Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP me find a game please.

texheretexhere Member Posts: 5

Hello guys

I am looking for a mmorpg game that would be a good fit for me I am hoping that someone in here will be able to help me find that game. Here is a little background on me and the games I have played.

Everquest: the game I started with so I guess it will always be a favorite. I played a bard and a necro. The things I loved about the game was solo play, how the game seemed to draw you in like you where really part of the game and the over all size of the game. Also I liked the first person view. Things I don’t like group play pushed way to much if you didn’t group you didn’t get anything good and the same thing on raids of 6+ hours. Also the fact that the game is dying now from what I can see.

Everquest2: In this game I played a wizard I love the solo play with this char. I liked the guild growing by quest that members did and you could do it solo as well. I liked to harvest stuff and the size of the game was good as well. I disliked once again having to group to get any of the good armor or weapons that you needed to continue to grow. Also this game did not really draw me in although I was in one of the top guilds at the time.

WOW: I played a Hunter in this game and once again I loved the solo play of this char. I Really enjoyed the world rare drops granted I only saw one in 60 levels but at least the chance was there and it always got me excited over a common mob kill. I am not really a person who plays much PVP so I didn’t like that part of the game and as most of you that have played knows if you don’t PVP or do raids your not going to have very good gear. As far as solo play goes this was close to the best that I have seen out there. I hated the last expansion that forced you to group to get faction to buy stuff you needed to advance.

Warhammer: I played an Ironbreaker didn’t play much of this game because I am not into PVP that much but for PVE playing an Ironbreaker was fine up till around level 20 then it started getting tough and really turned me off from the game.

FFXI: I played a warrior thief I love the Xbox option in this game. Unfortunately that is about all that I liked about it solo play was impossible and the combat I could not stand at all.

Silkroad Online: It was just a grind fest that didn’t seem to lead anywhere small world and did not draw me in at all I don’t mind the grind even like it when I am soloing but it needs to feel that I am getting somewhere. I do love the squirrel that gathered the drops for you.

SWG: I played a combat medic I liked setting up harvesting machines and going to check them I loved the size of the game but it got to a point where it felt like the only thing to do in the game was make money.

Vanguard: I liked some of the quest that let me solo for items but the game never felt quite right it felt like it was off just a bit the world was big but most of it seemed dead.

Guild wars: Could not stand the third person view the only thing I think I liked about the game was hiring NPCs to help you.

So I guess if I had to make a list of what I am looking for in a game it would be as follows.

1. Solo play is a must and not just to go out and level I have never understood these games that say you must group or raid to get the best gear. I know that people say if you don’t want to group why play a mmorpg. I can answer that pretty easily a 4 year old. I have to get up from time to time to take care of her most groups unless they are RL friends tend to frown on this.

Also I like listening to the stuff in general chat or even talking in general chat but that does not mean that I want to group with anyone.

I also hear why should a solo player get the good armor if they are not willing to put in the time for it by raiding and that’s pretty easy to. I pay to play just like a raider or grouper why can’t there be solo quest that give good stuff and if you where not solo you could not get credit for the stuff. Something like if you kill this group named you get this to drop, or if you do the solo quest and kill 10,000 skellys that take you two weeks to do you get it as well. But you can not group to do it or you don’t get credit for the kill. By doing it this way it would take the soloer longer to get the items but it would still be possible to get instead of (group, raid or get nothing attitude).

2. The game needs to draw me in to a point.

3. It needs to have first person view.

4. PVE first environment I don’t mind PVP but I want a game that is based around PVE first. And I really don’t want to be ganked if it must have PVP there needs to be an option to stay out of it.

5. I like the way WOW done world drops it is not required but it would be nice.

I think that is about it I don’t know if there is any game out there that are close to my needs. I would appreciate any help ya’ll are willing to give to help me find the game I am looking for.

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Maybe HellGate London, though we don't know if HanbitSoft will be able to publish the game for NA or Europe (due to EA and their partners). The game has a first person shooter, PvE based, can be solo, the story is similar to Diablo 2 so if you didn't like D2 you won't like this one (if I remember FlagShip studios were ex-staff at Blizzard). If the game is released F2P in NA than I'd suggest you give it a look.

With such stricts requirement and the need to be able to solo/no Open World PvP, I'd suggest you play a RPG (not MMO) like The Elder Scroll, FallOut, Mount&Blade etc. These games are very popular with great scores and there's many ways to complete the game. These games all meet your requirements except they are not MMOs.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

did you play vanguard RECENTLY?   there's a free trial nowadays.  make sure to choose SERADON server if you like your world to not seem lifeless.

i think its an especially good choice, since eq1 was one of your faves AND because you played a bard.

the bard's in Vanguard are very unique and well done.  you can make your own songs from components.  choosing how many effects you have going at once (without 'twisting;), and how powerful the effects.  the flipside is that you're choosing between songs that you can keep up constantly and ones that drain your energy (to varying degrees) faster than you regain it.  also you can make macros that allow you to change your weaponset and play a new song, so one button sets you up perfectly

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130

Like you, I don't like to group much or raid much.  I've been playing LOTRO for about a year now and would highly recommend it for you.

1.  You can solo and there are lots of solo quests and some solo instances. 

2.  People tend to solo or duo by and large.  There are also 3 people instances that are a lot of fun.

3.  When you need to group, its easy to get a group because people (usually complete strangers) just group for instances and then disband and go their own way.

4.  PvP is a la DAOC, where there are zones specifically designed for PvP.  So, you will not be ganked unless you feel like PvP'ing and go to those zones to do it.  Also, like DAOC, pvp has a purpose and goal to it and can be fun because you do it only when you want to.

5.  Crafted gear is very good.  Crafting is excellent.  You harvest like in EQ2.  In fact a dedicated good crafter and/or harvester can make tons of money to buy almost anything he/she needs.

If you have nothing to do right now, I would give LOTRO a try.  There is a free trial going on RIGHT NOW!!! so it costs you nothing to try it out.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by texhere

Hello guys
    I am looking for a mmorpg game that would be a good fit for me I am hoping that someone in here will be able to help me find that game. Here is a little background on me and the games I have played.
    Everquest: the game I started with so I guess it will always be a favorite. I played a bard and a necro. The things I loved about the game was solo play, how the game seemed to draw you in like you where really part of the game and the over all size of the game. Also I liked the first person view. Things I don’t like group play pushed way to much if you didn’t group you didn’t get anything good and the same thing on raids of 6+ hours. Also the fact that the game is dying now from what I can see.
    Everquest2: In this game I played a wizard I love the solo play with this char. I liked the guild growing by quest that members did and you could do it solo as well. I liked to harvest stuff and the size of the game was good as well. I disliked once again having to group to get any of the good armor or weapons that you needed to continue to grow. Also this game did not really draw me in although I was in one of the top guilds at the time.
    WOW: I played a Hunter in this game and once again I loved the solo play of this char. I Really enjoyed the world rare drops granted I only saw one in 60 levels but at least the chance was there and it always got me excited over a common mob kill. I am not really a person who plays much PVP so I didn’t like that part of the game and as most of you that have played knows if you don’t PVP or do raids your not going to have very good gear. As far as solo play goes this was close to the best that I have seen out there. I hated the last expansion that forced you to group to get faction to buy stuff you needed to advance.
    Warhammer: I played an Ironbreaker didn’t play much of this game because I am not into PVP that much but for PVE playing an Ironbreaker was fine up till around level 20 then it started getting tough and really turned me off from the game.
    FFXI: I played a warrior thief I love the Xbox option in this game. Unfortunately that is about all that I liked about it solo play was impossible and the combat I could not stand at all.
    Silkroad Online: It was just a grind fest that didn’t seem to lead anywhere small world and did not draw me in at all I don’t mind the grind even like it when I am soloing but it needs to feel that I am getting somewhere. I do love the squirrel that gathered the drops for you.
    SWG: I played a combat medic I liked setting up harvesting machines and going to check them I loved the size of the game but it got to a point where it felt like the only thing to do in the game was make money.
    Vanguard: I liked some of the quest that let me solo for items but the game never felt quite right it felt like it was off just a bit the world was big but most of it seemed dead.
    Guild wars: Could not stand the third person view the only thing I think I liked about the game was hiring NPCs to help you.

So I guess if I had to make a list of what I am looking for in a game it would be as follows.
    1. Solo play is a must and not just to go out and level I have never understood these games that say you must group or raid to get the best gear. I know that people say if you don’t want to group why play a mmorpg. I can answer that pretty easily a 4 year old. I have to get up from time to time to take care of her most groups unless they are RL friends tend to frown on this.

Also I like listening to the stuff in general chat or even talking in general chat but that does not mean that I want to group with anyone.

I also hear why should a solo player get the good armor if they are not willing to put in the time for it by raiding and that’s pretty easy to. I pay to play just like a raider or grouper why can’t there be solo quest that give good stuff and if you where not solo you could not get credit for the stuff. Something like if you kill this group named you get this to drop, or if you do the solo quest and kill 10,000 skellys that take you two weeks to do you get it as well. But you can not group to do it or you don’t get credit for the kill. By doing it this way it would take the soloer longer to get the items but it would still be possible to get instead of (group, raid or get nothing attitude).

4. PVE first environment I don’t mind PVP but I want a game that is based around PVE first. And I really don’t want to be ganked if it must have PVP there needs to be an option to stay out of it.
    I think that is about it I don’t know if there is any game out there that are close to my needs. I would appreciate any help ya’ll are willing to give to help me find the game I am looking for.

Given your criteria and what you have played I would say Lord of the rings.

1, You can play until level cap as solo. However, there are epic quests which are very much worth doing yet some of them you will need a group. I am predominantly a solo player and have gotten to 58 without any issues. I know of people who have done the last two levels solo so it is very possible. You can't do everything solo but a lot can be done solo.

2, If you enjoy some reading and a rich lore based world then it will draw you in. The game is very sublime and gets a bit more "exciting by late teens. Though that is subjective. Some never get drawn in and some get drawwn in immediately.

3, It does have a  first person view and you can play the entire game this way if you wanted. Not sure how easy it would be but sometimes I put the game in first person to view my fight with an enemy. Still, the game is predominantly a third person view game as the first person can seem a bit weird. More like a very mobile camera moving along in first person.

4, Though  it has pvp it is a pve game.

5, I have no idea what you are saying in sentence 5. What is a world drop?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

You reject Guild Wars for using a third person view, and then list a bunch of other games that also use a third person view?!

• texheretexhere Member Posts: 5

Thanks guys maybe i will give LOTR a try

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

I get it if you dont like 3rd person views, i have the perfect game for you: its called counter strike.

Now you might have noticed top left of your screen thaere is that acronym in blue letters: mmorpg.

The rpg part should have made you realise that 99% of the games here are 3rd person games.

Your on the wrong website, move along.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

Thanks guys maybe i will give LOTR a try

LOTRO is prettty much like WOW and EQ2.....They all feel like pretty much the same game in a different skin......If you want something totally different than what you have played then try Atlantica Online..... Its very solo friendly (can group up also and long distance parties are a nice bonus) and has unique combat and strategy.......It isnt perfect by any means but is different and some people really love it.....Also its free to download and free to play.

• thezadthezad Member Posts: 3

wall of text detected

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by thezad

wall of text detected

that doesn't even sound attractive

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Hello guys

Given your criteria and what you have played I would say Lord of the rings.

1, You can play until level cap as solo. However, there are epic quests which are very much worth doing yet some of them you will need a group. I am predominantly a solo player and have gotten to 58 without any issues. I know of people who have done the last two levels solo so it is very possible. You can't do everything solo but a lot can be done solo.

2, If you enjoy some reading and a rich lore based world then it will draw you in. The game is very sublime and gets a bit more "exciting by late teens. Though that is subjective. Some never get drawn in and some get drawwn in immediately.

3, It does have a  first person view and you can play the entire game this way if you wanted. Not sure how easy it would be but sometimes I put the game in first person to view my fight with an enemy. Still, the game is predominantly a third person view game as the first person can seem a bit weird. More like a very mobile camera moving along in first person.

4, Though  it has pvp it is a pve game.

5, I have no idea what you are saying in sentence 5. What is a world drop?

A world drop is a very rare item that is dropped by a common mob, in open area(not in dungeons or the sort) the drop rate for the avg "good" drop are usually 1 in a 1,000 up to 1 in a 100,000 for those Super rare epic drops. 

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless