Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeon running for fun, not loot.

goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Hey all,

I'm currently on the lookout for a fun MMO mainly centered on small group dungeon running ( 4-12 man. )

Now I know almost every single MMO on the market offers this so here's a few very specific demands:

- Atleast 2-3 dungeons available to every level past the noobie zone. I don't want to run the same thing over and over again.

- No BoP drops that are about twice as good as anything else on that level, I want to run dungeons for fun. Not the same one twenty times to finally get that item.

- Good LFG system, I'd like to be able to find a group to whatever dungeon I'm interested in as fast as possible.

- Active player base at all levels. I don't want to level up on my own through desolated zones with nobody to group with.

- If the Game is P2P I want to have a trial, not spending any money before I can see how the game actually is.

So that should about sum it up, any suggestions for me?

We are the bunny.
Resistance is futile.
''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
(")("),,(")("),(")(")

Comments

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Dungeon Runners? I don't know if that game is still going, but it sounds as if it would fit the bill. The only downside is its comical nature and cartoony graphics.

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

I think your best bet is Dungeons & Dragons Online. From what I have read though a fair number of people don't like it's current grouping state. You can check out that post HERE. Like I suggested in that thread though just look for a guild or group of people who take their time in dungeons.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

Dungeons and Dragons Online is totally what you're looking for. There is a 10 or 14 day trial which will show you most of the game up to about lv5 or lv6. Don't worry the max level is only 16. Its very different from any MMO you'll ever play.

The community is unbeatable, the gameplay is similar to that of an fps (no auto-attack, reticule involved, dodging, only a few homing spells, arrows aren't equipped with heat trackers), group play is a MUST, the whole game is dungeons, each one unique and sophisticated with many traps and turns, secret doors, key retrieval, and teamwork is a requirement, ESPECIALLY later in the raiding portion of the game.

There are no items in the game that will make you unable to compete with others. Since there is no PvP, you aren't competing anyway. The raid drop and items system is nothing like WoW. 1/6 chance for a raid item to drop for EACH person in the raid (if on 'normal' difficulty, the chance increases if you increase difficulty).

Which brings me to a really nice feature. The difficulty selection for each dungeon goes from Solo, Normal, Hard, Elite. This will change the AI of the dungeon, and normal to elite is a VERY large change. Tons more HP to the mobs, new spells, new skills, and they are smarter and will use certain things to their advantage.

The itemization of the game is not confusing at all. After playing a while you will know about most items in the game, as they are very memorable. The dungeons are also very memorable, and you will be repeating the same ones a few times anyway (for normal, hard, elite and faction, or favor, gain). There is a little grind involved but it is dungeon grinding for XP not items. And the dungeons are fun to do, not stop-go encounters.

If you are looking for a great dungeon crawler, DDO is your best bet in the current market.

EDIT: The LFG system in DDO is renowned to be the best of any MMORPG. And there are all always players of all levels looking for stuff to do.