Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scrubs!

x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

I know we sometimes go 'round and 'round about whether EvE is a casual or hardcore game, and usually end up coming to the conclusion that it's kind of both at the same time.

But, today, I happened across this interesting article that I have bookmarked and will refer to from now on, as it pretty much describes the kind of player who can't survive in EvE to a T.  I don't really like the term 'scrub' since I've always heard it in used with its WoW meaning (one who does not raid and is thus not worthy of being a human being as they can not properly clothe themselves), but what the article describes - a player with a self-limiting and/or self-defeatest attitude who won't help themselves, won't learn anything, and constantly makes excuses for his own failure is the person who quits his trial after five minutes, and success in EvE has nothing to do with how much time you spend sitting in front of your monitor, which seems to be what most people think of when they try to seperate 'hardcore' MMO'ers from casual ones.

Comments

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

If being a "scrub" means not exploiting and trying to break a game to "win", especially in an MMO, then sure, I guess I'm a scrub. Yet I've managed to "survive" just fine for 4 years in EVE. *shrug*

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by eoweth
    If being a "scrub" means not exploiting and trying to break a game to "win", especially in an MMO, then sure, I guess I'm a scrub. Yet I've managed to "survive" just fine for 4 years in EVE. *shrug*

Make that 2 1/2 for me, but other than that:

/signed

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

i am 35 million skillpoints old. i have no idea how long that is in time.

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

I love scrubs.  They are quite comfortable and probably my favorite garb for long, laid back eve sessions.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)