Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just bought this game last week and it is **absolutely amazing**

Comments

• WorgpestWorgpest Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by benzjie

Originally posted by Worgpest

Originally posted by Draklon

Originally posted by tormunda

Finally you get past lev 20 and find out the rest of the game has no content worth playing.

So far, I disagree.

Lots of gaming friends of mine share your opinion, and for a long time i shared that opinion as well. But that opinion is based on the "old" AoC and not the "current" AoC.

When i returned, i found that some friends are still playing But yeah... they're playing on different servers so now i have different characters on different servers

58 Necromancer on Crom-PvE, 42 Tempest of Set on Aquilonia (PvP-RP, transferred away from Fury PvP), 23 Tempest of Set on Skullcrusher (PvP fresh start), and just started a Bear Shaman on Blackscar (PvE fresh start). All on EU servers btw ;)

While levelling my Necromancer i was using an outdated levelling guide and suddenly i found this area (Ymir's pass) that wasn't in the guide. They just added a whole area for 50-60 during my "break" from AoC

On endgame, i can't really comment since i haven't experienced it yet. And if i continue swapping between characters it'll take ages before i get to see endgame

I am redoing Ymirs Pass now. I agree with you, this zone keep your interest from beginning to end. Fun Stuff with very varied content. I liked in Particular that idiot son of one of the Chiefetains. The guy that join you to wage war and kill all the other tribes...lol... and when all quests are done he gave me a fcking arm as gift. Hahaha.. how sick is that. lol. Ymirs Pass is a fun zone.

so..after Ymirs pass there's only 30 levels to do..and as from 70 ..it realy gets exiting. <- sarcasm ..especially when you do it for the 3rd time. Gimme a break. And with DX10..it won't get better.  The same shite will only look better.

Hate all that you want but get it right! Ymirs pass is lvl 55-65. And in total you can get to level 80 in AoC.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

You did not go into much detail and one week, are you out of the marketing ploy known as Tortage?

BTW it;s a well known fact that Funcom employees and a few players are trying to hype up the game.

Seriously, I liked the first 20 levels as well, as did everyone....wait until you play through the game and see how shallow that epic quest is and how little there is to do after the 60s.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317

Have fun with AOC

I had a very very bad feeling about this game at launch. I was beta tester  and canceled my CE preorder at launch, after the open beta. 

Bought this game 8 months after the release, found a CE for 30euros with 1 month and I agree with the OP. Bought it because was bored by Warhammer online (I have the two games, and I have 2 actives subs: play both War and AOC for the moment. People are coming back to AOC; I play alone in War since few days...Rvr is dead in T1/T2 even in "big servers", saw maybe 20 players in Altdorf :/  Don't know if I'm going to take another month to War but I'm sure to take another month to AOC)

This game is amazing now, FC improved this game a lot since the release. Works better than War in my computer (trust me or not i don't care) War has lags etc, even when I'm alone in an area, it's a pain. 

AOC is great, impressive and works perfectly NOW. AOC has actually one of the best community (same than Lotro's cty in PVE servers). War's community is nice too, people coming from DAOC.

FC must create more content for HL now. But this game is IMO the greatest since Lotro.

AOC needs more content for sure, for HL. But it's a good game. 

i'm waiting now for Anarchy Online 's rewamp

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by gessekai332

So last week I was wandering around mmorpg forums looking for a new game to play. I was getting bored to death of WAR and all the other older mmo's tired me out. I wanted a game that combined great pve but also great pvp as well.  Somehow I stumbled upon all these "Age of Conan is making a comeback!" threads. I thought they were lying at first or just overhyping it, but I was getting desperate for a game so I decided to try it out.
    But wow, I am so lucky I did. The quests are really in-depth and enjoyable for an mmorpg(cut scenes?? seriously??), it runs beautifully on my computer with no crashes at all (i bought my comp from dell for $800 2 yrs ago), there is an awesome storyline (one that competes with guild wars as far as mmo's go), and there is awesome pvp to boot. But most of all, it has what all these other crappy ass western mmorpg's for some reason did not incorporate into their system- fun factor in killing a monster! the hits feel and sound great plus at the end u have a chance of doing a fatality (i did not expect this at all). What is more humiliating to another player than cutting off his head when you kill him?? But yeah I am so happy I found this game, I have been playing it non stop for a week. I feel really sad that I wasted several months of my life on WAR (1-2 months should have been sufficient). I was also really excited to find out that it had a really cool combat system where player skill ACTUALLY matters, and you cant just sit their mashing buttons.
    But yeah, I loved this game so much i actually got one of my friends to register to play the game a few nights ago and he loves it too.
    I do not know what all you veteran players had to deal with in the past with Funcom but so far I'm happy with everything. Really... I love this game lol.
    EDIT: Last of all, I would like to thank all the good people in this forum that are promoting this great game and getting new players to join- I would never have found out about this game without your help. Please keep up the good work!

Yeah, combat is fun in AoC. It do still need a lot more content to be truly great. That and some PvP issues is the current problems of AoC but it is fun to play.

I do think it needs it's first expansion to be the game I want it to be.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I just bought WAR a few days ago, and I've never cancelled and uninstalled a game so fast, that I payed full price for.  What a waste of $40.  So, I still needed something to play, and hesitantly thought I'd give AoC a try, dreading another MMORPG-style letdown.

..but, no, I'm actually having fun.  I can see the game will have lots of your basic MMORPG issues as far as longterm play goes.  I may get bored and quit before getting anywhere near the level cap.  but for now, I'm enjoying it.  From character creation, to the starter story, to the unique combat mechanics, the all the little details that make it feel like a real game.

Unlike WAR, where so much is missing that might be considered fluff, that it feels like only half a game.  Might have a good endgame, unlike AoC, but I'd have to be able to stand playing it for that to matter.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by Molepudding

OP, I might buy AoC, but only if the characters look good? What do you think about the characters? Do they look any good?

Yes, they look good

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Vhaln

I just bought WAR a few days ago, and I've never cancelled and uninstalled a game so fast, that I payed full price for.  What a waste of $40.  So, I still needed something to play, and hesitantly thought I'd give AoC a try, dreading another MMORPG-style letdown.
    ..but, no, I'm actually having fun.  I can see the game will have lots of your basic MMORPG issues as far as longterm play goes.  I may get bored and quit before getting anywhere near the level cap.  but for now, I'm enjoying it.  From character creation, to the starter story, to the unique combat mechanics, the all the little details that make it feel like a real game.
    Unlike WAR, where so much is missing that might be considered fluff, that it feels like only half a game.  Might have a good endgame, unlike AoC, but I'd have to be able to stand playing it for that to matter.

Hopefully we will see a continued effort to push out high more high level content. I think players especially new ones to the game like to know there is lots of stuff to still do when they reach max level. The next patch will help and looks like the immediate focus is in this area too.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I really enjoyed this game up to level 60 or so.  I had fun through all the bugs and such, but after resubbing last month I think it would take a few more months of focus on itemization, getting a reasonable economy going, content, content, content, and then maybe I could stick with it. 

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

ya im thinkin about trying aoc out again ive been getting bored of wow and war and i heard that aoc has been improving alot lately. what are the next patches for aoc? when is dx10 avalible?

Originally posted by xbellx777

ya im thinkin about trying aoc out again ive been getting bored of wow and war and i heard that aoc has been improving alot lately. what are the next patches for aoc? when is dx10 avalible?

These should help:

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/221321/Update-104-notes-Test-Server-had-an-update-today.html

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/217947/page/1

All depends on when they feel it is ready. Still a little ways off imo, but coming along nicely.

• Hamrtime2Hamrtime2 Member Posts: 360

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Hopefully we will see a continued effort to push out high more high level content. I think players especially new ones to the game like to know there is lots of stuff to still do when they reach max level. The next patch will help and looks like the immediate focus is in this area too.

There really isnt anything to do at max level. Even 9 months after release and people are still quiting because theyre bored. You can talk till your face turns blue and its not gonna change the fact that most people quit a month or two after they hit 80.

Originally posted by Hamrtime2

There really isnt anything to do at max level. Even 9 months after release and people are still quiting because theyre bored. You can talk till your face turns blue and its not gonna change the fact that most people quit a month or two after they hit 80.

In a month or two there will be tarantia commons a whole high level zone. In the next month there will be 2 high end dungeons going on live release. In a month or two there will be a better crafting situation in place + re-itemisation and further down the road extra pvp levels etc etc.

You know there is a quote out there that states FC will provide enough game play for 9 months which also happens to be the average amount of time a player plays mmorpg's according to Lord British lol.

At the end of the day bugs are not what they used to be and things are moving forward with actual decent new additions to the game.

Is it thin right now, yep, I wouldn't argue with you there but it is not a very specific statement and assumes everyone has the same tastes and what not. I mean I remember you being a huge promoter and fan of WAR and yet you left? if I remember right? Which is something I keep reading here on the first page of the AoC boards from WAR vets. I think AoC's endgame is not as boring as other games I hear about because it appeals to my specific tastes, things are not given to you.

• spriggannysprigganny Member UncommonPosts: 31

Its nice to hear you are enjoying bcoz i hated the game. Maybe losing 33 servers helped the population some. Give it some time you will see that the game is not that good.

• spriggannysprigganny Member UncommonPosts: 31

You are so right. I quit 2 days after hitting 80. I never seen a game so thin on end game content.

Originally posted by sprigganny

Its nice to hear you are enjoying bcoz i hated the game. Maybe losing 33 servers helped the population some. Give it some time you will see that the game is not that good.

It did not lose 33 servers lol. It merged half and then added 4 more, plus there will be another 6 or so from other country specific servers coming. Still has more servers than a lot of other games out there.

It is a shame you felt you saw everything to do after level 80 in 2 days, which I find hard to believe. I still haven't mastered my crafting professions yet all this time on, nor gotten the raid gear I wanted, nor attained a high level of PvP.

It is not perfect but there is enough content out there for most still to keep the money rolling in to add more :)

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

endgame? there is no endgame.

but 1-80 it is the best mmo out hands down. I would be still playing it until another game comes out but it stopped working with my new ISP.

My blog: image

• SanguiniaSanguinia Member Posts: 235

I would love to play this game, as I am a Conan fan since childhood. Alas, the canIplayit website said I cannot play this on my computer. *sadpanda*

What Happened With SWG Went Down YEARS AGO! Please Try To Stop Whining About It In Every Thread I Read. Mourn It, And Finally MOVE ON With Your Lives! Thanks A Heap.

Originally posted by Consensus

but 1-80 it is the best mmo out hands down. I would be still playing it until another game comes out but it stopped working with my new ISP.

Which ISP is that mate? I used to try Virgin when I was back over that way, but that was pre AoC. First I was with Pipex good old DOS based, had a stint with BT rip off's and AOL pure dodge, but those were a few years back.

Working for my ISP means I get to test and use their new 100mbps download muhaha!

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by tormunda

yeah the first 20 levels were fantastic.
    Then they took away 50% of the graphics in the starting area ....

Finally you get past lev 20 and find out the rest of the game has no content worth playing.

If the whole game was like the first 20 levels (Before the graphics nerf) then it would be awsome!

Sadly it blows chunks! :(

And what desert island have you been living on?

Now, Tortage is the boring part and the rest of the game rocks.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Funcom is that you? *sniff* I smell a viral marketing thread.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Funny how the majority of the folks here slagging the game will in the future end up playing the game and singing it's praises.  You could put your pocket money on it.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by Consensus

Which ISP is that mate? I used to try Virgin when I was back over that way, but that was pre AoC. First I was with Pipex good old DOS based, had a stint with BT rip off's and AOL pure dodge, but those were a few years back.

Working for my ISP means I get to test and use their new 100mbps download muhaha!

thats epic. I moved to a house with no phoneline/cable, so I got t mobile wireless broadband. surprising how I am still able to play online FPS's but I do have a high ping.

My blog: image

• RooseveltRoosevelt Member Posts: 341

I am an old school UO player and I have really been enjoying the game so far, it has a great combat system that feels alot more real to me than any other MMO out. I have not left Tortage though so I save my full praise until I get into the "Real World".

Also I do enjoy the fact that armor does not mean "Better". In the white sand isles I was killing players 3-5 levels higher than me and in groups, with just a Guardian partner of mine.

This is his story....

• silkwormsilkworm Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Roosevelt

I am an old school UO player and I have really been enjoying the game so far, it has a great combat system that feels alot more real to me than any other MMO out. I have not left Tortage though so I save my full praise until I get into the "Real World".

Also I do enjoy the fact that armor does not mean "Better". In the white sand isles I was killing players 3-5 levels higher than me and in groups, with just a Guardian partner of mine.

Haven't you noticed that white sands are dominated by rangers and barbarians? Apparently players playing these classes have mad skills...

• MENGKESHIMENGKESHI Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by sprigganny

You are so right. I quit 2 days after hitting 80. I never seen a game so thin on end game content.

Hahaha! So I take it you completed all the raids up to wing two of BRC, seiged until it got boring and got to pvp lvl5 all in two days? wow nice playing ;)