Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Technology Has Changed Preperation in Eve

JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Game sites are blocked to me at work, including Eve Online. I'm not allowed to use work pc's on gaming sites. They are blocked.  Then comes the smart phones...well actually the internet phones. A phone with a chip where the internet, e-mailing, and messaging are the most important aspects. The phone is the afterthought.

I really love crunching numbers and now with cellular internet connections I can research anything I want. What fasinates me about Eve is the physics and no matter what your setup is you can ask if it's the best and the correct answer is always "it depends". The game is strategy personified. It's like the scrabble of board games (which I like to play but my sister is so much better it becomes annoying when I play her). I enjoy the statistical nature of the game.  You can make unorthidox builds by trying to outguess the opponent. Knowledge (experience) in this game is king, not how long you've played.Accomplishments are earned.

One last thing if you really good at what you do you get noticed. If you out compete others in Eve in any aspect of the game you should be prepared for RL problems. I wouldn't think they would be that much different than what you learned in Eve.