Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP

HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

Ive been following this and earthrise for a while now and i wanted to know how the PvP works in this game. Because in earthrise its pretty hardcore with FFA and full pvp looting. How does the pvp system in this work in comparison with earthrise?

Comments

• HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

48 views and no replies? somebody must know a little something about it?

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

www.warcry.com/news/view/88159-Fallen-Earth-Crafting-and-PVP-Chat-Transcript (dev chat on PvP)

fallenearth.wikia.com/wiki/PvP

forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/ (official forums)

Dont think its full loot or FFA. Looks more like faction based PvP.

• CrelmCrelm Member Posts: 18

My understanding is that PvP in FE is zoned, but in those zones you can attack whoever you want, friend and foe alike. Every kill alters your ratings with the seven (including neutral) factions differently, regardless of who you think you align with best. Naturally, if your rating is really high with let's say the Techs, and you kill a Tech, you take a huge hit to faction rating with them.

ty for the links and info. looking at this i think this is a much better idea than earthrise because im not such a huge fan of full player looting and the complete FFA PvP anywhere would be very annoying

Well in ER you can insure your items and when you are killed they dont get looted but your killer gets a % of the value of what you paid to insure your items.

And while you can kill anyone ER has 2 major factions that are at war and killing a member of your own faction incurs a penalty of some sort. If you ran around killing anything that moved you will likely be classed a criminal and be an outcast (thou some will no doubt do so on purpose) and lose access to auction houses/major cities/etc. So while it may be FFA it also seems to have consequences which is how it should be.

I intend to try both. They both may be good games or not. We will see.

ah ok i didnt realise thats how the insurance system worked in ER i thought they took all your gear etc and you got insurance money to compensate. And i was aware that there are the 2 factions but i didnt realise you would be so heavily punished such as losing acces to towns etc for killing your own etc. The knowledge of this has made me slightly more interested in ER again. I do like the multiple factions that fallen earth is using because i think it provides more options to suit different players and provides more room for conflict in the story. Also FE has sniper rifles i believe whereas ER doesnt :P. But i guess at the end of the day im going to have to do more research on them to make a decision on which one to play.

Originally posted by HellsMajesty

Also FE has sniper rifles i believe whereas ER doesnt :P.

Not having snipers is a big plus for me. I prefer my pvp up close and personal. Getting killed before you ever see the enemy would get old quick for me.

i can see where your coming from and where it could get very frustrating but i always liked the idea of being a sniper in this kind of combat environment.

Yeah but i'm afraid that PvP just degenerates into a sniping game if its too powerful.

I used to love sniping in FPS'ers cause a) i was good at it and b) i sucked at close combat fighting but it just gets boring. Now i prefer up close and personal fighting even thou i still suck i can hold my own and i only go sniper if needed.

It all depends how its implemented. Will you need skill (wandering sights, need to go prone to aim properly, etc) or will it be like say TF2 where anyone can be a gun sniper.

• AllepAllep Member Posts: 6

Here is a link to a discussion in the Fallen Earth official forums.  It has the title "Everyone's thoughts on the role of the sniper in pve/pvp."

Granted, the game is still in NDA closed beta, but it has some predictions/facts/good information about the sniper if you're more interested in learning more about its role in FE.

ty for the link it was interesting to see what people thought was going to happen and to see opinions aswell. It does seem that they are doing a good job of balancing things like the sniper because i seem to remember reading that it will be very difficult to hit somebody who is moving when using a sniper, and of course there is the 100 metre range limit mentioned in the post to think about. Altogether i think it could be a very interesting addition to the gameplay. Perhaps if you could switch weapons during combat the sniper could be used to take the intial shot and then the player could switch to a melee weapon or a shotgun etc to finish the job.

• CrelmCrelm Member Posts: 18

I think I'd grab a friend and use him as bait while I crouched out of sight, then before the target could reach him I'd lay 'em low with a bullet. Or at least injure the target enough that my friend has zero problems finishing the job.

Lone gunmen (snipers alone) are for FPS games. In an RPG it should be more tactical. I'm not adverse to creeping up on an outpost and plugging a few from the hills, though from the sounds of it, sniping is a risky business. Might actually be great for ambushes. Crawl up on a hill, fire into a town, the enemies look for the shooter, spot him, and come running... right into seven or eight of my friends hidden on the other side of the hill.

Actually, sniping in FE is sounding pretty good.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

Yeah Crelm i'm glad they are balancing it well (it seems) between melee and ranged, specially how the groups will work, flanking and ambushes will be crucial.

I love how stealth just makes you quieter, so if you are keeping a close lookout you can still see people trying to backstab you :p Makes a lot of sense.

• RObarskyRObarsky Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by HellsMajesty

Perhaps if you could switch weapons during combat the sniper could be used to take the intial shot and then the player could switch to a melee weapon or a shotgun etc to finish the job.

You can. All combat in FE is real time like a FPS, and you can carry 6 weapons at a time. I'm interested to see how ranged vs. melee combat will turn out in FE. Its one of the main problems the Devs are focusing on, and I'm sure it will be the first to be studied, receive feedback on, and be balanced when the game launches

Currently playing: Halo 3, Team Fortress 2, Geometry Wars 2.
    Waiting for: Fallen Earth
    Past MMOs: FFXI, EvE Online, LOTRO.
    Betaed games: LOTRO, Tabula Rasa.