Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game still worth The money to buy?

redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I've always been intrested in this game, even tried to make an account more than once,(faild both times(long story) and I went back and checked it out again, it's about $50Au for me to buy, so I thought I would ask,

What's it like?

Is it worth it and why?

How solo-able is it? - I don't mind groups, just quicker to get things done by myself,( which in the end, leaves me more time for my ingame freinds)

What's the billing service like now?

what's the ingame economy like?

How many patches are there? - I'm at #166 and downloading, anyone know how many more to go?

Thank's for any replies! :)

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

O..K  it's that good huh?

Back to Anarchy Online then..

cya bye.

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

I think your better off trying on the official forums, not many players come here.

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

I think your better off trying on the official forums, not many players come here.

I've had the same problem as the OP.  I'm sure it went down like this.  Download client, try to create account via paypal or click2play, and on PayPall you get some sort of certificate error, and click2play tells you you're country is not supported to make payments (in my case it list the US as supported but thinks I'm not in the US.. eventhough I am... very weird)

I even went on their forums to check out some posts and found some issues that they have had near christmass with some posters their claiming to have problems with one payment method or the other. 

And here's the bad part, I created an account so that I could post my problem there, and the administration settings don't allow new users to post... part of their rules that you need a game account tide in to their forums ID.  So basically I have a useless ID that I can't post my problem to them.  I think this might be the OP's problem as well.

It's too bad as that game does look interesting, and has a type of sci-fi Cyberpunk quality that I would have liked to have tried out myself.

Good Luck to the OP, and let's cross our fingers that someone here might come up with a solution for us both.

This was actually my second attempt, I tried about six months ago and got the same problem, so nothing has changed in awhile, I'm really enjoying Anarchy Online, it catering to my cyberpunk/Si-Fi tastes quite nicely, especially since TR died, so I wouldn't bother any more with Necron2, maybe one day they will get a clue and start to wonder why it's so quite in game and why they haven't seen a new player in six months or more, I'd hate to be the guy in there office who has to say,"Oh you mean that PayPal certificate!?!"

Cheers for the reply hidden1!

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by redcap036

This was actually my second attempt, I tried about six months ago and got the same problem, so nothing has changed in awhile, I'm really enjoying Anarchy Online, it catering to my cyberpunk/Si-Fi tastes quite nicely, especially since TR died, so I wouldn't bother any more with Necron2, maybe one day they will get a clue and start to wonder why it's so quite in game and why they haven't seen a new player in six months or more, I'd hate to be the guy in there office who has to say,"Oh you mean that PayPal certificate!?!"
    Cheers for the reply hidden1!

I was finally able to make an account.  And since Click2Pay and PayPall didn't worked for me, I got in using Ultimate Game Card.  Had to buy a bunch of them from my nearest 7/11. 

Just got in on the tutorial.  Have picked a Job of Hacker w/ a class of Spy.  Hopefully this will be a fun starter character.

One more thing about the Tutorial area.  I've just been hanging out in it for a while, just listening and enjoying the music.  The world background makes me feel as I just stepped into a Bladerunner movie.  Well that's just the tutorial part.  Let's see how I enjoy the rest of this game.

To anyone in the states having trouble making an account, I suggest getting a few Ultimate Game Cards from your nearest 7/11 or go on their website as I saw an option to purchase the cards electronically.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

Good luck everyone, hope to see you in Neocron 2

Sorry these game cards won't work for me, gotta be in the us or canada to buy them, i'm in austraila, but the fact that you got in is great, you can do a mmorpg.com kinda update for us,

-What's the population like?

- how big does it feel to you?

- how freindly?

-How retro are the graphics?

- Any chance of a few new ingame screen shot?

-What's the gameplay like now in 2009?

- Can we solo it and how easy is it to group?

it will be a while for me to come in and play, the game for me is $50 au to buy only, please keep coming back and give us a quick updates about this game, it will most likly happen that i will buy the game based on what you find out but it, so thank you for the replies and feedback about the game,

cheers!

• Originally posted by redcap036

Sorry these game cards won't work for me, gotta be in the us or canada to buy them, i'm in austraila, but the fact that you got in is great, you can do a mmorpg.com kinda update for us,
      - how freindly?
    it will be a while for me to come in and play, the game for me is $50 au to buy only, please keep coming back and give us a quick updates about this game, it will most likly happen that i will buy the game based on what you find out but it, so thank you for the replies and feedback about the game,
    cheers!

/bump

Please answer these questions someone, im sure alot of people want to know the same thing.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

30-120 players on the English server

The world feels very big. There are 20-30 "zones" in the city separted by loading (sycronizing) and a huge grid of zones in the Wastelands. Unfortunately other than a few of the city zones the world is empty of players, even more so than Vanguard, but there are things to see or explore in most of the zones.

- how freindly?
    About 1 out of 15 people are friendly. 90% of non LE'd (pvp enabled) will kill you if you have your LawEnforcement (brain implant) taken out.

If you can stand playing with Unreal Tournament (1999) graphics you should be OK.
    I'd post some but taking screenshots has been broken for sometime- gives you an idea of how bugged the game is.
    The pve gameplay is somewhat slow  and involves a lot of hiding but pvp is fast paced (look at youtube pvp vids). Compared to games now it lacks some depth but the question is very general.
    You can solo but it is dull doing so alone and later levels gets very hard gaining xp depending on your class. In combat XP is gained by the damage you deal instead of by npc kill. Playing in a team is a much better way to level as you give other teammates some xp instead of sharing kill XP. Also playing with a passive psi user(healer/buffer) in the team makes leveling faster and fighting high rank monsters possible.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

-What's the population like?small but friendly
      - how big does it feel to you?huge, best game world I've come across so far from riding the underground to my bike, even has a red light district
      - how freindly?
    -How retro are the graphics?graphics are patchy but overall i have to say I like the look of this game
    -What's the gameplay like now in 2009?alot better than the standard wow clones, it's an mmorpg/fps so there's a real sense that it's you ingame rather than a picture on your screen also a lot more than the standard 2 factions to fight for

- Can we solo it and how easy is it to group? been soloing so far no probs
    it will be a while for me to come in and play, the game for me is $50 au to buy only, please keep coming back and give us a quick updates about this game, it will most likly happen that i will buy the game based on what you find out but it, so thank you for the replies and feedback about the game, you can currently playing the game for free btw
    cheers!

for anyone interested I would have to say this is a good game but has an 'unfinished' quality to it both in graphics and gameplay