Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs posts highlights of coming Updates (Jan)

VG is approaching its 2 year birthday.  Many major improvements have been made.  Among those include marked improvement in performance and the highly enjoyed 14 free trial Isle of Dawn.  Looking forward here is an excerp of what is coming in the next few updates.

1. Pantheon of the Ancients Dungeon – 6 man dungeon
  2. Pantheon Raid Dungeon – “Halls of Shattered Souls”
  3. Appearance slots
  4. Level cap increase to 55!
  5. A Customer-Popular-Request-Update – We’ve been conducting some polls on the forums to gather your interest on what you would like to see in Vanguard – Please check the forums to get up to speed on this topic http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=43559
  6. Garuzamut Encounter
  7. Alternate Advancement
  8. Class Specific Weapons!
  9. New Hair Styles! Can you believe it? All we need now are Tails! (but that’s not on the immediate plan though J)
  10. Nexus 6 man dungeon
  11. Nexus Raid Dungeon

Here is the post link http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=44086.

Comments

• FarandirFarandir Member UncommonPosts: 111

Looks really nice! Bad part is that this probably means the end of Randolph though, gonna miss him a lot.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Well I am glad they continue to work on this game, I really had a heart for this one.

One day my pc will be able to run it the way I like to play games

• FarandirFarandir Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Hrica

Well I am glad they continue to work on this game, I really had a heart for this one.
    One day my pc will be able to run it the way I like to play games

Welcome if you do join us!

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

He allways comes back :P Every year we will be Greated by his Shinny Butt :P

And HELL YES MORE HAIR!

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

The Vanguard team must be a great team because they have made some really great choices about taking this game to the next level. 

The poll I looked at on the official forum was interest, seems to be that 25% of the participants want the devs to focus on bug fixes and at least 25% want the devs to focus on raiding.

• Alt Advancement
    • Expanded Group Content
    • Class Specific Items

I would love to see, and experience, all of these - especially Alt Advancement.  Too many games have "specialization" without real customization or the ability to develop your character to a certain end but down a different path, so to speak. 

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

One detail on Alternate Advancement I saw was that they were modeling it after EQ and not EQ2 or any other game.  Personally I think this is a good thing.  I liked how eq did there AA system best.

---
    Ethion