew their venom.

Please see the link above from the oboards concerning the lag.  That is from CURRENT players.

No matter how you spin it the transfers were a defacto server merge.  Those transfer from servers will NEVER be populated again and will more than likely be closed at some point.  Even the most ardent SWG supporters admit that.

--------

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• pacashe109pacashe109 Member Posts: 41

the lag will go away soon because my vet trial is almost over with and i started it like the fourth day transfers were allowed..so most of the vets will be gone and the lag will be long gone :)

Originally posted by pacashe109

the lag will go away soon because my vet trial is almost over with and i started it like the fourth day transfers were allowed..so most of the vets will be gone and the lag will be long gone :)

The lag will go away now since everyone is respecing to spy and are staying cloaked instead of action command spamming the server.  LOL

--------

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

I will always be amazed how something with a positive outcome can somehow be turned all negative on these boards.    Even "disgruntled vets" were chastizing sony for not implementing some sort of server merge and when they do.. its somehow a bad thing.    I have come to the conclusion based on how I have seen things in relation to things like my own posting habits and other issues on this forum like say "server merges" Whatever it is it will always be twisted to be somehow "bad" lol.   The same information will be used in two opposite ways at different times on this board its actually amazing beyond words at this point.

a) one month I say I only post on what I play when I"m asked about SWG posting and called a liar because I was posting on another game that I had only just stopped playing and so called on the fact that I lie based on this and that my posting history was not only in this forum..

b) 2 months later that same posting history is used by the same identical poster as a way to criticise the fact that I only post on this forum (all of a sudden its reverse?) and now validating what I had been accused of ying about the other time.. I was not lying of course but it was necessary to call me a liar cause there was nothing else to do with me at the time.. lol

so now I see it with the server merges

forever and a day it was "swg needs to merge the servers but they hate their customers so much and wont want to blah blah blah but everyone wants it blah blah blah evil sony for not listening to the player base"

now is "omg sony is evil they have merged the servers and although everyone that has taken part in it finds it to be a success .. because we can't criticise them for making what we said would be a positive move we will find a way to make it negative and call it a failure"

To any posters who are new here and have not been here long enough to watch the patterns.    Any issue yes any issue will somehow be turned into a negative even when its not.  You can and will be told your things that your not one day based on certain things you say and have that same person turn around and use the exact same example that was used in the opossite manner to call you whatever is wrong this week used now to prove exactly what you said.. I do believe now that I have watched about 5 issues come full circle on these boards that most of what is said is based not in reality just in a blind mindless tirade with absolutely no basis in truth any longer.  In fact I dont think they even know why they are here and what they are saying any longer just as long as they make a post and say something to keep the board alive.

There is also only actualy 3 of them... the rest are alts that got banned and they sign up again using other names and often post with more then one handle at a time

Oh well whatever floats your boat

The server merges were and are an unmitigated success and I cannot find another game that runs on multiple servers like this that is 5 years old that has not decreased the numbers of open servers.    Age does that and with SWG that is no exception. 

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

"Server merges were a failure. What's next? "

Flying Ewok Cherubs?

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I haven't experienced any lag on Chilastra at all...

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by ummax

I will always be amazed how something with a positive outcome can somehow be turned all negative on these boards.    Even "disgruntled vets" were chastizing sony for not implementing some sort of server merge and when they do.. its somehow a bad thing.    I have come to the conclusion based on how I have seen things in relation to things like my own posting habits and other issues on this forum like say "server merges" Whatever it is it will always be twisted to be somehow "bad" lol.   The same information will be used in two opposite ways at different times on this board its actually amazing beyond words at this point.

a) one month I say I only post on what I play when I"m asked about SWG posting and called a liar because I was posting on another game that I had only just stopped playing and so called on the fact that I lie based on this and that my posting history was not only in this forum..
    b) 2 months later that same posting history is used by the same identical poster as a way to criticise the fact that I only post on this forum (all of a sudden its reverse?) and now validating what I had been accused of ying about the other time.. I was not lying of course but it was necessary to call me a liar cause there was nothing else to do with me at the time.. lol
    forever and a day it was "swg needs to merge the servers but they hate their customers so much and wont want to blah blah blah but everyone wants it blah blah blah evil sony for not listening to the player base"
    now is "omg sony is evil they have merged the servers and although everyone that has taken part in it finds it to be a success .. because we can't criticise them for making what we said would be a positive move we will find a way to make it negative and call it a failure"
    To any posters who are new here and have not been here long enough to watch the patterns.    Any issue yes any issue will somehow be turned into a negative even when its not.  You can and will be told your things that your not one day based on certain things you say and have that same person turn around and use the exact same example that was used in the opossite manner to call you whatever is wrong this week used now to prove exactly what you said.. I do believe now that I have watched about 5 issues come full circle on these boards that most of what is said is based not in reality just in a blind mindless tirade with absolutely no basis in truth any longer.  In fact I dont think they even know why they are here and what they are saying any longer just as long as they make a post and say something to keep the board alive.
    There is also only actualy 3 of them... the rest are alts that got banned and they sign up again using other names and often post with more then one handle at a time
    The server merges were and are an unmitigated success and I cannot find another game that runs on multiple servers like this that is 5 years old that has not decreased the numbers of open servers.    Age does that and with SWG that is no exception. 

Transfers = good. 

Lag due to packet overload related to NGE combat speed = bad.

Ignoring technical feedback from players who are computer engineers = bad.

Implementing system with huge systemic flaws (i.e. NGE) and failing to correct said flaws in a timely manner = bad.

Maybe that clears things up a bit.

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144

Total Bullshit, i dont know if there is lag on other serws but on Chimaera i dont noticed any, i recently returned after 2 years to check whats the game look now, but apart gay flying ewoc event im satisfied. NGE was a disaster and i was one of the ppl who left one month after it. But now it's not so bad, after merges population raised, there is more content that pre nge swg ewer hawe, fact its not a sandbox mmo, there are some features i still dont like, but in my opinion even in that state is one of the most offering mmos on market.

Originally posted by ArcAngel3

Transfers = good. 

Implementing system with huge systemic flaws (i.e. NGE) and failing to correct said flaws in a timely manner = bad.

No I"m sorry It does not see I'm on starsider THE heaviest server

lag = none

period that's it

there was a network issue ON MY END at christmas time which is gone TOTALLY  my ping is 50 in low traffic areas and 125 in high traffic areas.  Packet loss since issues were fixed is 0% therefore lag = 0

so unless your like some of those people who live in australia with an initial ping of 700 there is no lag.  If you have a decent connection and computer there is no lag.   Lag is only occuring for those with crappy systems that belong in a museum.  The same lag I experienced when I started playing this game on a pIII with 256 meg of ram, but today now on my broadband connection with my dual core processor i have NO LAG.  I only experienced lag in this game recently due to my isp doing repairs.   The lag you refer to is the same lag that occured when this game was new those people for some reason cling to their pentiums with no ram and 64 meg cards and expect that they wont experience lag.  I experienced lag with that configuration, but today in the updated computer age that is 2009 with my actually outdated dual core processor (we are on quad cores now) I have no lag.  Read it again NO LAG. 

We play in the evening lots of us we get no lag our guild with the exception of those in places like australia or new zealand experience no lag none nada zip none no lag none .. its not there.. /shrug

Transfers = good. 

lag = none

period that's it

there was a network issue ON MY END at christmas time which is gone TOTALLY  my ping is 50 in low traffic areas and 125 in high traffic areas.  Packet loss since issues were fixed is 0% therefore lag = 0

so unless your like some of those people who live in australia with an initial ping of 700 there is no lag.  If you have a decent connection and computer there is no lag.   Lag is only occuring for those with crappy systems that belong in a museum.  The same lag I experienced when I started playing this game on a pIII with 256 meg of ram, but today now on my broadband connection with my dual core processor i have NO LAG.  I only experienced lag in this game recently due to my isp doing repairs.   The lag you refer to is the same lag that occured when this game was new those people for some reason cling to their pentiums with no ram and 64 meg cards and expect that they wont experience lag.  I experienced lag with that configuration, but today in the updated computer age that is 2009 with my actually outdated dual core processor (we are on quad cores now) I have no lag.  Read it again NO LAG. 

We play in the evening lots of us we get no lag our guild with the exception of those in places like australia or new zealand experience no lag none nada zip none no lag none .. its not there.. /shrug

Please go to the "Server Lag" thread on the oboards and tell the people there with very high end systems who are all experiencing server lag...many who are on Starsider...that there is zero lag.  I need a laugh today.

You do not know what you speak of.  You can have a low ping and still experience server lag.  If you do not know the difference you should probably not be speaking of such things.

edit - thanks for the drive by though...your posts always are enjoyable to read. 

--------

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by wilq

Total Bullshit, i dont know if there is lag on other serws but on Chimaera i dont noticed any, i recently returned after 2 years to check whats the game look now, but apart gay flying ewoc event im satisfied. NGE was a disaster and i was one of the ppl who left one month after it. But now it's not so bad, after merges population raised, there is more content that pre nge swg ewer hawe, fact its not a sandbox mmo, there are some features i still dont like, but in my opinion even in that state is one of the most offering mmos on market.

To many times have I seen people make that very same statement about the current game.  It is my experience as well when I log in.  The game isn't so bad compared to what is once was, but it isn't so good either.  Still lots of potential, but that has always been there.

As for the game having more content now than prior to the nge, I can only wonder what a non nge game would be like today if it also had the same three years to develope.  Something tells me expansion packs would not have stopped at 3 and would most likely be around 5-6 total. 

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

There was a server merge?

I don't see anything about that.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by miagisan

There was a server merge?
    I don't see anything about that.

MIght as well have been, the "from" servers are just about all totally dead, ala Kauri a few months ago at the last vet trial.

The "from" servers I have toons on my vet acct are so empty, that the credit farmers outnumber the actual searchable players. Guess the credit farmers didn't get the memo.

Servers are so dead, that anything not soloable is not doable, as there are next to no toons left.

But SWG has been going that way for some time now.

Transfers = good. 

lag = none

period that's it

Please go to the "Server Lag" thread on the oboards and tell the people there with very high end systems who are all experiencing server lag...many who are on Starsider...that there is zero lag.  I need a laugh today.

You do not know what you speak of.  You can have a low ping and still experience server lag.  If you do not know the difference you should probably not be speaking of such things.

edit - thanks for the drive by though...your posts always are enjoyable to read. 

I'm not experiencing any server lag this is not hard to understand. 

the transfer/merges were in fact a success and people are happy

these two points are undisputable for two reasons

1) i'm the one not experiencing the lag

2) i'm also having fun.

Many of us are in this situation, but some are not unfortunately the lag you speak of is confined to a minority and the packet loss was repaired (i think that has been stated).   Stop trying to make something of nothing

so read it again and understand

1) there is not the massive lag you are trying to make people believe

2) the server transfers were in fact a succes.  The title is a lie.  and well unfortunately its YOU that do not know what your talking about sorry.

3) when the packet loss was occuring PAST tense I too posted in that thread.  You see I experienced it too, but it has been fixed.  I"m from starsider you see and I know the thread you speak of.   so read slowly and understand they repaired their network issue of packet loss that was occuring.   The thread is a non issue for most, except for those that can't stop complaining even after something is repaired.

kinda like this thread.

so remember the transfers were a success.  The packet loss is gone and there is not the kind of lag that you claim there is.  We are back to having the lag that results from slow connections and crappy computers.

I do know what i am talking about and as someone who actually plays the game I can say unequivocally that the transfers were a success and I am not experiencing any packet loss and its actually true.  Unlike trolls who try to make issues of things that are in fact repaired non issues.  newsflash Your wrong!

a) they are repairing stuff and not blaming customers but people love to spread that crap

b) so far the fixes and repairs implemented have in fact worked.   I have again and i will repeat it so that maybe you might absorb and understand it not experienced any packet loss or server side lag for awhile since it was repaired.    The last time I played was yesterday evening (yes I did to the valentines day stuff.. cause and it was crowded)

c) I"m tired of the way people try to spin it like sony doesn't fix anything or even try.  This is a lie and like any game developer if its a game breaking issue they work on it as a priority.   Its pretty clear from the fixes that have been incoming with regards to their server side issues that they are working on it as it is improving. 

D) your wrong (again)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to let everybody know that we're still working on things and will be pulling some important data this week to help the process along.

Thank you,

-Dotanuki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

As for drive bye's yeah no sense in arguing with a troll who's only purpose is to make false statements and start threads with topic titles that are completely innacurate and just plain untrue.  

Transfers = good. 

lag = none

period that's it

2) i'm also having fun.

Many of us are in this situation, but some are not unfortunately the lag you speak of is confined to a minority and the packet loss was repaired (i think that has been stated).   Stop trying to make something of nothing

2) the server transfers were in fact a succes.  The title is a lie.  and well unfortunately its YOU that do not know what your talking about sorry.

3) when the packet loss was occuring PAST tense I too posted in that thread.  You see I experienced it too, but it has been fixed.  I"m from starsider you see and I know the thread you speak of.   so read slowly and understand they repaired their network issue of packet loss that was occuring.   The thread is a non issue for most, except for those that can't stop complaining even after something is repaired.

kinda like this thread.

so remember the transfers were a success.  The packet loss is gone and there is not the kind of lag that you claim there is.  We are back to having the lag that results from slow connections and crappy computers.

I do know what i am talking about and as someone who actually plays the game I can say unequivocally that the transfers were a success and I am not experiencing any packet loss and its actually true.  Unlike trolls who try to make issues of things that are in fact repaired non issues.  newsflash Your wrong!

LOL...ok...so everyone in the server lag thread is obviously lying...except you.  Gotcha.  Thanks for the laugh.  Please come again.

--------

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Ill tell you exactly what is next "blah blah blah blah Old accounts reactivated for a month come check out whats new in star wars blah blah blah"

Transfers = good. 

lag = none

period that's it

2) i'm also having fun.

kinda like this thread.

LOL...ok...so everyone in the server lag thread is obviously lying...except you.  Gotcha.  Thanks for the laugh.  Please come again.

Just wanted to let everybody know that we're still working on things and will be pulling some important data this week to help the process along.

Thank you,

-Dotanuki

Read and understand its repaired and improved its not ahrd to understand.  If there were packet loss i would be playing another game right now but I am not you see I returned last week because the packet loss was gone and the game was playable.  So try to understand that they have and are repairing it and you dont know what your talking about as usual and the server merges were in fact a success.   Sorry to burst your bubble of hate but the fact remains YOUR wrong.

Originally posted by aleos

Ill tell you exactly what is next "blah blah blah blah Old accounts reactivated for a month come check out whats new in star wars blah blah blah"

I think you will find most present players including myself could not care less if old inactives returned or not.  IN fact the laments and whining gets old fast.    Most of the present population simply plays to have fun and not drive others nuts.    What people have to accept is that people are returning and have returned and new players are picking up the game (omg its true..) as a result of a change in circumstances.    If the game were still in the shape it was when the nge was released I and others would not be playing and new players would not return.   Long gone is the time when the game did not function.  Its moved onward and works and as a result of that content is added.  I dont know what took sony so long to repair and quire frankly I dont care.  I just found out one day when I dusted off the disk and stuck it in my hard drive and installed the game and found it worked and I could play it.  I found I was having fun and so stayed.    So what once made me leave in the CU (heck i didn't even stick around for nge) has changed.   There is a reason to play now and it has nothing to do with what was it only has to do with what is.   Despite what people are claiming there is a game to be played there and a reason why people are picking it up again.   Its a simple reason really as like many every once and awhile we would login and see if it was fixed.  Low and behold one day amazingly it was fixed.    Why ? who knows or cares really..   Why did it remain unrepaired so long? I have not got a clue nor do I care.  I care about one thing.   The product that I resubscribed to and pay money for is a result of one thing and one thing only which is the fact that the game in fact is functioning and content exists to make me want to play it.   If you come back I really don't care its up to you to decide if there is a game to be played.  Most people who dont have this perpetual hate on tend to in fact have fun playing it.   So its time to adjust to the reality that yes people are in fact playing this game and there is nothing anyone can do to stop this from happening.   Everyone has their own eyes and a brain in their head and no amount of misleading threads with misleading titles will change what they in fact see and experience when they login and play.