Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your main reason for leaving AOC??

sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I think we needed this to clear up a few things and I know alot of quitters post in here

Comments

• ninjajucerninjajucer Member Posts: 219

Really it came down to gameplay. Playing a ranger that is designed for long range attacks, and being more of a lone wolf type character, is kind of hard to play when you hit 80. Everything is a raid dungeon then or an elite dungeon. The elite thing was really stupid, since if you like to solo yer kind of screwed.

As for the PVP aspect, soloing is great, of course when I left, it still wasn't working correctly.

No end game content and PVP that is actually worthwhile (guild vs. guild, etc.) makes a dull game.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Uhh.. I would play if i had a gfx card that could run it?

• WorgpestWorgpest Member Posts: 16

I did not ever leave, but if I am going to talk about what I think was most annoying, then that would be the Out of Memory errors and some of the now fixed bugs.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

As I said in the other post I quit the first month due to bugs. The game would constantly crash or I would get that evil 10k something something lag spike. It got to frustrating to play.

Came back late November early December and was night and day. I enjoy the game now.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• pronetpronet Member Posts: 13

I'd have to say it was the fact I was level 80 in two weeks and had absolutly nothing to do but pvp because the end game "raids" sucked so bad that crafted gear was 300x better in stats, on top of that i was a PoM and being as my healing spells were as good as health pots upset me.

• ObliviousXObliviousX Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by pronet

I'd have to say it was the fact I was level 80 in two weeks and had absolutly nothing to do but pvp because the end game "raids" sucked so bad that crafted gear was 300x better in stats, on top of that i was a PoM and being as my healing spells were as good as health pots upset me.

Maybe you need to go out sometimes.

As for me, because of the bugs. When the game came out i could hardly play it on the computer i had back then. Got a new computer not long after but i didnt bother with aoc thinking it would still be buggy as hell.

I recently went back and i'm happy i did.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Gameplay?  PFFT!!  Bugs?  PFFT!!

Try... Business Ethics.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

Well, I'm still playing and enjoying the game, but a good number of friends have left, which I'll summarise -

Friend 1 - assassin - left because of bugs (incl. problems with hiding).  Went to War, but not so pleased there either.

Friend 2 - left because of lack of content, but was difficult to make out through his ranting about not getting a particular piece of armour to drop :/

Friend 3 - left because of the break up of a relationship, so out-of-game issues

Friend 4 - left due to getting messed around with billing and issues surrounding DirectX9 update

Friends 5&6 - left because of issues surrounding the update of DirectX9.  They have said they may return one day.

Friend 7 - Left because of lack of players on the server, and didn't want to play a single player game

Friend 8 - avid RPer - think he left because of the lowish number of people to have RP fun with, including the departure of friend 4

Friend 9 - Explicitly stated it was due to bugs, but his guildmaster had been a bit of an ass earlier, so this may have contributed.

Friend 10 - Left fantasy MMOs altogether and is waiting on The Old Republic and Fallen Earth.

Interestingly, a couple of friends have also returned following an earlier departure.  They both said that they left, fully intending to return later when the bugs were ironed out....so put that down as technical (resolved)

I still have hopes that players 1, 5&6 will return, but we'll see....

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

first time I left was because of buggy patch followed by crap customer support and then once the issue was fixed boredom set in

second time was just boredom

I miss DAoC

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I left mainly because of the ganking. I just couldn't get anything done - it became impossible to level. I was being constantly ganked by higher level players so couldn't fight back and couldn't level to get to the point where I could fight back.

And don't suggest that I reroll on a PvE server. I wanted to particpate in open world PvP - I just didn't see how I could go about doing that.

• silkwormsilkworm Member Posts: 163

Really very simple gameplay. Having left Anarchy Online, I felt like AOC was meant to be played by people with intellectual disability.

• CrazyIvorCrazyIvor Member Posts: 50

Mainly because it felt like it was in the early stages of beta when it was released, there were too many bugs and glitches for my liking, there was little content towards the later levels and end game just didn't seem worth reaching.  Lastly i never felt like i enjoyed the game, i was sitting there just leveling for the sake of it, there was nothing new or exciting about the game for me, it just felt like i was playing something i'd played a few times previously.

Playing: Nothing
    Retired: Runescape, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, Guild Wars, WoW, EVE, Battleground Europe, LOTRO, AoC, WAR.
    Tried: Pretty much everything!

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

bugs, content,

On a side note if they payed me 50$ I would give it a 2nd try.

The 50$ i payed for the first try was not worth it.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Bugs, lack of content, boring, no pvp system in place, the "inovative" combat system was a joke compared to what they originally were going to do.  Severe lack of polish... They were many and of all the games I have played then quit, AOC is one that I really do not miss and have no desire to reinstall.

• MallarkyMallarky Member Posts: 73

I left because AOC felt like a single player game. The fact that all zones were instanced really annoyed me.  I don't mind some minor instancing, but the entire game was instanced. 

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

-Instances

-System requirements

-Stats on gear the didn't do anything

-TERRIBLE itemization

-Unfinished features

-The thought of having to redo all of Tortage again if I wanted to level an alt (ie. single starting area)

-Was already playing an mmo I liked better (not WoW)

• socrates656socrates656 Member Posts: 142

- Not enough content

- Boring endgame

- Crappy Instances

- Terrible Crafting System

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Left and came back later.

Nice and flashy package - Too bad that it is almost empty and what little was in there was not what I wanted.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

i think u should put also system requirements in the poll.

i would still play it if i could. and im sure the population will increase time by time when the system requirement isnt a handicap anymore.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Left due to bugs. Came back when everything got ironed out...

Having a blast!

• galwinganoongalwinganoon Member Posts: 3

Uninspired questing and the lack of a PvP reward system at launch.

• Lino82Lino82 Member Posts: 5

I left mainly because alot of my friends had left and there wasn't alot of teaming going on. Also at that time I was in my early lvl 60s and it was kind of an annoying point to get beyond at that time.

I never had any technical issues though. The game ran smoothly for me, no crashes, no lag, etc.

I've recently come back and I am having fun once again. Just need some more endgame raids and I'll be happy.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by openedge1

Left due to bugs. Came back when everything got ironed out...
    Having a blast!

Same here left after my first month becaus of all the bugs and memory leaks etc.

Had a break for around 2+ months. Since i came back i have had ALOT of fun playing AOC.

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

It is important to remember that the people with bugs and technical issues did not get a chance to enjoy the game play issues:

Also, the assassin thing mentioned earlier was not a bug.......FC decided to keep stealth pretty nerfed because every class in the game can stealth...imo a poor design decision for a supposed PvP game.

Aye, the deceptive advertising was a bit to much...the game  was supposed to have a PvP focus, but even today it's just thrown in..so they can advertise it.

The only real change AoC made to the genera was the devaluation of gear, which seems to lessons MMO player's motivation to do what little content AoC has to offer.........remember any raiding game you ever played? players stoped raiding when they could no longer progress.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I played for the first 3 months.  I had quite a bit of fun, however by the 3rd month all of my clanmates were upset with the game (I was only level 55/35 while most of them were at or near 80) and they all quit.

This, along with fact that everyone else seemed to be gone, towns were empty, forget ganking, there was a handlful of players anywhere.

So I mostly left out because of the sparse population.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon