Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Combat Screens

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

To compliment today's interview with Champions Online Lead Designer Bill Roper, we present five new combat oriented screenshots from the upcoming superhero MMORPG.

Champions Online Screenshot

Take a look at the rest of the Champions Online Combat Screens.

Comments

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

Nice screenshots. I am still a bit skepitcal on the actualy gameplay.

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

"So far, Im not seeing anything thats blowing my skirt up."

C. Heston  "True Lies"

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,934

The art style makes the game look like it has terrible graphics.

• FomarThainFomarThain Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Lydon

The art style makes the game look like it has terrible graphics.

Yeah that is thing that I question. I see what they are saying about a superhero game looking like a comic book but I think it was a bad idea. I think it looks kinda weak and goofy. Course that is the very thing that may appeal to others but it just doesn't do it for me.

Gameplay is key no doubt but I have to like the way it looks as well. Graphics whore? Well I guess... maybe. I know I played CoX for two years and really like the way that looked. 

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,934
    Originally posted by FomarThain 
    Yeah that is thing that I question. I see what they are saying about a superhero game looking like a comic book but I think it was a bad idea. I think it looks kinda weak and goofy. Course that is the very thing that may appeal to others but it just doesn't do it for me.
    Gameplay is key no doubt but I have to like the way it looks as well. Graphics whore? Well I guess... maybe. I know I played CoX for two years and really like the way that looked. 

For me the problem with CoX wasn't the graphics, it was the art style. Everything just seemed so much dirtier than it was supposed to be. I was expecting at least a happy mood in some areas but it felt like I was "saving the world" for sweet nothing.

• draziusdrazius Member CommonPosts: 6

I'm waiting till I can see it in motion.. there are many times witht these kinds of art styles that screenshots don't do them justice at all... then you see it in actual motion and it makes all the difference.