Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terminator MMO coming our way ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I was just browsing for some gaming news and found this little piece of info.

www.tentonhammer.com/node/62015

Hasta la vista...World of Warcraft.

Whether or not this executive was just shooting from the hip, the idea of a Terminator MMO (based around the future, machine controlled world) is very, very exciting. Imagine jumping in the boots of a John Connor-esque character and pounding thousands of rounds into robot scum. Spawn points could be machine assembly lines!

Here's the official quote from IncGamers:

However, when IncGamers caught up with Halcyon Games production exec. Mic Rogers, we asked him whether there were plans to make a Terminator MMO.

"You know what, it's something we've looked at," said Rogers "and it's an interesting space for sure."

Comments

• scottscottscottscott Member Posts: 3

dont fall for it, this is what Skynet wants us to do, code a simulation of AI terminators pitted against humans.........

Seriously though would be pretty epic, all the basics are there.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

NEW TERMINATOR MOVIE COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

wow. even the terminator is coming in the MMO scene. its going to be a bad one, i think.

• HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

i wanna be arnie

• OverKryOverKry Member Posts: 14

Well, it does sound pretty cool that there's a Terminator MMO coming, but face it, didn't most games based on movies were most of the time terrible? I don't have much info. but i heard there's a lot of games with movie titles that aren't that great..really.

But, then again, there was the sucess of The Matrix Online game, which i gotta admit, was pretty fun but i only tried it at my freinds house for a bit. I guess this would be a great game, but might just be crap.

And I'll include a poll:

imageimage

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Post-apocalyptic sci-fi would do okay and would fill a niche.  However, the "Terminator" idea for an MMO would likely fall flat.

Why?  "Terminator" is a one-note song that is 20 years out of date.  The coolness factor wore off in the early 1990's.

But, back to the post-apocalyptic point.  A dark, gritty, futuristic sci-fi world in which one faction might be murderous machines could work just fine.

• MangoXIIMangoXII Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by pencilrick

Post-apocalyptic sci-fi would do okay and would fill a niche.  However, the "Terminator" idea for an MMO would likely fall flat.
    Why?  "Terminator" is a one-note song that is 20 years out of date.  The coolness factor wore off in the early 1990's.
    But, back to the post-apocalyptic point.  A dark, gritty, futuristic sci-fi world in which one faction might be murderous machines could work just fine.

I actually hate Terminator, but if you think about what you said, what is Age of Conan doing? Those movies came out before Terminator, right? 

Not trying to troll, just saying it's possible. I know a few big Terminator junkies. And they do have that television series, with a new movie coming out. Christian Bale is the main star, right? Might bring in another big crowd of Terminator fans.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by MangoXII

I actually hate Terminator, but if you think about what you said, what is Age of Conan doing? Those movies came out before Terminator, right? 

Not trying to troll, just saying it's possible. I know a few big Terminator junkies. And they do have that television series, with a new movie coming out. Christian Bale is the main star, right? Might bring in another big crowd of Terminator fans.

I didn't pick up on the new series or movie, and of course that would change everything.  I was just thinking back to terminator back whenever it was (late 1980's?) and thinking it is not as timeless as Conan or Tolkien.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Wait till you see Terminator Salvation

• Originally posted by tkreep

Wait till you see Terminator Salvation

Wait, your saying the new Terminator movie is in the future with a grown up John Connor fighting the machines which is what sparks the original movies? How preposterously absurd would that be.