Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox joypad for the PC, does it work?

well thats pretty much my question, I am downloading the trial and while updating, that question was nagging me...

Comments

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

yes it does work perfectly - will have to set up all the bindings first though.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

yes i have an adapter for the pc for my xbox 360 controller. the adapter cost about 20 dollars at your local electronics store or you can buy it bundled with a 360 controller. i like the 360 controller its my favorite console controller ever made and i use it for sports games and racing games on the pc

• curiousdaoccuriousdaoc Member Posts: 203

It will work just fine.

As a matter of fact, playing FFXI with a controller makes things so much simpler (speaking from a PC Gamer perspective), you will absolutely love not having to use the keyboard much. I think I was able to bind literally everything I needed, except for one single function that I had to use space for, to the controller.

It will improve your experience dramatically.

• HELLBITCHHELLBITCH Member Posts: 87

Erm I HAVE NO IDEA...how to bind it, or binding at all for that matter.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by HELLBITCH

Erm I HAVE NO IDEA...how to bind it, or binding at all for that matter.

Read this forum here on how to get a 360 Controller to work on FFXI for PC!

In the same top post is this DL of a PDF walkthrough with images as well!

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I use PS2 Controller for playing.

thnx for all the info, but the software doesn't seem to be working on Vista. It does not recognise th controller.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by HELLBITCH

thnx for all the info, but the software doesn't seem to be working on Vista. It does not recognise th controller.

Hrm, did some research and supposedly the drivers are built into Vista but nobody knows how to access them or find them yet, but I did find this site:

Microsoft Download Gaming Software

See if any of those Vista 32bit/64bit Drivers work for ya.  I also read that some claim you have to have the wired USB controller and others claim that the wireless version with Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. is required.  ...and finally make sure the controller you have says specifically labeled as 'for windows'...

no use... Anyone else know of a way to bind the controller without having to rely on this program¿